Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5858030 times)

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17700 on: December 15, 2011, 05:21:18 pm »

After having all of their skin and fat rot away and casts and splints applied to every part of their body, my militia dwarves are back on their feet and ready to fight again!

Looks like I spoke too soon...

This happened a little while after they got released from the hospital. They're both lying in their bedrooms, unable to move, with their shields and weapons at their feet.
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17701 on: December 15, 2011, 05:22:17 pm »

My team of zero-skill peasants is now horribly maiming the Roc with their bare hands, in a surprising turn of events. The expedition leader managed to get an axe.

EDIT: pictures...

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:23:53 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17702 on: December 16, 2011, 12:54:23 am »

For the first time in my dorfing career, after over a year of dorfing...

You have discovered a great magma sea.

Raw adamantine! Praise the miners!

More importantly...

- build magma smelter x5
- build magma forge x3
- build magma kiln x4
- build magma glass furnace x4 ...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:08:29 am by proxn_punkd »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17703 on: December 16, 2011, 01:24:12 am »

After having all of their skin and fat rot away and casts and splints applied to every part of their body, my militia dwarves are back on their feet and ready to fight again!

This happened a little while after they got released from the hospital. They're both lying in their bedrooms, unable to move, with their shields and weapons at their feet.

Completely Numb - At least they aren't in any pain.

On a different topic, in my fort, the only unhappy dwarf is a baby, because it "has gone without a drink for far, far too long".

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17704 on: December 16, 2011, 02:49:54 am »

Completely Numb - At least they aren't in any pain.

On a different topic, in my fort, the only unhappy dwarf is a baby, because it "has gone without a drink for far, far too long".
Holy crap. GET THIS KID A BEER!

Are you sure it's a baby and not a child? Because I'm pretty sure babies don't drink alcohol from a keg*.

*Keg as in a barrel or a pot, not as in mama's fun bags.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:52:12 am by Lagslayer »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17705 on: December 16, 2011, 05:49:44 am »

Urist McGlassmaker has become possessed!

Proxn: O snap, better build a glass furnace and see what he wants.

Raw... green...

Proxn: Okay, that's doable. Build another glass furnace and have someone churn out five chunks of raw green glass.

Urist McGlassmaker has made a green glass terrarium!

Proxn: LOLWUT. *boggles*

I'm gonna go back and see if my baron-to-be has any preferences in vermin. This should fancy up his chambers nicely.
I am interested in description of this glass cage.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17706 on: December 16, 2011, 05:50:12 am »

Making piles and piles of light-blue armour, axes, and spears and watching my created wealth skyrocket. Well over 8mil now, and still have more than 60 bars to turn into new products still.
Finally got updated to a barony.
A forgotten beast decided to swim in from the underground sea, but doesn't seem to be able to get out. nothing to worry about though, no toxic blood or anything jsut a big guy with eye stalks (something like  giant swimming slugman)
Finished digging out 250 bedrooms (I like to have extras, my popcap is at 200 but I've had fortresses go over by as much as an extra hundred before, so I try to over-shoot the bedroom space) each bedroom is 3x3 with a bed, chest or bag, and a cabinet, all walls are in the process ob being engraves (already smoothed). Got my cages set up for a quick purging of captured critters - I have about 20 cages with badgers, pandas, and a couple cavern creatures that I want to empty out, so im gonna have my military dwarves deal with them in a large brawl.
One of my strand extractors withdrew from society and claimed a leatherworks shop, so we'll see what she comes up with.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #17707 on: December 16, 2011, 06:36:18 am »

Dammit, my awkwardness after not playing for several months has cost my miner's life. While liberating some bitumous coal from the fell grip of the evil mountain, a 'tree' fell on his head killing him instantly.
It was some sort of eye-thing I think.

My first migrant wave was half children, don't they know this is mightmare country?
Had forgotten to forbid the carpenters from hauling stuff.  :-X duh.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17708 on: December 16, 2011, 11:48:43 am »

Holy crap. GET THIS KID A BEER!

Are you sure it's a baby and not a child? Because I'm pretty sure babies don't drink alcohol from a keg*.

*Keg as in a barrel or a pot, not as in mama's fun bags.

Mama's "kegs" don't give a baby any booze, either. Usually by the time they grow into children, they "need alcohol to get through the working day, and can't even remember the last time they had some".

I am interested in description of this glass cage.

Azothablel, "Immortalitybusts", a green glass terrarium
Basic Value: 87600 Urists

This is a green glass terrarium. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with plume agate and native gold and encircled with bands of green glass and native gold. This object menaces with spikes of green glass.
On the item is an image of Lolor Roaddoors the dwarf and dwarves in giant earthworm leather. Lolor Roaddoors is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Lolor Roaddoors to the position of king of The Hall of Blizzards in 46. On the item is an image of a mountain in plume agate. On the item is an image of a white brute in llama wool.

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17709 on: December 16, 2011, 12:21:05 pm »

Started a new fortress, abundance of bitumonious coal and iron/copper/gold.
Food situation bad, I hope the crops grow in time. Otherwise, the dining room project is going well.  :D
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17710 on: December 16, 2011, 12:40:02 pm »

Craftsbodice just broke 10mil created wealth, I sent so much out with the dwarves last autumn that they still haven't left, it's been half a season since their "leaving" message and they're all still in my Depot packing up the ~800k worth of trinkets I sent them with (most of it just offered, some traded for metal bars)

Got attacked by the swimming forgotten beast. Not really worth the effort, he was made of ash and died from a couple hits with an axe. Shortly after got a 3rd beastie, this one had a poisonous bite, otherwise nothing exceptional, died before it even scratched one of my dwarves though. A cyclops followed the dwarf caravan into town, this one actually disarmes one of my axedwarves, then ripped his left arm off (yes, OFF) and broke his right leg pretty badly, the doctors are still working on fixing him up, but I doubt he'll be fighting again, since his axe hand is missing.

Almost out of the spoilerite I mined out a while ago, it lasted for about 30 full sets of armour with spears and axes to go with them, some of it is low quality, but I got a few masterpieces scattered about in there (including a gorgeous masterpiece axe that I may claim on an adventurer when this fort finally dies out)

We're a county now, and our countess (use tp be baroness, before that mayor) has turned into a bit of a brat, she keeps asking for rose-gold items.. which we can't make because we no longer have rose gold.

The deforestation is going well, every single above ground tree that was around last year was cut down, currently doing a second pass to clear out the newer trees.

Building a nice entrance with a road, tall walls, etc. just to keep the masons busy. Should have the roads half-way done soon.

Edit: huh so that injured axedwarf is already up and training again, he even ditched the shield so he can use his axe with his other hand. I am pretty impressed, one arm, a leg in a cast with fresh stiches, and he's already willing to jump into the next fight.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:46:11 pm by Jenniretta »

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17711 on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, Whisperbolt is just turning into a fortress of firsts, here, isn't it? My first time reaching the magma sea, my first time uncovering the shiny stuff, and my first time recieving a *spoiler* diplomat!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17712 on: December 16, 2011, 01:04:41 pm »

HEAD FOR THE HILLS!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17713 on: December 16, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »

Oh god! A capybara!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17714 on: December 16, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »

This amazing artifact is the the glory of our fortress packed in a shoe.
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 3836