Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 [3683] 3684 3685 ... 3689

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3742192 times)

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55230 on: July 03, 2020, 03:03:17 am »

It turns out that, in addition to being absolutely lethal, minecart grinders have the fun side effect of frequently blowing enemies apart by slamming them into walls. This means that they leave behind stacks of bones when allowed to rot. Normally ethics would prohibit dwarves from using those bones, but the corpses of undead aren't treated the same way as normal sapient corpses. The result is that my dwarves will happily pick up that stack of "dwarf speardwarf corpse bone" and use it for crafting. Pretty much every artefact my fort produces is now decorated with some combination of human, goblin, and dwarf bone (the elves are already extinct in this world).

It's kind of fitting given that most of my dwarves are now necromancers. Although I really need to figure out a reliable way to make them drink. The slowdown from lack of alcohol is pretty severe.

Oh, and I've run into a fun semi-bug with some pet giant cave toads. I made the mistake of allowing females to be claimed as pets while caging all the males. Every few months the toads give birth, and since they're adults from birth, any newborn males immediately get the females pregnant again, thus continuing the cycle. Hopefully some lucky RNG rolls will result in all-female litters in the near future.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55231 on: July 03, 2020, 01:33:07 pm »

@Urist, tyvm. Giving it a whirl.

Those rapidly breeding Toads make great siege fodder bait. Some are quite big, I pitty their mother.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55232 on: July 03, 2020, 11:30:05 pm »

Amxu Arstruktongmul, Ghostly Goblin Performer has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hadn't seen that one before.  :o

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55233 on: July 04, 2020, 02:24:39 am »

Amxu Arstruktongmul, Ghostly Goblin Performer has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Most of my current military is goblin immigrants.  None of them seem to die.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55234 on: July 04, 2020, 09:53:35 am »

After their civ attacks, do you get any more visitors from that civ?

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55235 on: July 05, 2020, 04:55:46 am »

Definitely not from old age. Under your care they have a lifetime to train up their skills, as well as masterwork armor, so they should be very hard to kill.

Can you get a breeding population of gobboes in the current version? Last time I let visitors into a fort I granted many of them citizenship but they never married.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55236 on: July 05, 2020, 05:23:27 am »

Definitely not from old age. Under your care they have a lifetime to train up their skills, as well as masterwork armor, so they should be very hard to kill.

Can you get a breeding population of gobboes in the current version? Last time I let visitors into a fort I granted many of them citizenship but they never married.

I've never seen it happen.  I don't know where I'm getting them from because the only actual gobbo civ is pretty distant and at war with us.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55237 on: July 05, 2020, 11:18:01 am »

dfHack:family-affairs, will not marry insane dorfs. Undead, I think constitute insane. Maybe a birthing room, never use those, dunno. Ive never had a zombie baby, yet. That code kinda ruins the royalty/lineage aspects of DF, if leader becomes a pale one.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

DwarfChef

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55238 on: July 08, 2020, 09:31:56 pm »

Artwork on my new artifact door

"Zas Flamebrass is speaking with the dwarves. The artwork relates to the impersonation of the dwarf Thikut PagedHollow by the dwarf Zas Flamebrass before The Assaulted Portal"
Impersonation. Cool. Artwork about a portal on a door. Very Cool.

Also have dwarves meditating on Suicide, and Jewels. Ya know, just normal everyday dorf life.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55239 on: July 08, 2020, 11:00:33 pm »

One of my forts Reptile Woman Pilgrims has laid 3 eggs. Not fertile, cannot understand why, there are 4 Reptile Man Pilgrims on embark map struting about. They appear to Harvest Plants, thats something, but very little else. When I hatch a few Reptile Children, Ill try some other professions out. Didnt know which prof to give um, so made um all Pilgrims.

Game just crashed when I tried to view a dwarfs thoughts. He was first visitor into this fortress's civ-only Library.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55240 on: July 09, 2020, 07:12:04 am »

One of my forts Reptile Woman Pilgrims has laid 3 eggs. Not fertile, cannot understand why, there are 4 Reptile Man Pilgrims on embark map struting about. They appear to Harvest Plants, thats something, but very little else. When I hatch a few Reptile Children, Ill try some other professions out. Didnt know which prof to give um, so made um all Pilgrims.

Game just crashed when I tried to view a dwarfs thoughts. He was first visitor into this fortress's civ-only Library.
If they're intelligent they have to be married or they'll never reproduce.

In some versions it was impossible for on-dwarfs to marry, but this may be changed in current versions.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #55241 on: July 09, 2020, 09:42:10 am »

As far as I know, intelligent creatures and nest boxes don't mix correctly.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55242 on: July 09, 2020, 09:11:40 pm »

Ya. dfHack:createunit REPTILE_MAN MALE, loaded a not (tame) version, but eggs did not fertilize. DF with newly created unit, crashed to my desktop when unpaused. Didnt bother looking in errorlog. Does it, too. With my war elephant on a chain, ever since I dfHack:add-thought to it. Gotta let War Elephant meander now, it appears to want a bed.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55243 on: July 10, 2020, 04:19:13 am »

A child became a legendary stonecrafter by making an artifact instrument; one of those large stationary instruments with 32 strings and cymbols. I am so proud of her making something useful.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55244 on: July 10, 2020, 03:40:15 pm »

Ilral Nosingezum, the Legendary Milker, has just arrived to the fort
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 [3683] 3684 3685 ... 3689