Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5843949 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55290 on: July 24, 2020, 08:01:40 pm »

Checked the Justice records.  Turns out CraftRiddle did, in fact, blame a Echidna for a crime.   

Feel kind of bad about that.   :-[
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #55291 on: July 24, 2020, 10:17:25 pm »

What was the crime?

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55292 on: July 25, 2020, 05:16:11 am »

A drunken off-duty military dorf got brawly and punched several people, including the king. To death. RIP. I had him do martial practice so he wouldn't fall victim to goblins, but a legendary puncher was a tall order.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55293 on: July 25, 2020, 02:37:47 pm »

What was the crime?

Seems to be charge of Disorderly Conduct.  A Soap Maker was attacked and it looks like two witnesses blamed a Woodcrafter (One of the witnesses being the Sheriff "Tin Star") yet somehow a Echidna was convicted.   :-\

Not even sure how that happened.  None of the witnesses say anything about a Echidna....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 03:37:17 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55294 on: July 26, 2020, 04:30:00 pm »

What was the crime?

Seems to be charge of Disorderly Conduct.  A Soap Maker was attacked and it looks like two witnesses blamed a Woodcrafter (One of the witnesses being the Sheriff "Tin Star") yet somehow a Echidna was convicted.   :-\

Not even sure how that happened.  None of the witnesses say anything about a Echidna....
How close is the echidna to the woodcrafter on the name list? Is he fist on the list? Was he last when he was convicted?

These are all ways you can screw up DF when you get on the name-list a way you dd not expect...

What was the echidna's punishment?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55295 on: July 26, 2020, 05:16:59 pm »

Best artifact defense. A named female egglayer, on her nestbox, surrounded by display cases. She will see and witness the burgle and never move. Almost plotlike, with cave dragons on their hoards.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55296 on: July 26, 2020, 06:34:09 pm »

Best artifact defense. A named female egglayer, on her nestbox, surrounded by display cases. She will see and witness the burgle and never move. Almost plotlike, with cave dragons on their hoards.
Can she identify the culprit?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55297 on: July 26, 2020, 09:16:36 pm »

Yes, if a named animal, no otherwise. I just need to forbid her eggs, so she sits there a very long time. Lock door, also. She'll see everything that happens, to give Capt of the Guard, a witness.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:20:55 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55298 on: July 26, 2020, 09:54:52 pm »

Ive had success with putting artifact displays in the back of the guard squad's training room, with the only exit going through the captain's office. The guards reporting the crime will run faster than the criminal in almost every case, giving you time to catch the culprit before they've made it far at all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55299 on: July 26, 2020, 10:00:04 pm »

Yes, if a named animal, no otherwise. I just need to forbid her eggs, so she sits there a very long time. Lock door, also. She'll see everything that happens, to give Capt of the Guard, a witness.
What's that Lassie? The visiting Olm Man has stolen the artifact? And Urist is stuck in the well!?

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55300 on: July 26, 2020, 10:03:41 pm »

Wouldn't a chained named animal work just as well?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #55301 on: July 26, 2020, 10:34:28 pm »

Wouldn't a chained named animal work just as well?

Without the artifact windows, the poor defenseless animal would just be a sitting duck.

heh

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55302 on: July 27, 2020, 05:57:07 pm »

DF wont allow chaining named pets, they dont appear in chain list. Boo. I imagine you could, yes, if it was chained while unnamed, and then adopted. Fuzzylogic. Like I can build a bookshelf FULL of paper outside, but try and build a stone throne or stone table, and Oooo, NOOO you dont. It needs a roof. But bookshelf doesnt? Headscratcher, DF is, sometimes.

Easier with nestbox. Some eggs take forever to hatch, maybe DF has a relationship between hatch time and egg sizes.  Reptile man(tame) sat for awhile, getting a named female is tricky.  Best guard is prolly female beak dog with a name, I imagine.

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55303 on: July 27, 2020, 08:29:17 pm »

A necromancer siege came by before I had even half a dozen military dwarves with full equipment and skill above novice, so I spent a year and a half building 60+ cage traps.
I now have ~50 undead and two necromancers in cage traps. How can I "safely" work them into a training scheme without killing my entire military?

Also, a giant attacked at the end of the siege and my Talented axedwarf hacked it 29 times in the head with a steel axe. It wasn't even decapitated, but it didn't get to land a single blow in return.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55304 on: July 28, 2020, 03:30:40 am »

I missed my 2nd and 3rd migrant waves, and my first dwarven caravan because of these blasted 4-zombie sieges. They keep sending elves clad in steel so they're a pain to deal with and don't walk into my cage traps fast enough.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 ... 3836