Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3761 3762 [3763] 3764 3765 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788784 times)

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56430 on: November 21, 2021, 12:05:16 pm »

Giantess tried to attack my fortress but had failed miserably. She head her head smashed with silver maces and died. However, she had managed to scare off merchants. Fortunately, I've managed to trade with them a bit before this.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56431 on: November 21, 2021, 12:42:42 pm »

The merchants had left me a tamed elephant before escaping from the giantess - now I'm training him to be a war animal

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56432 on: November 21, 2021, 01:23:55 pm »

Repelled a giant buzzard and giant peach-faced lovebird attack.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56433 on: November 21, 2021, 07:56:36 pm »

I just watched a dwarf run up to a ledge to build a stair, and then continue right over the edge, falling, and cancelling the job.  To his credit, there was a floor on the far side that was channeled away, but that was a couple days prior to his fall.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56434 on: November 22, 2021, 02:58:05 am »

One of the dwarves had brought back a slab with secrets of life and death from the raid. How to make my dwarves read it?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56435 on: November 22, 2021, 03:28:55 am »

I don't think dwarves can read slabs in fort mode.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56436 on: November 22, 2021, 03:53:14 am »

I don't think dwarves can read slabs in fort mode.
Nevermind. I have captured a scroll "concerning the secrets of life and death". Placed it in my library. I now have 1 Necromancer Weaver!
https://imgur.com/gallery/9nn3zwo

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56437 on: November 22, 2021, 03:58:22 am »

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56438 on: November 22, 2021, 07:41:18 am »

Created small whip squad.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56439 on: November 22, 2021, 08:37:29 am »

Elephant heroically died while protecting the fortress against the Giant while our militia was busy securing a tribute from the elves.

UristTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56440 on: November 22, 2021, 11:22:58 am »

My fort unfortunately has suffered a sudden FPS death when after another siege necromancers started mass-ressurecting the fallen soldiers of both sides (most of whom were friendly, and some even re-applied for citizenship). Not a single of optimizing DFHack commands had helped. The only solution, it seems, is murdering all undead through DFHack console command (is that possible? are undead considered a "race" in game, which can be killed through "exterminate" command?), but it would be considered cheating, I guess.
Well, it was a hell of a ride. I won DF, I guess.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56441 on: November 22, 2021, 06:21:55 pm »

It was inevitable; cleaning the corpses and fighting the reanimated dead in the 2nd caves has it's price.
- A legendary planter drowned after a cave croc knocked him into the water and continued to attack him.
- Kol, 12th migration wave, best armorer's stress is rising to 14k - time for a vacation from military & hauling.
- Ustuth, embarker, top crossbow squad leader's stress to 13k and now always a nervous wreck - time for retirement to civilian life.
Still have 3 of the embarkers alive, not bad. The march of progress must go on!
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56442 on: November 24, 2021, 02:55:56 pm »

Finally got a trap component artefact. The adamantine giant axe blade is also the most expensive artefact I ever got (well over 2.7 mil), and more than twice expensive than the whole architecture of my 13 years old, 180 person strong fortress. When the weaponsmith started mood I was worried for a bit than he chooses iron as his main material, instead of adamantine (because he likes iron), but the blue allure is too much for a dwarf to resist.

He named it appropriately "The Mother of Praises". I suppose elves, humans, gobbos and necros all will invent different names for it, once I install the blade in the main corridor.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56443 on: November 25, 2021, 12:07:53 pm »

Gravearmor, currently at 293 citizens of every age, received a stroke of good luck.  A flying, webbing FB came prowling in a nasty spot... about 8 tiles away from several civilians cleaning up the mess in the caves.  Luckily, they all escaped to the safe burrow except one miner that got webbed & chomped on.

While pondering what to do, we locked the cave entrance doors and let Lidod Gutspurt roam & kill dozens of crundles & reanimated crundles, et.al.  Interestingly Gutspurt didn't try to break down our doors, so the dwarves went about other business while keeping a watchful eye out for the beast.

The stroke of good luck:  a jabberer took the beast down for us after sustaining major wounds.  Back to the caves, you slouches!

(edit:  Started rotating the miners 20 at a time into unarmed combat training)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:12:36 pm by Uthimienure »
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56444 on: November 26, 2021, 05:42:30 pm »

On the 15th of Granite, the dwarves of The Lenses of Eviscerating, hailing from The Bridge of Tools, after a journey stopped near the banks of Martyredrose the Suicidal Meteor in the Goldenrod Forest of The Continent of Jaws, and there the founded a fortress:  "Canyonscribed".

Spoiler: Embark Message (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Embark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Embark (Large) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Where We Are (click to show/hide)

Strike the earth!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 3761 3762 [3763] 3764 3765 ... 3835