Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789636 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3060 on: May 23, 2010, 02:02:16 am »

do you mean the unminable clown rock, or the minable clown rock?

The unminable.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 23, 2010, 02:08:29 am »

ah ok. make a skull fortress...

*This is a skull bracelet. It is adorned with a finely designed image of miners in skull by urist mccraftdwarf. the miners are digging for skull. it menaces with spikes of skull*

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 23, 2010, 02:16:46 am »

Even better - my first mood was my mason - I'll see your skull bracelet and raise you one aptly-named Skull Throne.

Bloodpage the Veneration of Eviscerations

This is a skull throne. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with skull and skull. This object menaces with spikes of skull, and elf skull.

On the item is an image of a dragon in red diamond.

(I cheated a little with ethics and made actual skulls [SHELL]s)

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 23, 2010, 02:25:52 am »

ARGH! You should have named them all elf skull!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 23, 2010, 02:28:15 am »

ARGH! You should have named them all elf skull!!

This can be done in moments with ctrl+h.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 23, 2010, 02:31:06 am »

Even better - my first mood was my mason - I'll see your skull bracelet and raise you one aptly-named Skull Throne.

Bloodpage the Veneration of Eviscerations

This is a skull throne. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with skull and skull. This object menaces with spikes of skull, and elf skull.

On the item is an image of a dragon in red diamond.

(I cheated a little with ethics and made actual skulls [SHELL]s)

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 23, 2010, 02:38:53 am »

HAIL ARMOK!!! DEATH TO THE GOBLINS AND SISSY ELVES!!!!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 23, 2010, 02:43:33 am »

Hi!

BEHOLD!!! 

The shittiest artifact ever!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, I like that artifact. It is definitely not the worst to have. I got an bituminous coal earring with no imagery on it. Now, that is completely useless.

Your artifact can be 'b'uilt in the fortress, so you can actually use it. And it being microcline, it even has a nice color.

And to boost, I find the name quite fitting and quite interesting: The Thin Luxury: Does that refer to its comparatively low monetary value, or is it actually a finely made, thin object?

Deathworks (without any news as he is restarting because of the lack of fish)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 23, 2010, 03:51:45 am »

Firemountain:

So I genned a world that produced no surviving dwarven cities by 543 AD (anno dwarfi) and decided to found a settlement of refugees. My starting seven, in the gameworld story, amounted to everyone the miner gathered up during a few months of hopping between human villages. Four male, three female (unusual since they are on a 3:1 ratio in my raws) and the general notion is simply to settle and survive, gathering what remaining dwarves existed in the world until a new civilization had begun. The first year went well, with a defensible little home dug into a small hill and eight more dwarves (including two children) arriving as migrants. However, the second spring had no migrants. Then the summer had no migrants. Then fall, and winter. My dwarves began to fret over if more dwarves even existed in the world, and now, in year four of the fortress, they've realized that rather than rebuild the mountainhomes, they may well be digging their race's tomb as ambush after ambush of goblins attack. There have been close calls already with a goblin snatcher or two. Frankly, I can't tell if its safer to dig for the caverns or just hole up against the goblins.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 23, 2010, 05:25:11 am »

Messing around with magma for the first time.  Still haven't produced a !!dorf!!, but I've discovered the wonders of not having to worry about fuel, i.e. SMELT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.  HEY URIST, BRING ME THAT KITTEN, LET'S SEE IF WE CAN SMELT THAT TOO. 

Sadly, while the volcano has enough silver and gold to give the Dwarven economy a nasty case of inflation, I've only found copper and iron with which to hold off the expected Goblin zerg-rush.  I sent my miners down with instructions not to come back till they found something better.  They headed all the way down to the first cavern, which is an underground sea with tall pillars coming out of it.  On the top of a few of the pillars is a broken vein of cassiterite.  Elsewhere there's a similar set of pillars with bismuthite on top.  So my dwarves are going to be carefully constructing bridges across the tops of these pillars, hopping from one to the next in the dark, and mining out every last piece of cassiterite and bismuthite.  Put them together and I might just get enough bismuth bronze to equip half a squad.  Big change from the "stainless steel for everyone!" maps I've played in the past.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 23, 2010, 05:46:34 am »

after fixing a major problem in a raw that would crash my games something about slapping a [female] race with out a [all castes] to end the caste selection. I started up my first working .03 Bronze colossus fort, removed the building destroyer tag so that I won't have to deal with outpost flipping out and wrecking everything.

so far I'm testing out the idea of "if the leader of the resident town is from below and you dig your self to his old home will his family attack you?" also I'm found out that toady made trading easier.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Hurgal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 23, 2010, 07:55:43 am »

Got a lovely embark with a waterfall about 6-7 z-levels, was getting things moving along and was happy to see the dwarven caravan arrive right on time.  Then I realized they brought no anvil.  What dwarven caravan brings no anvil?  Hurray for no metal weapons, armor, trap components, or other assorted goodies until next autumn.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 23, 2010, 10:36:03 am »

Then I realized we brought no anvil.  What dwarven pioneer brings no anvil?

Fixed.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 23, 2010, 10:45:13 am »

In 2010, an anvil becomes less likely because they have a high weight and low profit.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: May 23, 2010, 11:08:36 am »

Aye, I've yet to see an anvil. Been seizing the elves, actually look forward to them coming since I want war gibbons.

This game has its moments. I just had a forgotten beast get in somehow, killed a half dozen dwarves, dog took it out. Butcher drags it to his room, and gets me about 100 meat, 2 eyes, 10 brains, 20 lungs, 5 hearts, and 30 intestines out of it, plus I think like 100 units of fat. Of course, it has deadly blood, so I want to see if my dwarves eat it and die now.

Edit: Just saw the pile of fat. 116 units. Super cluttered my kitchen by itself.

Edit2: A dwarven child just snagged its 140 bones for an artifact, unfortunately, limonite is its base. And its a crappy bracelet decorated with the 140 bones of a fell demon. Lovely. Where's the atomsmasher?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 12:07:00 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 3835