Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5856253 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #8895 on: December 19, 2010, 10:57:13 am »

oh wow..... I've played for 2 years and never known about that... in other news
Got sieged by 100 goblins, all riding salt water crocodiles..  I really don't know how my 20 man army will deal with this.
Nom nom nom

Fishbulb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:03 am »

When you reserve some number of barrels, that number will not be used by anything except workshop jobs. So the still will use reserved barrels, but if you need a barrel to store lye (because soap can only be made from lye barrels), you're out of luck, because lye gets put into a bucket then moved to a barrel in the stockpile. I think.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: December 19, 2010, 12:08:16 pm »

Late Winter of 505 in Metropolis of Ringquest, pop. 175  fps 15(13)

This winter brought guests from above and below. In the caverns, a gremlin came to watch my soldiers train, but they ran him off, and he escaped back into the caverns. On the surface, a seige of many trolls and goblins came to do battle. But my steel clad lords of destruction were already on patrol, and plowed through them with ease. My best fighter has nineteen kills with his named battle axe.

We also had a ghost haunting the hillside where he died years ago. So we engraved a slab in his honor and put him to rest.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: December 19, 2010, 02:43:42 pm »

My engravers are engraving forgotten beasts all over the walls. No, it doesn't relate to a rampage, it relates to the "Fortress of Affection", a local dwarven government.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #8899 on: December 19, 2010, 02:45:29 pm »

Your dwarves' symbol of government is a Forgotten Beast?  :o

Man, mine are always boring things like clouds or cave floaters...
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: December 19, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »

They're also making engravings of a founder rising as a ghost.
Engraved on a wall is an exceptionally designed image of 'founder' Sprayrims the gloomer by Onol Cattenselor. 'founder' Sprayrims is striking a menacing pose. The artwork relates to the return of the gloomer 'founder' Sprayrims from the dead as a forlorn haunt in Bronzetrots in the late spring of 507.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: December 19, 2010, 03:31:30 pm »

Ouf, the one-footed ex-soldier in my fort just took a stack of 60 Forgotten beast bone and a bunch of other stuff and wasted it on the buggy bone artifacts...  Well, it's a Forgotten Beast Bone Helm, so that's cool, I guess...   :'(
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: December 19, 2010, 04:12:02 pm »

I just started a new fort in a sinister environment. I found a magma pool at z-level -39 and adamantine at -37. This particular vein should run down to level -150. According to dfprospector there's over 20k units of raw adamantine to be mined. I think I might be able to decorate every dwarfs room with adamantine furniture.

Depending on how deep the HFS starts.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:29:17 pm by Sandrew »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: December 19, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

One of my planters just made an artifact steel mace, it's encircled with bands of steel.

How the spoiler does that piece of garbage manage to be worth 82800 Dwarfbucks?

Oh well, atleast it's name is cool, "The Slippery Zealot"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: December 19, 2010, 04:45:48 pm »

My engravers are engraving forgotten beasts all over the walls. No, it doesn't relate to a rampage, it relates to the "Fortress of Affection", a local dwarven government.
It's only because that green one-eyed skinless mandrill with spikes that ululates rhythmically and beware its deadly dust! loves you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: December 19, 2010, 05:18:00 pm »

I'm getting some pretty funny error messages:
Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

That guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: December 19, 2010, 06:02:09 pm »

Human traders came, and many goblins ambushed. There was an epic battle outside my gate, and a human crossbowman lost both her arms and had her spine broken. I'm hoping she passes out on top of one of my cage traps.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: December 19, 2010, 06:02:21 pm »

Mass exodus to the dining room to clean up seeds, I had accidentally turned off food gathering for several months and all the grime that piled up has all 130 of my dwarves slaving away.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: December 19, 2010, 06:21:46 pm »

There's a dead child haunting the statue of the god of several bodies of water and children I'm building. Fairly certain she died by drowning, too. I sort of hope she will stay there once I'm done.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: December 19, 2010, 09:05:48 pm »

I've finally gotten a baron, but none of the associated nobles. I'm now wondering if Champion is still an existing position, and also if I'll get any nobles come spring.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 3836