Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3673 3674 [3675] 3676 3677 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5854684 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55110 on: June 03, 2020, 08:05:47 pm »

So I decided that since I've updated my ADOM mod and that I'm very bored, I think I'm gonna try to recreate the Caverns of Chaos in a dwarf fort, obviously the chaos gate needs to bean artifact door.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55111 on: June 03, 2020, 08:45:08 pm »

Well sometimes horses, and I assume donkeys too, get poop in their vulva (some mares have a vulva that extends out too far or is slanted outwards towards the bottom, trapping feces that falls in, its a common problem) and being as they cant get it out, they sometimes get an infection, which may incite flies to lay eggs (only if it progresses to tissue necrosis I'm pretty sure)
I'm thankful that my two mares never had that problem!
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55112 on: June 04, 2020, 04:59:41 am »

Eric you are banned. You are banned eric
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55113 on: June 04, 2020, 05:12:51 am »

Why are we talking about this?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55114 on: June 04, 2020, 06:08:51 am »

why
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55115 on: June 04, 2020, 06:11:23 am »

Well you see, sometimes the mommy horse and daddy horse love each other very much.  And sometimes they just cant express that love the way they used to and they want to rekindle that love.  So they . . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55116 on: June 04, 2020, 06:15:30 am »

WHY!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55117 on: June 04, 2020, 06:29:54 am »

That makes it worse, and there's probably someone that thinks that kind of thing is sexy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55118 on: June 04, 2020, 06:43:41 am »

When McUrist Blank, legendary animal caretaker, is socializing with the drunk dwarfs in the tavern, they will howl in laughter and in disgust.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55119 on: June 04, 2020, 03:58:37 pm »

Well sometimes horses, and I assume donkeys too, get poop in their vulva (some mares have a vulva that extends out too far or is slanted outwards towards the bottom, trapping feces that falls in, its a common problem) and being as they cant get it out, they sometimes get an infection, which may incite flies to lay eggs (only if it progresses to tissue necrosis I'm pretty sure)
I'm thankful that my two mares never had that problem!

Ours too. Its only our gelding finding ways to cut his legs on things that aren't sharp. I have a habit of skinning my elbows on countertops accidentally, so I can sympathize with him.

I am so sorry if that was too much info guys...

But anyway, my fort has expanded into the third caverns and I'm digging what I hope will become a waterwheel power generator loop from the only edge of the map where water can enter, then I'm going to establish a tree farm up above in the enormous solid space below the eastern half of the second caverns (I'm guessing the great 80 z-level chasm in the middle represents a transition between cavern biomes from the mountains to the west to the swamps in the east, which are much lower in elevation? The other caverns don't display elevation change this but maybe they ramp down slowly.) Almost everything has been moved down, and I've decided to go with communal bunkhouses shared for the non-noble dwarves because it's easier and one giant room full of 100+ beds with different owners and a couple cabinets and coffers actually counts as a very nice bedroom, plus anyone spending time in their bedroom instead of the tavern will actually talk to other dwarves and thus socialize. If we can get those water wheels going maybe I can run a mist generator for the tavern...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55120 on: June 04, 2020, 04:51:31 pm »

I decided to ditch the CoC idea, because I got bored.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55121 on: June 04, 2020, 05:06:10 pm »

What did CoC stand for?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55122 on: June 04, 2020, 05:07:06 pm »

What did CoC stand for?
Caverns of Chaos.

Shdorsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55123 on: June 04, 2020, 05:47:08 pm »

Many projects going on simultaneously:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55124 on: June 04, 2020, 06:24:54 pm »

At the map edge, smooth the stone, then carve a fortification there. Water will drain off the map.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 3673 3674 [3675] 3676 3677 ... 3836