Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5858348 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9315 on: December 30, 2010, 03:46:08 pm »

a pack of five just wandered into the entrance, got caught in the cage traps, and the rest started milling around.
That happen to all creatures with flock behaviour. I really like this "feature" as it lure civ dwarves out to slaughter :D
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: December 30, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »

Embarked on a volcano next to haunted mountains. The first zombie goat killed three dwarves and a dog. I am trying to keep everything running, and thankfully nobody is unhappy yet, but my starting skills were a mess and I didn't realize it. I might have to reclaim.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »

I really should have been paying more attention. I knew they did that because it happens all the time, I just had no idea that something had gotten caught.
Just now I had a fairly grand loyalty cascade scenario. I had ordered my soldiers to attack the merchant animals since they refused to accept a pretty wide profit margin of up to +100 and left, and my mason was being lazy of course. (I don't dump crafts on them, I usually can get what I want with only a +20-30 profit margin) In all, everyone except the original expedition leader died horribly. A polar bear and bronze golem were the major culprits. The golem, though locked in combat with another, is obviously fairly close to invincible to the kobolds, but the bear was the one that earned a complete title. Jifibiseekis Ovabibawe Carimaadi, or "Jifibiseekis Sungtamed the Contemptible Ace". 20 migrants arrived and I locked them outside, but the bear was also out there. She managed to kill one more before a tame helmet snake pinned her down with it's venom and the kobolds surrounded her. They never killed her and the cascade was never ended, after a while I canceled the station order on the bear's bloated, pale body, and everyone ran back to the meeting hall near where the wagon was, the helmet snake stayed to torture her. Then the game crashed again.

Should I restart the cascade? Not nearly as much fun the second time around I'd imagine.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: December 30, 2010, 06:24:46 pm »

She managed to kill one more before a tame helmet snake pinned her down with it's venom and the kobolds surrounded her.

Helmet snakes are awesome like that. I think I'm going to make their venom instant.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: December 30, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »

Two things: One, a dwarvern caravan decided that the quickest way to leave my fort was through the caverns. No, seriously. They just packed up and headed deep into my fort, passed through into the caverns, stopping only to murder some crundles. They then left the screen.

My fortress just had some human merchants do the same.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: December 30, 2010, 11:00:11 pm »

Just had a triple siege. Three sieges in one year. Have had to switch almost all of my 16 magma smelters to melting items to compensate for all the goblinite.

:D

Oh, and breached the caverns for the first time (without immediately rewalling), and slaughtered my way thru the six forgotton beasts who had been lurking down there. Caught a swarm of crundles and immediately modded them to be trainable and trained them to add to my massive dog/bear/alligator bomb at the entrance to my fort.

Currently trying to lure a pair of blind cave ogres into the traps to do the same with them.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

AkuroAdennyciia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: December 31, 2010, 01:28:18 am »

The challenge is going well... Though I kinda want to try a few changed up things... Is it possible to change the language used for names and such?

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: December 31, 2010, 01:51:06 am »

My fort, Blockadestocks, has fallen on it's 4th year.  After digging down 30 Z-levels I FINALLY found a damn underground river with which to draw water from since it seemed if even one dwarf got a nick on his toe the entire fort would drop drinking despite me keeping a constant stock of over 200 booze.  Soon after this discovery and me finally getting enough flux stone and goblinite to outfit my 30 Military dwarves in iron armor and various iron weapons... I got an ambush, a siege, AND a minotaur all at once.  Luckily the ambush and siege killed the elves who were visiting so my dwarves could carve up the goblins.  Sadly right after that... the minotaur tore every single military dwarf and their dogs to pieces like they were paper and then promptly decided to play "make me abandon the fort" since there was no way I was gonna survive that after he also played soccer with my civilian dwarves heads.

/Sigh, guess I'll just head to an area that won't actually freeze for half the bloody year this time.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:44 am »

At MirroredDagger, the oddly appropriate name for my newest glacier embark (the one with the two huge spire-mountains flanking a volcano cone made of ice, all three just piercing up out of the glacial sheet), the first dwarf to call this inhospitable land home has gone into a strange mood. A child, a youth of only four years named Catten Rovodkezat, suddenly got the glint in his eye. His elders recognized it and hastily erected a temporary craft workshop, which the child immediately claimed. He then rushed to steal the bones of a recently slaughtered donkey, and upon returning them to the workshop, screamed they weren't enough, and impatiently waited for the novice butcher to finish carving up the Mountain Goat that had foolishly wandered off the mountain.

With his goat bones claimed, he started to work, and within a day or two left the workshop to reveal his artifact: Ilushsat ("Carnagestrokes"), a statue of one of the parent civilization's previous queens in donkey bone. The goat bone mysteriously disappeared, but the expedition leader eyed it carefully and declared its worth at a mere 3000 dwarfbucks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:01:37 am by CapnUrist »
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: December 31, 2010, 03:26:43 am »

Simultaneous troglodyte/goblin/troll rush. My doods took pretty good care of the trogs/trolls, but the gobbos just bumrushed into my traps so now I've got about 30 caged goblins of various flavors. I also found plenty of raspberry flavored Cotton Candy, so this should be amusing for awhile. 

I am now building an execution tower.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: December 31, 2010, 01:52:57 pm »

OH MY ARMOK
A MAGMA SEA IN THE SKY
EDIT:Funny thing is, the SMR is absorbing all of the magma.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:57:35 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:15 pm »

nice.
could you give me a link?  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: December 31, 2010, 03:35:51 pm »

Part 39 of my LP is up.

Fuck kobolds. All I'm going to say about it.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: December 31, 2010, 03:46:49 pm »

wow that moat is taking a LOONG time...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nibby

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: December 31, 2010, 04:05:10 pm »

Currently, my residents of my  semi - successful fort of Oblelad is working on getting up and actually doing something.
It appears that I'm almost 1/3 of the way of accomplishing my goal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:09:04 pm by Nibby »
I hate all my dwarfs. Especially Mr. Lazy Mason, too lazy to build a single rock table.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 3836