Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3780 3781 [3782] 3783 3784 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787368 times)

pipyui

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56715 on: June 21, 2022, 09:10:53 am »

That's quite an epic start, do you have any plans for revenge on that web-spitting eyeless frog?  I think you should find a way to capture it and harvest its webs, or maybe release it on some invaders?

Haha this is my second fort that isn't Peridexis Errant's fantastic tutorial fort, so frankly I'm not even sure what's in my powers yet to enact revenge.
I think if it's gonna be murder, it'll have to be at range - Sarek's legs have a habit of exploding effortlessly thru dwarven heads.
Capture .... maybe I can sneak a cage trap into a bottleneck in the caverns and lure it there?  Worth a shot!
The luring's gonna be the hard part.  Not sure what tools I can leverage to accomplish that yet....

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56716 on: June 21, 2022, 10:55:50 pm »

Majority of my dwarves worship a death god called Momuz Tombburialed and he is depicted as a male dwarf
He is responsible for the dwarf necromancers in the world
We have a lot of cults, but the biggest (although not the majority) is for a death god called "Nar Deathbone the Dead."  He gave the previous king of our civilization a slab.  However, despite that particular king teaching the secrets to every other dwarf he met and that we have his daughter as a queen now, we don't have a single necromancer in a world full of them.  The king himself got killed in an FB raid and the slab was lost. 

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56717 on: June 22, 2022, 09:52:46 am »

Created a 1x1 fortress, and embarked on a glacier far up north, right on a permanently frozen river source.
25 dork population limit, 30 hard limit. No traders, no mega beasts, raids where enabled, full sieges where disabled.

The purpose was simply to let a few years pass so that I could finish the story of my last fort in Legends Mode ( Complete story is posted here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180018.0 ).

I made life simple for my dorks. No trade goods mass production orders, just simple farming and weapons trap construction. Had both red sand and fire clay, which I didn't bother to use since I wanted to keep my dorks out of the cavern and magma layers.
 Once the surface had enough strategically placed traps set up, wild animals suppled more than enough food for my dorks. I stopped the 'cook fine meal' order after 1,200 where produced.
 The dorks where content to socialize in the tavern I set up, and kept admiring the exceptional quality fine meals that where on display

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:54:23 am by RLS0812 »
Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

Haggoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56718 on: June 22, 2022, 09:21:34 pm »

Finally found my Vampire.  He confessed to the 4 active murders and 5 cold case murders.  When I found the vampire, I promoted my Hammer Lord to the Hammerer position to get ready for the sentence.  350 hammer strikes, and 662 days in prison should he survive it.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56719 on: June 23, 2022, 12:27:48 am »

Soooo... this just got made:

A square steel breastplate? Is that even usable?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56720 on: June 23, 2022, 12:49:56 am »

Presumably its made of a single cookie sheet tied around the wearers back and shoulders.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56721 on: June 23, 2022, 08:07:11 am »

Should be usable, yes. It's a known feature that artifact makers can draw from the entire list of objects generated for a given world – sometimes inspiration comes from beyond the fussy traditions of dwarven forging.

I'm pretty sure this means there are other "square" breastplates somewhere in your world made by someone with geometric predilections. If you are truly curious, you could try finding out where by exploring in adventure mode. Good luck when you do!

Er, I meant, "Good luck in your search." Yeah.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56722 on: June 23, 2022, 07:31:36 pm »

A square steel breastplate? Is that even usable?
That's one of the best artifacts I could imagine!

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56723 on: June 23, 2022, 07:37:16 pm »

Oh I am certainly not complaining, just as long as my dwarves can actually use it! The mention that it was a square breastplate was throwing me off.

I'll definitely be having either my militia commander or my Count wearing that thing. Maybe the King if I ever decide to do what is necessary to become the Mountainhome.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56724 on: June 23, 2022, 07:46:38 pm »

What does it look like?

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56725 on: June 23, 2022, 09:42:50 pm »

What does it look like?

Also discovered that I don't even need to provoke the hippies. My civ is already at war with them.

pipyui

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56726 on: June 23, 2022, 11:16:23 pm »

[...]

Sarek Conflictdagger has returned.  Someone has intruded upon its home.
Someone has stumbled into its web.

And already it's too late to stiffle the damage.  Half of Patternedclasps is in the caverns below.  The guard is distant, sparse and battered.

Time freezes a moment as I spot the Countess.  Shorast shouldn't be down here.  The caverns aren't a place for nobles.  A green foot explodes through her head.

I watch as my friends and colleagues pinball violently off each other, one after another, thrown dramatically with each kick of Sarek's mighty legs.  The children try to flee.  Many stalwart dwarves try to flee.  But the slaughtergrounds are covered in Conflictdagger's steely webs.  Few escape its clutches.  I do.

And when I dare turn to look at the carnage behind - when nothing remains but blood and bile and an enormous, eyeless and unharmed frog - Sarek hops away, back, deep into the caverns of its lair.  A mind unknowable.

[...]

Hey the good news is in the 2 years since, Sarek has killed off 2 other Forgotten Beasts soon as they wandered into the caverns.
Between the two they managed to bruise Sarek a bit.
I haven't figured out how to make him or her an object of worship yet.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:22:16 pm by pipyui »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #56727 on: June 24, 2022, 09:59:08 am »

Those filthy elves!! They learned to grow STONE!

What now, grown steel?!?!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56728 on: June 24, 2022, 11:28:05 am »

That doesn't sound good.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #56729 on: June 24, 2022, 10:00:51 pm »

To make matters worse, it looks like they've decorated the pedestal with normal wood instead of grown wood.

Hypocrites!
Pages: 1 ... 3780 3781 [3782] 3783 3784 ... 3835