Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3765 3766 [3767] 3768 3769 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5846450 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56490 on: January 02, 2022, 09:46:37 pm »

First fort in more than six years.

Quantum stockpile...check.
Atom smasher...check.
Danger room...check.
Magma forge complex...check.

Lots of other necessities up and running.

It took a few hours for my fingers to remember the hotkeys. And my eyes are not what they once were.

I have my forgotten beast traps set up for each of the cavern layers but I think I embarked in an area without any angry neighbors to use as bait.

Going to have to wait until the next migrant wave to figure out this expedition thing.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56491 on: January 03, 2022, 07:19:42 am »

New year's day of year 24 update:

The 23rd year of Gravearmor was a year of mostly peace, migrants, and rebuilding. The population climbed back up to 319 following the deaths of the 31 warriors. The current project is the ongoing rebuilding of these open blocks of 14 beds (max) in open rooms:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

to these more stylish 4-bedroom blocks, this one currently has 148 rooms:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Without macros I would lose my mind building these, lol.)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56492 on: January 03, 2022, 12:37:58 pm »

Another successful year in the generational fort!

The land is peaceful, the craft orders regular, automatic and not overwhelming

The entire first generation of dwarves and humans is old and graying

Their children are growing into new roles and making new discoveries as scholars

Our cavern garden is years away from completion, but from there the dwarves will enjoy all the tastes of the mountain home without any of the hazard

Our human and elven neighbors have made really large empires over the years. Kind of interesting to observe. Every other civilization has either grown or fallen slowly over the years, but our trading partners have expanded and expanded and expanded

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56493 on: January 04, 2022, 02:28:29 pm »

I hit the jackpot!!!!!!

Make sure you are adequately prepared before you start digging.  Even raw diamonds will jack up your wealth in a heartbeat.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56494 on: January 04, 2022, 02:55:57 pm »

The fort is no more.
Attacked by a forgotten beast from below and goblins from above, I got to watch them meet in the middle. The mayor refused to take sanctuary behind the doors of the food storage area, and died of thirst and starvation on a pile of gems in the jewellers station. A werezebra walled into the cavity under the well cistern howled our death knell, unable to hold the position of mayor while she was transformed. Goodbye Dreamfort.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56495 on: January 04, 2022, 05:06:12 pm »

Making lots of sweet divine metal artifacts, apparently.

As well as artifacts that seemingly preserve the lore concerning the making of sweet of divine artifacts. One of which features a depiction of a strangler, which is likely the closest I'll ever get to actually seeing one in game.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 05:11:59 pm by dikbutdagrate »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56496 on: January 04, 2022, 07:26:07 pm »

Making lots of sweet divine metal artifacts, apparently.
Your images are all broken. May I recommend Imgur as a good, free image hosting site?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56497 on: January 05, 2022, 03:01:14 am »

/I was under the impression that Imgur wasn't working on the forum, or is it only for avatars?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56498 on: January 05, 2022, 03:34:22 pm »

Excellent news! A child has been born in HopeWork! Too bad I have no idea who his father is:

All involved people were given more appropriate titles:

/I was under the impression that Imgur wasn't working on the forum, or is it only for avatars?
Imgur images work fine, but only if the URL is copied via right click on image > 'Copy Address Image'. The button with 'Copy Link' doesn't get along with Bay12's img tag.

A correct URL is like https://i.imgur.com/NESoj96.png (the image above). The one retrieved via button is https://imgur.com/NESoj96
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56499 on: January 05, 2022, 04:53:01 pm »

All involved people were given more appropriate titles:

lol "Mace-cuck" feels bad bro

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56500 on: January 06, 2022, 05:23:46 pm »

At the end of the first year of Abbey of Books I crushed a bunch of Pumpkinheads with a badly made Temple.   :-[
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56501 on: January 07, 2022, 06:56:16 am »

lol "Mace-cuck" feels bad bro
I'd have gone for 'Cuckold' but got bored halfway through. By the way, little Lolor is actually his, if the unit list is to be believed.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56502 on: January 07, 2022, 09:57:43 pm »

It's HTTPS that's disliked, and only for avatars.  You can use either in embedded images without issue.  In avatars, Imgur-hosted images work fine if you replace "https" at the front with "http" (see mine for reference).

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #56503 on: January 09, 2022, 03:51:23 pm »

After carving out and making an individual temple for all 18 gods in my dwarven civ's pantheon, one temple had an oh-so rare "@" symbol in it.

Spoiler: @ (click to show/hide)

Took a look at who, and I noticed her cool title.

Spoiler: Title (click to show/hide)
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56504 on: January 09, 2022, 03:54:32 pm »

Cool! I haven't seen a prophet visit a fortress, yet. I wonder if you can recruit them.
Pages: 1 ... 3765 3766 [3767] 3768 3769 ... 3836