Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 [3683] 3684 3685 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5774079 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55230 on: July 04, 2020, 09:53:35 am »

After their civ attacks, do you get any more visitors from that civ?

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55231 on: July 05, 2020, 04:55:46 am »

Amxu Arstruktongmul, Ghostly Goblin Performer has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hadn't seen that one before.  :o

Most of my current military is goblin immigrants.  None of them seem to die.
Definitely not from old age. Under your care they have a lifetime to train up their skills, as well as masterwork armor, so they should be very hard to kill.

Can you get a breeding population of gobboes in the current version? Last time I let visitors into a fort I granted many of them citizenship but they never married.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55232 on: July 05, 2020, 05:23:27 am »

Amxu Arstruktongmul, Ghostly Goblin Performer has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hadn't seen that one before.  :o

Most of my current military is goblin immigrants.  None of them seem to die.
Definitely not from old age. Under your care they have a lifetime to train up their skills, as well as masterwork armor, so they should be very hard to kill.

Can you get a breeding population of gobboes in the current version? Last time I let visitors into a fort I granted many of them citizenship but they never married.

I've never seen it happen.  I don't know where I'm getting them from because the only actual gobbo civ is pretty distant and at war with us.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55233 on: July 05, 2020, 11:18:01 am »

dfHack:family-affairs, will not marry insane dorfs. Undead, I think constitute insane. Maybe a birthing room, never use those, dunno. Ive never had a zombie baby, yet. That code kinda ruins the royalty/lineage aspects of DF, if leader becomes a pale one.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

DwarfChef

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55234 on: July 08, 2020, 09:31:56 pm »

Artwork on my new artifact door

"Zas Flamebrass is speaking with the dwarves. The artwork relates to the impersonation of the dwarf Thikut PagedHollow by the dwarf Zas Flamebrass before The Assaulted Portal"
Impersonation. Cool. Artwork about a portal on a door. Very Cool.

Also have dwarves meditating on Suicide, and Jewels. Ya know, just normal everyday dorf life.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55235 on: July 08, 2020, 11:00:33 pm »

One of my forts Reptile Woman Pilgrims has laid 3 eggs. Not fertile, cannot understand why, there are 4 Reptile Man Pilgrims on embark map struting about. They appear to Harvest Plants, thats something, but very little else. When I hatch a few Reptile Children, Ill try some other professions out. Didnt know which prof to give um, so made um all Pilgrims.

Game just crashed when I tried to view a dwarfs thoughts. He was first visitor into this fortress's civ-only Library.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55236 on: July 09, 2020, 07:12:04 am »

One of my forts Reptile Woman Pilgrims has laid 3 eggs. Not fertile, cannot understand why, there are 4 Reptile Man Pilgrims on embark map struting about. They appear to Harvest Plants, thats something, but very little else. When I hatch a few Reptile Children, Ill try some other professions out. Didnt know which prof to give um, so made um all Pilgrims.

Game just crashed when I tried to view a dwarfs thoughts. He was first visitor into this fortress's civ-only Library.
If they're intelligent they have to be married or they'll never reproduce.

In some versions it was impossible for on-dwarfs to marry, but this may be changed in current versions.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #55237 on: July 09, 2020, 09:42:10 am »

As far as I know, intelligent creatures and nest boxes don't mix correctly.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55238 on: July 09, 2020, 09:11:40 pm »

Ya. dfHack:createunit REPTILE_MAN MALE, loaded a not (tame) version, but eggs did not fertilize. DF with newly created unit, crashed to my desktop when unpaused. Didnt bother looking in errorlog. Does it, too. With my war elephant on a chain, ever since I dfHack:add-thought to it. Gotta let War Elephant meander now, it appears to want a bed.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55239 on: July 10, 2020, 04:19:13 am »

A child became a legendary stonecrafter by making an artifact instrument; one of those large stationary instruments with 32 strings and cymbols. I am so proud of her making something useful.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55240 on: July 10, 2020, 03:40:15 pm »

Ilral Nosingezum, the Legendary Milker, has just arrived to the fort
Love, scriver~

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55241 on: July 11, 2020, 06:35:50 am »

The number of forgotten beasts stuck on top of trees (well, giant mushrooms) has now reached three! One in each cavern layer. There's also a flying one stuck in mid air who hasn't moved for a few years, a couple who can't reach the fortress because the passages are blocked by trees, and one who seems to have got confused by the fact it's made of fire and now refuses to leave its (very hot) temporary holding cell.
That last one is particularly disappointing because I wanted to try putting it in a nether-cap cage to see if the fixed temperature of the cage made it safe to handle.

I also tried to do some biological warfare experiments on a stray dog, but the mysterious "noxious secretions" seemed to have absolutely no effect on it.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55242 on: July 11, 2020, 08:18:29 am »

Embarked in an Evil biome, bordered by three towers. Got through to winter before the first siege; pulled everyone indoors via burrow, forbid all ways out of the fortress. My original plan was to get everyone inside until the next caravan, or until we got to the metal layers and could make weapons. Out of nowhere, I get informed a 'Pale Butcher' has interrupted my Mason.

Turns out bridges HAVE to be connected to a lever and raised, or they're effectively useless. Cue ~40 Undead (at least ten intelligent, one necromancer, and the rest raised corpses) flooding into the fortress and painting the walls red. Paddlegirders fell before the year was out, and that Necromancer no doubt found Christmas had come early.

Whoops?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55243 on: July 11, 2020, 08:26:35 am »

Bridges aren't useless... their use is that they enable you to cross rivers. Not stop people from crossing them. That is the opposite of their use.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55244 on: July 11, 2020, 08:29:14 am »

bridges function as walls when deactivated.  thats my use for them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 [3683] 3684 3685 ... 3835