Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3819 3820 [3821] 3822 3823 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861130 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57300 on: July 03, 2023, 06:10:52 pm »

Welcome to the forums! It's not as busy here as it was back in the day, but some of us are still around.

Exploding roads always bothered me. I usually use floors unless I'm really low on resources.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57301 on: July 03, 2023, 06:54:56 pm »

Fixed a bug I'd been having for a while with my mod that ive just been ignoring because it rarely came up. Also got an errorlog i've never seen before; it spit out a lot of null population numbers for various freshwater animals. Critters still spawned in the river on embark, though, and reloading the world I didn't get it again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57302 on: July 03, 2023, 08:32:23 pm »

The game crashed quite often after I updated it.
The cavern was infested with serpent men, no matter how many I killed, more just appeared. Maybe it's time to fill the cavern with magma!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57303 on: July 06, 2023, 01:04:51 am »

I embarked on a camp. Has a campfire and a rope reed tent. Didn't notice if there were any occupants, theres nobody there now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57304 on: July 06, 2023, 01:27:15 am »

The sheriff slapped a vandal so hard and his mangled ear flew off.
The doctor gave him a crutch before he was chained for 57 days.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 01:30:14 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57305 on: July 06, 2023, 10:45:27 am »

Had to surrender an artifact to avoid a goblin siege. Fortunately, the guy who made/owned it was okay with it. Between the large number of monster slayers and my own very fledgling troops, I might have been able to take them, but I didn't think it was worth the risk. I'm having trouble getting my troops to equip stuff. The gear is available, but the squad menu reports that it's not.

Prior to that, another group of gray langurs got into the meat processing/brewery building. A citizen necromancer was also in the building. In the confusion, he decided to raise a pig skin that was tanning, and later one of the dead langurs, but no real harm was done. The last langur was killed by a little girl after a very long fight; both were exhausted, but the langur passed out from exertion first. This allowed the little girl to punch it in the face repeatedly until the last punch broke its neck. The little girl, with several cuts and bruises, then passed out from exhaustion.

On the plus side, about a minute after saving and exiting the game the power went out in my house. It's a plus because it didn't happen a minute before.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

dovedozen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57306 on: July 06, 2023, 02:35:03 pm »

On a new fort, someone in my ~2nd migrant wave brings a buck rabbit. I always geld rabbits & cavies & what have you, so I make the usual detour from the "assign animals to pasture" menu to the list of animals & designate him real quick, nbd. I get the "(whoever decided to do the gelding job) is fighting!" alert, but that happens all the time & I'm presumably trying to design my guild hallway or something while all these new dwarves are rolling up with their grazer pets to mess with my workflow, so I ignore it.

Handful of months later, I notice that I have one (1) unhappy dwarf; I go to check what their damage is & it's the rabbit gelder - he's reliving being attacked. By a pet baby rabbit. It's his only memory. Okay!!

He's still pretty new & not related to anyone I particularly want to keep, so I expel the guy. While he's on his way out, someone spots a snatcher on the way in, & before I even make it to the scene of the crime, said snatcher has been trampled to death in the entryway by some random stray yak cow I wasn't even planning on keeping??

I bestow the title "GoblinKiller Supreme" upon the cow. I resolve to also title & keep any calves she might have in the future (CURRENT CALF COUNT: 2. Good for her).
Urist "Emotionally Defeated By One Very Small Rodent" McTraumaticEvent slumps out the front door of Wardwheels in disgrace.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57307 on: July 06, 2023, 05:41:56 pm »

It's a surface fort. The expedition leader became Baroness, then Countess. I built a castle for her, and to house two squads of troops. As I was trying to cram as many porcelain statues into her rooms to bring the value up, I noticed something. The shape of the castle, particularly after going up a few z-levels, it's... well... it's a penis. A tiny one, at that. From the POV of someone getting teabagged, even.

This was not intentional.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57308 on: July 07, 2023, 07:49:49 pm »

The fort was attacked by zombies. I checked the message and it appeared some human called Innu died and turned into a zombie.
I loaded the auto save, atom-smashed his corpse, engraved a slab, and found he died peacefully at age 101.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57309 on: July 10, 2023, 11:37:02 am »

Got into 50.09. Gotta give credit to Toady, it is quite comprehensible and easy to use, even though I sorely miss DFHack and its automation functionalities.

My new fortress is named Likotbavast (Inkyglides). 110 dwarves live here.  Likobavast is on small "arid" island where it rains ever other week (It is two map tiles big; north is desert, south is savanna). I chose an island so that I could get used to the new controls in peace  Most keybinds are changed from 0.47, and DFhack shortcuts are absent.

I will keep updating you on developments, I guess.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57310 on: July 10, 2023, 12:25:01 pm »

Got into 50.09. Gotta give credit to Toady, it is quite comprehensible and easy to use, even though I sorely miss DFHack and its automation functionalities.
DFHack 50.09-r1 released!
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57311 on: July 10, 2023, 05:16:41 pm »

My new fortress is named Likotbavast (Inkyglides). 110 dwarves live here.  Likobavast is on small "arid" island where it rains ever other week (It is two map tiles big; north is desert, south is savanna). I chose an island so that I could get used to the new controls in peace  Most keybinds are changed from 0.47, and DFhack shortcuts are absent.

I will keep updating you on developments, I guess.

yup DFhack is totally a thing for premium. still waiting on the labor management menu but for now it really, really helps.

I also recommend the steam workshop mod "Interface Tweaks" as it prints the hotkeys for each menu directly on the image for that menu, instead of needing to hover your mouse over each button.

Merrygin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57312 on: July 12, 2023, 02:32:43 am »

Just tried out Legends Browser II for the first time to get a feel for my current fort's world, having a look at some of the deities, and wasn't disappointed.
AKUR AKIR AKAM

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57313 on: July 13, 2023, 08:05:22 pm »

The elves brought a breeding pair of hippos. Actually, there were two females with the male, but I could only afford one since the bins I sent over were mostly bone/hoof stuff, which the last time they were here I did not know they reacted to that just like they do with wood. There were some porcelain bits which paid for the hippos.

Then their diplomat demanded I limit treecutting. I told them to piss off.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57314 on: July 14, 2023, 06:36:38 am »

DFHack 50.09-r1 released!

Thanks man. Finally, I can specify amounts of beds the dorfs have to make.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 3819 3820 [3821] 3822 3823 ... 3836