Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3716 3717 [3718] 3719 3720 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5857461 times)

Stadfradt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55755 on: January 27, 2021, 11:58:24 am »

I can only do small forts due to poor processing power, so I build up little ones and then toss 'em because I get bored with it. I currently have a small for with the worst dwarves ever! These clowns are so bad that after every time I trade, I spend months getting the rotten food out of the trading depot. Literally the only dwarf who reliably does his job is the cook. They'll spend, like, twenty minutes real time picking up equipment only to go to bed. It's ridiculous.

Grimwulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55756 on: January 27, 2021, 01:19:24 pm »

One of my military squads consists of miners. Every other year they spend some months training, then everyone gets disbanded except for militia captain, who is a legendary miner and a legendary metal crafter. He is the only member of the squad who gave his pickaxe a name for no reason. Despite being around for over 20 years, he never participated in real combat.

Until just now, when he found himself at the wrong place at the wrong time. A minotaur came to the fortress and my head miner just happened to be on that edge of the map, face-to-face with the minotaur. Alone. Armed with nothing but his favorite pickaxe, Alod Berim "The Day of Artifices".

What followed afterward was one of the most brutal scenes this fortress has ever seen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Love this game.

AudiRgr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55757 on: January 28, 2021, 04:17:56 am »

THE FORTRESS OF ZUNTIR (ANVIL)

I'm about 5 years into a fortress that I want to build up with natural growth. The year is 1005 and we are in the Second Age of Legends. The world has been completely dominated by The Disemboweled Fathers, a horde of mummified corpses led by the tomb king Nac. I've been besieged twice by his evil forces of frankenstein creatures concocted by his twisted servant Ilral Clamtin but they haven't broken through. We are the last of the dwarves.

The goal is to build a self-sustaining fortress that I can leave idle and reach 100 years.

Also, everyone in the fortress is obsessed with one dwarf - Lor Mirrorpriced, the fortress mason.
Guy has been married 3 times and has had two children from two different marriages (this is the first time I have ever seen this.)

His youngest daughter dreams of mastering a skill.

The gossip around the fort is that Lor is now currently seeing Morul, the fortress' broker.

Also I commissioned a statue related to my settlement to put in the main hall and our blacksmith made this.. Even she is infatuated with this dorf.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:34:04 am by AudiRgr8 »

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55758 on: January 28, 2021, 09:45:19 am »

Elven caravan comes in, sells a bizarrely expensive instrument (over 3k dwarfbucks!) "What's so special about it?" I say.

https://imgur.com/a/jgZxnvH

The strings are made of WHAT‽

Did those stupid elves raid a vault‽

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55759 on: January 28, 2021, 10:22:56 am »

Elven caravan comes in, sells a bizarrely expensive instrument (over 3k dwarfbucks!) "What's so special about it?" I say.

I think it's a bug.  I've seen very similar items in elven caravans from time to time.  Also sometimes they show up with recently added items (bookcases, pedastels, etc) made from stones or solid gem, which appears to be a bug as well (elves don't work with such materials, correct?)

I always buy those weird items, just because of their weirdness.

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55760 on: January 28, 2021, 10:35:53 am »

I think it's a bug.  I've seen very similar items in elven caravans from time to time.  Also sometimes they show up with recently added items (bookcases, pedastels, etc) made from stones or solid gem, which appears to be a bug as well (elves don't work with such materials, correct?)

I always buy those weird items, just because of their weirdness.

I wanted to buy it, but blew it and gave food barrels made of wood... stupid elves...

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55761 on: January 28, 2021, 01:53:16 pm »

I've seen the elves try to peddle angel swag to me worth up to 15k dorfbucks.  Mostly though, it's just elf instruments and instrument parts and I don't really care.  Maybe I should try to grab some of those weird metals if the elves come by with odd metal parts and melt them down.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Wombation

• Bay Watcher
  • My only friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55762 on: January 29, 2021, 10:06:15 am »

6 years in on a new fort with only the starting 7. Got 6 females and one male, 4 of the females are bisexual and in an odd fourway love... rectangle? I didn't even know that dwarfs could have multiple lovers.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55763 on: January 29, 2021, 03:38:30 pm »

We successfully razed one of the towers our greatest enemy, The Chestnut Grains controlled. Then I decided to send our finest troops to attack the second and last one. Today I read the mission report. And the necromancer that started it all, Euvoun Tapperedblossom, warlord that was controlling sites all over the continent for over a decade, has been slain. And not only that, the other casualties the foul horde suffered were much greater I thought they would. I am sending them back and razing the place once and for all.

Since this was so effective, maybe we could destroy all the accessible towers and root out the other evil necromancers...

In other news, citizens have declared all frozen fields of water vomitoriums, so they're a nice checkered splatters of cyan and green. Also our queen has a catchphrase, that I see rather often when inspecting her thoughts: "It's my mess."

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55764 on: January 30, 2021, 05:11:56 pm »

A Vile Force of Darkness arrived at Our Fortress, and One of their Number is in poor Condition:

He seems to have entered the Map like this, which raises a few Questions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55765 on: January 30, 2021, 06:59:32 pm »

I think I've seen that before too. I figured its related to historical figures recieving injuries off site, but no idea how.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55766 on: January 30, 2021, 11:06:27 pm »

A Vile Force of Darkness arrived at Our Fortress, and One of their Number is in poor Condition:

He seems to have entered the Map like this, which raises a few Questions.

He's with this siege, if only in spirit.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55767 on: January 30, 2021, 11:38:51 pm »

As an Update, We have killed all living Goblins and the Siege hasn't lifted.  It would seem he is attempting to besiege the Fortress by himself, which would work better if he wasn't both intangible and invisible.

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55768 on: January 31, 2021, 01:35:15 pm »

FB comes in, looking not that tough but enough for a good fight. I prepare my 2 legendary squads, and ready for some action in the logs...

... one-hit-killed from decapitation by the first axedwarf to come in. Aww...

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55769 on: January 31, 2021, 02:10:35 pm »

I've started a couple of forts in 0.47.05 to check out the new stress changes (would have ported Torchlaud to the new version, but without DFHack and DT a fort with 200 dwarfs would be a bit of a pain to manage, lol).

Haven't played long enough to get a firm opinion (no sieges yet).
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 3716 3717 [3718] 3719 3720 ... 3836