Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5859650 times)

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56610 on: May 11, 2022, 02:51:46 pm »

I built a very large library for my dorks ... they are currently enjoying over 100 artifact books "borrowed" from unoccupied monasteries in the area.
 Plans on expanding the "borrowed" collection to over 200 artifact books are underway, but have been delayed due to a goblin siege.
 Ordered several hundred cut Realgar stones to be encrusted into the furniture ( Note: I changed the value of Realgar so that is is a  semiprecious stone as it is in real life ) .
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 02:54:24 pm by RLS0812 »
Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56611 on: May 13, 2022, 05:01:35 am »

I started my first modded fort. The world itself is nothing really out of the ordinary. It is a small world with a very long history, very low civilisations and sites. Elves form the majority, goblins and dwarves are minorities, and humans are extinct. There are alot of beasts.

I modded so that goblins, elves and kobolds have their own pantheons of deities, and just removed the forces.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56612 on: May 13, 2022, 07:43:50 am »

I've abandoned the idea of a grand dwarven library filled with thousands of artifact books after my dorks wouldn't stop reading long enough to do critical fortress jobs.
 In other news, I spent an absurd amount of time getting my 'rags pile' sorted out and offloaded into the trading depo.
After offering the annoying knife eared traders over *22,000 in rags for less than *500 of their goods, they refused and promptly departed. I think I may have accidently selected a wooden object amongst the ludicrous amount of XXClothingNameXX on offer.
 As of when I am posting this update, elf trader bones are being used to decorate my fortress.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56613 on: May 13, 2022, 01:12:01 pm »

I just noticed that my current fortresses name is Clappedfortress. lol

Anyways, after the failure with making owl people citizens, I learned that flying is super duper bugged. And also thought that trying the "tweak makeown" on a landborne animal person might work better.

I waited for some to arrive. After some fooling around, pack of gray langur people walked into the map, which I then paused the game and claimed them all one by one.

But as soon as I unpaused, they all bolted towards the depot where the caravan was. There were 10 of them, only one survived. A gray langur woman, who is alive and well, but very traumatised. She is mostly relaxed and content right now, but is constantly stressed, and relives the deaths of her companions.

What do I do?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56614 on: May 13, 2022, 05:03:04 pm »

Our animals number over 400 and instead of just mass killing I'm trying to sell them all, but the weight limit gets in the way and they reproduce fast enough to counterbalance. So it motivated me to make contact with other neighboring civilizations to try and double my yearly trade. How does one sell almost 200 elephant and rhinoceros with these weight limits? Fun challenge

Also my fort is the only dwarven settlement in this overwhelmingly human region.
Over the decades humanity has spread hamlets all over it and I keep all the local mega and semi-mega beasts in cages

So I like to imagine civilization and prosperity has truly touched this land!

While the rest of the world is your typical dwarf fortress world gen mayhem
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 05:16:29 pm by Maloy »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #56615 on: May 13, 2022, 05:37:16 pm »

Currently setting up a fort in a savage savannah so that I can tame and train Giant War Elephants. Also, meat is nice
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56616 on: May 14, 2022, 08:35:23 am »

SALE SALE SALE ! EVERYTHING MUST GO !

My fortress has finally been finally able to transition to mass adamantine strand production, with high quality green glass spiked balls as the primary trade goods.
 Rock crafts are no longer being produced, so it was time to clear out the thousands of items clogging up my stock piles.

The last knife-eared merchants' bones are now being used as decorations in my fortress, so I had to wait for a caravan who was willing to trade bulk goods without complaining.
 The next lucky caravan was dwarven, and left with a profit of over *280,000. Some time later, a human caravan left with a profit of over *430,000.
  I still have a lot of useless junk in my stock piles that need to be found and traded away.

Edit:
 My latest trade getting rid of useless junk from my piles
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 07:02:40 pm by RLS0812 »

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56617 on: May 15, 2022, 06:22:26 am »

Someone found that an artifact granite mug had been stolen.

The law enforcement of my drow fortress found 13 distinct conspiracies to steal that mug. And a further 5 conspiracies to steal another artifact. And a couple of espionage rings in the fort. And found that some visiting non-hostile goblin poets were in fact using assumed names.

A visiting beastman scholar also confessed to using an assumed name, but other than that, they weren't up to anything nefarious, or at least, nothing that affected our fortress.

Lots of "unknown creatures" were behind these plots, it seems.   ???

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56618 on: May 15, 2022, 09:38:10 am »

Someone found that an artifact granite mug had been stolen.

The law enforcement of my drow fortress found 13 distinct conspiracies to steal that mug. And a further 5 conspiracies to steal another artifact. And a couple of espionage rings in the fort. And found that some visiting non-hostile goblin poets were in fact using assumed names.

A visiting beastman scholar also confessed to using an assumed name, but other than that, they weren't up to anything nefarious, or at least, nothing that affected our fortress.

Lots of "unknown creatures" were behind these plots, it seems.   ???
That's drow for ya.

The unknown creatures heading the plots just means that you don't know who it is yet.

