Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5860830 times)

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #9405 on: January 03, 2011, 04:25:40 pm »

First accident while mining out ridiculosly large deathtrap for breaking sieges. Utterly contrived path, like snake in convulsions, in large, hollowed out area where entire walls have fortifications. Entire way will be paved with weapon traps with wooden spears or something equally harmless. Gobbos will learn to fly. More lucky will die quick and painful death in magma many z-levels down. Unlucky will hit way some point lower with multiple broken bones. All entire time being pincushioned by bone and wodden arrows with chance of something actually deadly. Should work great for training up marksdwarves. In theory.

Three docs are with no non-medical labors and they have for long time No Job. There is miner in pool of blood, Doc McUseless! I hate hospital bugs.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: January 03, 2011, 07:27:33 pm »

I've been pretty pleased with my population of around 90. What's that, migrants? Oh well, there can't be tha- twenty-four holy shit!

In a desperate need to protect FPS and alcohol, I arranged a welcoming party at the most stunning of locations
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From now on I will check the weight limit, I swear!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZachUSAman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: January 03, 2011, 08:40:04 pm »

a voracious cave crawler did in about 15 civilians before my military caught up with him, now assigning a new military group to patrol the tunnels.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: January 03, 2011, 08:50:23 pm »

New "fortress" Lancescratches, where the dwarves are patiently waiting for the river to freeze again so that we can continue creating our river entrance through the aquifer. Last spring was a mad dash to get walls erected before the water thawed and drowned any dwarves caught within; luck was on our side and the walls were completed within days of the thaw. The river-bed ones will be torn down in favor of raised bridges.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Justinian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: January 04, 2011, 05:09:55 am »

HA.. We've decided together as a community that we are tired of taking shit from Elves. We've erected a wall around our trading post with floodgates attached to a lever which are 3 wide for an entrance. Once those slick bastards are inside... WHAMMO! We lock them in. Oh it's so hilarious to watch them come to near dehydration and starvation, only to go beserk and have their own guards kill them. We may or may not have done this to the mountain home caravans as well. Then when everyone is dead (or at least their pack animals) we all move in and take all evidence of any traders ever coming here.

STRIKE THE EARTH!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: January 04, 2011, 05:15:16 am »

HA.. We've decided together as a community that we are tired of taking shit from Elves. We've erected a wall around our trading post with floodgates attached to a lever which are 3 wide for an entrance. Once those slick bastards are inside... WHAMMO! We lock them in. Oh it's so hilarious to watch them come to near dehydration and starvation, only to go beserk and have their own guards kill them. We may or may not have done this to the mountain home caravans as well. Then when everyone is dead (or at least their pack animals) we all move in and take all evidence of any traders ever coming here.

STRIKE THE EARTH!

Not particularly relevant, but elves don't have guards.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: January 04, 2011, 05:53:10 am »

magma or  water.
duh.  ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: January 04, 2011, 06:25:49 am »

The first artifact of Ebalmonom, "Reverepapers", has been created!

Nonub Monom, "The Punch of Paper", a mule bone grate.  This is a mule bone grate.  All craftdwarfship of the finest quality.  Worth... $1200.

If only it wasn't a possession so I could have gotten a legendary bone carver out of it... /sigh  At least the name rocks.

Quick edit:  Elves brought me a Tigerman!  I... have no idea what happened to him.  Right after I purchased him and put him with the other cages full of critters I bought from the elves... he just randomly died.  He was TAME but I put his cage down, went about my business, and then went to go check him out and not only was he not in his cage... his corpse is currently rotting in my refuse pile.  I have NO idea how this happened. :\
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 06:33:48 am by MythagoWoods »
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: January 04, 2011, 06:39:22 am »

tigermen need to eat  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: January 04, 2011, 06:56:08 am »

... well fuck.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: January 04, 2011, 07:28:55 am »

leave them in the cage till they starve to death. There's no reason to keep those guys around to be honest.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: January 04, 2011, 07:37:52 am »

leave them in the cage till they starve to death. There's no reason to keep those guys around to be honest.
But they make wonderful mayors! They never emit mandates or demands and can never go berserk!
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:30 am »

Well I managed to breach my record of 50 population , Now i've got some problems in the Farming system , idiots keep eating my seeds , created a nice wealth yet , no SIEGE (phew) , hit a cavern but covered the entrance , i Got a load of iron and copper ( oh and silver) , still i need to find GOLD NUGGETS or PLATINIUM NUGGETS
Desu

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: January 04, 2011, 08:29:18 am »

A metalcrafter from my latest wave of migrants drowned after being assaulted by a skeletal mountain goat. Had I not taken a shit at the time I could have intervened and then he, a father and husband'd still be alive.  :(

Goddamn skeletons!

EDIT, woah wait. It seems he and the goateleton fought while submerged, the goat is in the same pool lying dead(er.) The puppy Mosus Ralar has been killed by a goat as well now.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:32:00 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: January 04, 2011, 11:54:40 am »

To Do: mod in Forklifts as gobbo mounts so that i can say They tried to kill my dorves with a forklift.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 3836