Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3783 3784 [3785] 3786 3787 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788839 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56760 on: July 20, 2022, 11:52:23 am »

The undead rule the surface as I try to bait them into coming into my Maze of Death.  I killed a few of them but also some of my dwarfs have died.  I think I am going to run out of dwarfs before the undead leave or get wiped out by my Maze.

I think I may just dig down for water and resources and live underground for the rest of my settlement's life.   ::)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

DrCyano

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56761 on: July 20, 2022, 03:51:34 pm »

My fortress just repelled it’s first goblin siege. Would have been easy if not for the fact that the goblins were being lead by a frickin’ elephant demon! It was an epic fight! The demon killed six dorfs and crippled 3 more before the guard captain slew it with a well-placed spear thrust through the demon’s brain.

A mad scientist necromancer, a peasant with a dream, a secret message inscribed on a gem, a giant bridge.
Come witness the Saga of the Puzzling Sea!
A documented Dwarf Fortress v0.47.xx game combining Fort Mode and Adventure Mode.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56762 on: July 21, 2022, 12:45:15 am »

Seems like the elf problem was with a specific merchant. I was able to trade with the elves (crundle meat roasts for an instrument of the gods, seems like a sweet deal to me) despite my trader getting run off by one of them a couple of times. Then my military happened on the offending merchant, and I guess he won't be offending anymore. Still don't know what the deal was.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #56763 on: July 21, 2022, 07:30:11 am »

I've got a fort in an experiment world (destroying artifacts). We conquered the goblins by year 12, so now we've picked a fight with two elven civs. They sent a raid against my fortress of 8 dwarves.

Only really notable thing was that one of the raiders was a hammerdwarf riding a giant peach-faced lovebird. I also was under the impression that flight pathing was bugged with tame creatures, but one of my dwarves has a pet duck that flies about, and that hammerdwarf flew straight into the barracks during training (he didn't last long)

Steampunkgears

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56764 on: July 21, 2022, 04:55:53 pm »

Hey there,
 I set out with a pretty modest ambition and wanted to share my progress. The embark site is one of my favorite types being that a river has a deep waterfall and it forks off. This makes it easy to dig a secondary trench and have a natural mote. The waterfall goes down about 13-14z levels. The world I created is a large one and has a high number of civs but with a low density. There are more beasts in the world which would make things fun. My group "The Armored Swords" set out and established their fort "The Black Anvil" in the year 125.

One of my primary goals is to establish a giant eagle breeding system and train giant war eagles. (This was done via some modifications since its not possible in vanilla). They have personalities like cats and only they can choose whom they wish to bond with. I am hoping for some fun with this and a great story. (I also made new sound files and sprites for the giant war/hunting variants of the Giant Eagle. See attached photos).

Pictures of the fortress and Eagles. https://imgur.com/a/VhWi2MC

The fortress itself is pretty bare bones at the moment but each floor was meticulously planned out prior to digging. I am currently streaming this playthrough on twitch if anyone is interested in tuning in then stop on by. https://www.twitch.tv/steampunkgears
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 01:50:13 am by Steampunkgears »

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56765 on: July 22, 2022, 12:52:10 am »

According to Our Combat Log, an Axedwarf knocked a Minotaur unconscious by cutting off her Head.

We are... uncertain as to the Accuracy of this Report.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56766 on: July 22, 2022, 09:01:57 am »

According to Our Combat Log, an Axedwarf knocked a Minotaur unconscious by cutting off her Head.

We are... uncertain as to the Accuracy of this Report.
Well, was the minotaur conscious afterwards?

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56767 on: July 22, 2022, 09:38:29 am »

Well, was the minotaur conscious afterwards?

She was dead.  While it has been a while since We took Our First Aid course, We are quite confident in asserting that 'Dead' and 'Unconscious' are two distinct States of Being.

Economic Snake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56768 on: July 22, 2022, 10:41:24 am »

A forgotten beast (Dunanlebes Telular Milol, a towering one-eyed monkey with three long, spiral horns who squirms and fidgets) came into my caverns, wandered around, killing troglodytes and the like by pummeling them with his "large osprey leather chausse" and then left.
Cave crocodiles and chickens don't mix.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56769 on: July 22, 2022, 08:01:13 pm »

One of Our Weavers lost his right Arm from the Elbow down to a Titan.  He dutifully went the Hospital, where he was immediately declared fit for Duty.

We'd chalk this up to imperfect Training, but it's been a few Months and Nothing bad has come of it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56770 on: July 22, 2022, 08:17:39 pm »

One of Our Weavers lost his right Arm from the Elbow down to a Titan.  He dutifully went the Hospital, where he was immediately declared fit for Duty.

We'd chalk this up to imperfect Training, but it's been a few Months and Nothing bad has come of it.
It's not like there's anything to be done for a missing limb.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56771 on: July 24, 2022, 12:14:33 am »

It's not like there's anything to be done for a missing limb.

One would expect the bloody Stump to at least require Bandaging!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56772 on: July 25, 2022, 01:49:03 pm »

First fort in 2 years, I got up to maybe 30 dorfs and had a military.  Go me.  A fire-breathing lobster emerged in the caverns and my dorfs had head-to-toe coverage in iron armor, so out they went.  The FB rolled over the military, into the fort, and Syrupoaks Got Rekt.  GG, F in the chat.  It was a nice welcome back, I have to admit.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56773 on: July 25, 2022, 09:13:50 pm »

First fort in 2 years, I got up to maybe 30 dorfs and had a military.  Go me.  A fire-breathing lobster emerged in the caverns and my dorfs had head-to-toe coverage in iron armor, so out they went.  The FB rolled over the military, into the fort, and Syrupoaks Got Rekt.  GG, F in the chat.  It was a nice welcome back, I have to admit.

Meanwhile, We discovered that Silver Hammers are effective against Bronze Colossi the interesting way.

Which was annoying, because We had been vaguely looking forward to finally losing a Fortress.

Our Dwarfs didn't even get hurt!  How does that even happen!  We haven't even put Armour on them yet!

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56774 on: July 26, 2022, 12:14:49 pm »

Which was annoying, because We had been vaguely looking forward to finally losing a Fortress.

Our Dwarfs didn't even get hurt!  How does that even happen!  We haven't even put Armour on them yet!
About the first thing that happened in my new embark was a bunch of fire imps showed up and killed three of the starting seven and set a fire that burned down the whole embark over the course of a couple months, before escaping without a single casualty of their own and one of them with a new name.
Pages: 1 ... 3783 3784 [3785] 3786 3787 ... 3835