Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3815 3816 [3817] 3818 3819 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861804 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57240 on: April 17, 2023, 10:19:44 pm »

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the bee puns and vaguely threatening posts you keep making in the Museum thread.

Just 'bee'tween you and me, you might be on to something.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57241 on: April 18, 2023, 09:51:43 pm »

You know, just mis'bee'having.

Current exceeded honey bee limit stock.

A .gif showcasing the 'bee'havior of bee colonies when stuck inside an enclosed room and placed onto a single pedestal. In this instance, we are studying a room filled with over 3 million bees. (Note: In versions prior to .5 the only way to place bee colonies onto pedestals is through the use of adventure mode. In vanilla, pedestals can sustain an unlimited number of bee colonies resting upon it. And the colonies will not disappear upon retiring and reloading the area.)

what will happen if you leave someone in there?
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57242 on: April 19, 2023, 03:22:25 am »

what will happen if you leave someone in there?

They will be stung repeatedly.

This in turn will result in many honey bee vermin remains being left behind, as the bees die after 'biting'.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57243 on: April 24, 2023, 09:16:56 pm »

So...checking out the statues my populace have been making and placing around my latest Fortress I noticed the statue in the hospital...well, take a look....

???
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57244 on: April 25, 2023, 09:28:54 pm »

My settlement was attacked by a Minotaur.  Well, it showed up and my three units swarmed it.  Killed it though two soldiers ended up in the hospital.  Both had damage done to their hands and could not grasp properly.  So they have been removed from their units.  Luckly we have lots of fresh meat...er...new recruits due to another migrant wave.  Yeah!  More bedrooms.  We have over a thousand meals now but seem to only have 200 units of booze at any one time.  Can't seem to make them fast enough even with the below ground farms, above ground farms, and all the fruit trees and berry bushes.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57245 on: April 26, 2023, 11:27:11 pm »

A giant, one of the last creatures of its size in the world, pulled up to my fortress just to die. However, this giant was carrying 3 slabs, 2 of which contained the original secrets of life and death learned by the necromancer that has effectively conquered the world as of ~600 years ago. The third slab is a vault procurement, containing the true name of a one of the world's two goblin leader demons. Both have long since died.

edit: PSYCHE she had a 4th slab, also containing the secrets of life and death.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 11:29:23 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57246 on: April 27, 2023, 05:19:47 am »

I was sieged by goblins who wanted to parley.  The swordmasters were sent out, and the 2 groups just stood next to eachother without any hostilities.  I tabbed over to look into what a parley involves, and when I tabbed back, only goblin carnage remained.  I doubt it was more than 5 seconds.  It seems parley just means delayed hostilities, which allows even the dabbling armor users to get into position adjacent the goblin archers.  I suspect the announcement to actually parley was right clicked away by mistake, and so the opportunity for peace was lost.

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57247 on: April 28, 2023, 08:42:27 pm »

I made a new embark recently and only just noticed that there is a heap of spider webs on the surface and an entire carpenters workshop in the middle of a field. Has anybody ever seen something like this before? I haven't apart from a campfire on an embark a few years back.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57248 on: April 29, 2023, 01:30:05 am »

That's strange, the only thing I can think of is you placing your fort on top of an adventurer base that you'd built a carpentry workshop on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57249 on: April 29, 2023, 06:28:26 am »

That's strange, the only thing I can think of is you placing your fort on top of an adventurer base that you'd built a carpentry workshop on.

Nope I'm on Steam so no adventuring for me yet :(

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57250 on: April 29, 2023, 07:28:51 am »

I made a new embark recently and only just noticed that there is a heap of spider webs on the surface and an entire carpenters workshop in the middle of a field. Has anybody ever seen something like this before? I haven't apart from a campfire on an embark a few years back.

Yeah, without adventure mode this is very very strange.

My only guess is that it could be some weird leftover of some artifact nonsense. Check legends if any interesting things happened in that region. Most likely just a bug from an update, though. Maybe a random plant got turned into a workshop? What's the material it was constructed out of?

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57251 on: April 29, 2023, 08:43:49 pm »

Yeah, without adventure mode this is very very strange.

My only guess is that it could be some weird leftover of some artifact nonsense. Check legends if any interesting things happened in that region. Most likely just a bug from an update, though. Maybe a random plant got turned into a workshop? What's the material it was constructed out of?

I don’t remember exactly but it was a type of wood. I’ll check out the history of the region a bit later tonight and let you know what I find.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57252 on: April 30, 2023, 06:41:24 pm »

Lovely FUN...

The dwarf `CoG Cog 74' thalalubbul died in year 55 (cause: suffocate), killed by the dwarf `!!yn Zon 22nb' inethrakust.
Cog was the Captain of the Guard.  Zon is a weak little girl dwarf, 10 y/o with serious stress issues and about 15 prior convictions.

I missed what happened, found out when Cog's body was discovered.

Year 50 of the fort GraveArmor.
Population:  530 529 lol.

edit:  ***BINGO***  I'm nominating Zon's older sister as the new CoG so she can beat up Zon when she turns 12.  Hehe...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 06:53:33 pm by Uthimienure »
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57253 on: May 13, 2023, 01:19:17 am »

The towering rattlesnake composed of clear glass has been doing its part keeping the caverns still.  Since it has arrived, Amas Subtlevice the Lone has racked up 316 miscellaneous kills, and has defeated 5 other forgotten beasts.  It lost both right and left mandibles, its tail, and has suffered some fracturing around the head and neck along the way, but it described as quite durable, very strong and slow to tire, so I think it has a few more FB battles in it depending on what it goes up against.

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57254 on: May 14, 2023, 02:45:09 am »

Had a werepig attack a few months ago, infecting one of my dwarves. Then that dwarf turned into a werepig and killed a few more dwarves. I'm expecting an endless cycle of this until either everyone is dead or there's a single werepig dwarf that kills any new migrants. Either way it'll be Fun!

I also got attacked by a second werepig that was an elven baroness? Interesting, but I'm hoping I won't have that nation declare war on me because I killed one of its feral nobles.
Pages: 1 ... 3815 3816 [3817] 3818 3819 ... 3836