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
Dead Fort
« Reply #56619 on: May 16, 2022, 06:29:20 am »

Well it has inevitably happened.
 FPS death has forced me to retire my fortress.
 The last trader caravan refused to leave, despite 'departing' over a year ago ( yes there are several paved roads going off each side of the map ) ... dorks where all moving as if wading through molasses ... critical jobs where being completely ignored ... attempting to bring up most menus was laggy at best of times ... no amount of DFhack wizardry could fix the issues.

Interestingly enough, right after I retired the fort, Legends told me all of the artifact books I traded away where 'destroyed' by the glitched caravan :-/
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Colorless Nets of  The Gold of Bones at the settlement of Boltsticks regained their senses after an initial period of questionable judgment. site retired
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Classic Couragesieges was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) My Friend Eagle was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Least Infamy And Arches was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Uncovering the Monastery was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) A Humble offering To the Human was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Truth About Self-control was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Interpretation of the Author was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Classic Storage was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Monastery: My Only Mistake was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Religion: Problems And Solutions was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Master of the Dork was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Elements of the Monastery was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) The Wizard`s Guide To the Monastery was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Do We Understand the Monastery? was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Records of Shottrails was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Explorations of the Tree was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Captivated By Squeezingsmiths was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) A Record of Idala Youthfulglisten was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) Victory By the Gold of Bones was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed
0556-11-02 In 556, midwinter, (2nd of Opal) New Town was destroyed in Boltsticks. artifact destroyed

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56620 on: May 16, 2022, 04:53:21 pm »

I currently have a retired adventurer in my fortress, she also happens to be the last human on the planet, but that is another story.

The game claims that
"She has a calm demeanor, after being caught in the rain in 288"

I am glad someone finally managed to get some happy thoughts from the dismal weather here, but I'm not quite sure how to reconcile this with her next thought:

She would just as soon have nature and the great outdoors burned to ashes and converted into a great minging pit after being caught in the rain in 288

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56621 on: May 16, 2022, 08:44:44 pm »

Your retired adventurer is expressing "cold fury".

====
In the ocean-side castle of Ulolastis, the military lost 4 dwarfs when they charged out to fight 1000 goblins. The military helped clean up the 5000 corpses and body parts. Then, the military lost 4 more dwarfs when one snapped during a sparring session and threw a wombat leather thong at another dwarf.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56622 on: May 16, 2022, 09:05:22 pm »

Tried that High Fantasy mod. Decided I'd go with a "safe" option with dwarves. Fort abandoned immediately following the entire founding party getting pulled into a fight with a mass of river drakes when I had the militia try to save the hill dogs I'd brought along. One dead, multiple people wounded with permanent injuries, no supplies for treating injuries (I'd swapped a bunch of stuff for some starting weapons and armor specifically to avoid unarmed civilians being my only option for defense) and no way to get them in a timely manner that wouldn't just invite a party wipe in a week or two instead of immediately (and also invite hordes of monster slayers I don't want or need and don't need wasting my EL's time.)

I need to gen a world where dwarves have somewhere to live too. This world genned with a garbage layout (giant-ass ocean in the middle of the map, the most variety of neighbors in an unpleasant climate. Oh and an allosaur showed up, which would have probably killed everyone anyway when it inevitably got into a fight with the surviving dogs.

I don't think I've ever noped out of an embark that quick before, but having one guy dead and having multiple people with permanent injuries isn't fun in an entertaining way, it's just frustrating.

With my own crap, SVE, I've been playing a human fort for a while. For some reason this civ was taken over by kobolds (I sincerely have no clue how this happened or what chain of events needed to transpire for it to happen,) and the local wildlife was far less interested in picking fights with my guard dogs. A hippo started some shit at one point and I'd had my... "Militia" try to beat it to death with thier bare hands and presumably some harsh language, but had them back off when it was becoming clear they couldn't smash its head in that way.

Things are mostly going fine, with the crown of that gem right now being a dude literally named "Isman Greatmuscles," who I can only imagine as giga-chad in peasant clothes.

I've also been playing the LISA: The Dwarf-ful mod, and that's gone about as well. A tavern built entirely out of scrap metal is just about finished, though I need to put some window slats or something in the walls to finish it properly. Out of necessity I had to tap the caverns and so far out of the dozen or so monster slayers that have come knocking, six have been killed by the various over-qualified garbage cans and head-spiders. There also isn't a single woman in the town.

Oh, and some Rando Army prick and his Joy Addict buddy dropped by looking for the glaive one of my weaponsmiths made. Former got his throat cut open by a Yakuza monster slayer, latter got his head caved in by a trash mech.

Construction of personal housing is underway as well as building a proper barracks for the local goons to train in. Granted they're gonna be training mostly with scavenged pipes and bits of rebar, but still. Something's better than nothing, right?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56623 on: May 17, 2022, 02:23:11 pm »

Giant/Centaur Siege of Winter 243. No words, only pics, fighting started 1st Opal.

Spoiler: Opal 5th (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Opal 7th (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Opal 9th (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Opal 12th (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Opal 16th (click to show/hide)

Siege lifted at 17th Opal when the last group fled. 8 dead and 7 wounded dwarfs.

Äkillam stands strong.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56624 on: May 17, 2022, 05:26:13 pm »

This is probably the cutest forgotten beast I've gotten so far.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 3836