Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789468 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17850 on: December 27, 2011, 05:44:00 am »

There's a dead reindeer in my dinning room, 2 dead dusk elves and everyone is happy. A normal day in DF.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17851 on: December 27, 2011, 03:09:50 pm »

There's a dead reindeer in my dinning room, 2 dead dusk elves and everyone is happy. A normal day in DF.

I Shall Sig This.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17852 on: December 27, 2011, 04:03:32 pm »

The armies of goblin and snakemen actually started lining up to be shot at the day these bolts were forged...

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17853 on: December 27, 2011, 05:37:52 pm »

A speardwarf named Tobul craftacent is almost mad, he started tamtruing after he was forced to kill his friend who went bersek, after he saw his commander getting killed by elves and after having his testicles and heart permanently damaged by the CoG.
He is a nervous wreck, he cracks easily under pressure and he is in a constant state of internal rage.
He threw a barrel in the baroness, almost killed a hauler and tried to beat the  shit out of the Cog.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17854 on: December 27, 2011, 08:57:45 pm »

Orky_Boss: Tum-Te dum dum... *clicks z key to check on dwarves* WE'RE OUT OF BEER!?! BREW MORE, BREW MORE!!!

UristMCwrestler is throwing a tantrum!

Orky_Boss: He's outside, so I don't have to worry about a spiral... good, the guy's are brewing.

*UristMCRecruit has bled to death*

Shit, where!?! *clicks to location* crap! militia, kill the troglytes!

*A caravan from outpost [insert gibberish here] has arrived*

Okay, send the broker-

*UristMCWrestler has destroyed the Trade Depot*

Rrrrrgh! rebuild it!

*five minutes pass, and the traders are standing there*

what, it still needs architecture? Expedition leader, take a break from smoothing the stone and get over there! *cancels all other jobs*

*a few more minutes*

Oh, come on, you're sleeping!?!

*UristMCWeaponsmith has died of thirst!*

OH COME F*CKING ON!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:59:44 pm by Orky_Boss »
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17855 on: December 28, 2011, 02:27:24 am »

yes, I know the genders aren't right for the kids

It's a good day to DIE

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17856 on: December 28, 2011, 10:10:41 am »

An another day, an another test fort. No farming allowed. No plant gathering allowed. No booze allowed. No importation to prepare for future mandates allowed. !!Intensifying Mod!!. Final destination. Ended up on a 21z map with many dolomite layers though, so I might hang around this fort for a while. At least until I can test the kitchen sink.

It's now first summer. I have just got the first immigration wave, a vast food stockpile consisting of 4 units of horse cheese roast. A swarm of angry buzzards came trying to snatch the cheese. But it look like it'd be us who're going to stay. As it turned out, horses on a small pasture make very effective cheese defenders. Look like I wont ever need to import dogs from those damned human. Their caravans never come anyway.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:12:15 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17857 on: December 28, 2011, 10:23:50 am »

Im in My most Successful Fortress ever. By which I mean, I havent been Decimated and its Self Sufficient. Wooh.

Now to see how long THAT lasts.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17858 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:37 am »

I was constructing more rooms to out beds in, when I came across damp stone. I was puzzled, as there were no lakes around (well they were, but they were frozen because it was freezing). So, I let curiosity take over, and I dug it up.

Suddenly the halls start to fill with water, and I paniced, and tried to send the engraver to smooth the stone. But it was too late.

Now, I have removed all of the dwarves jobs except for the miners having funiture hauling, and I have blocked the only exit out of there.

I am currently waiting patiently for the dwarves to drown.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:45:36 am by Orky_Boss »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17859 on: December 28, 2011, 10:45:15 am »

I was constructing more rooms to out beds in, when I came across damp stone. I was puzzled, as there were no lakes around (well they were, but they were frozen because it was freezing). So, I let curiosity take over, and I dug it up.

Suddenly the halls start to fill with water, and I paniced, and tried to send the engraver to smooth the stone. But it was too late.

Now, I have removed all of the dwarves jobs except for the miners having funiture hauling, and I have blocked the only exit out of there, which means the fort will swell with water until it drowns the dwarves, and I said to myself "Take it like a man, shorty."
Mine Tunnel > Dig Upward > Go to the side and Dig Down > Channel UNDER the Flooding > Upward Ramp > Fort Saved!!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17860 on: December 28, 2011, 10:52:25 am »

Now, I have removed all of the dwarves jobs except for the miners having funiture hauling, and I have blocked the only exit out of there, which means the fort will swell with water until it drowns the dwarves, and I said to myself "Take it like a man, shorty."
Mine Tunnel > Dig Upward > Go to the side and Dig Down > Channel UNDER the Flooding > Upward Ramp > Fort Saved!!

Where's the !!Fun!! in that? I'm actually enjoying this.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17861 on: December 28, 2011, 11:02:04 am »

Well, I figure I might as well try to save it.

*removes doors to let the water disperse, and begins to dig in the manner that chilton suggests*

*The water freezes as soon as it enters an outside square, once again allowing the water to slowly rise*

XD

Also, I forgot to tell you. I think I hit an aquifier. So the water is infinatly being pumped.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:10:32 am by Orky_Boss »

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17862 on: December 28, 2011, 11:17:08 am »

*removes doors to let the water disperse, and begins to dig in the manner that chilton suggests*

*The water freezes as soon as it enters an outside square, once again allowing the water to slowly rise*

XD

Also, I forgot to tell you. I think I hit an aquifier. So the water is infinatly being pumped.
Wheres the !!Fun!!?
Because often, in trying to save Yourself, You can Die more Brilliantly!
Just letting it happen isnt !!Fun!! :P

Like just now! You know that Successful Fort I mentioned above? Goblins smashed the Floodgates I was using to control My Reservoir. I chose to seal the Room, instead of Drowning the Fort, so I could fight the Goblins. And I needed to Fight them, because there was no Water down there besides the Reservoir, which was now Flooding. So, I had to let in about 200 Goblins, and fight fiercely through My Narrow Corridors, bathing them in Blood. I then opened the Door, and Drowned the Goblins, killing both of us.

:)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:20:14 am by Chilton »

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17863 on: December 28, 2011, 11:44:32 am »

XD

Wheres the !!Fun!!?

Like just now! You know that Successful Fort I mentioned above? Goblins smashed the Floodgates I was using to control My Reservoir. I chose to seal the Room, instead of Drowning the Fort, so I could fight the Goblins. And I needed to Fight them, because there was no Water down there besides the Reservoir, which was now Flooding. So, I had to let in about 200 Goblins, and fight fiercely through My Narrow Corridors, bathing them in Blood. I then opened the Door, and Drowned the Goblins, killing both of us.

True, it's not really !!FUN!! to just let it happen, but I'm pretending the dwarves are people I hate. Besides, I tried to do your trick, but unless I could get the engraver over there (Which I can't, the water is washing him away), the water will continue to pour since it's an aquifier.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17864 on: December 28, 2011, 11:53:39 am »

XD

Wheres the !!Fun!!?

True, it's not really !!FUN!! to just let it happen, but I'm pretending the dwarves are people I hate. Besides, I tried to do your trick, but unless I could get the engraver over there (Which I can't, the water is washing him away), the water will continue to pour since it's an aquifier.
I hate My Dwarves as well ,except for the ones who lock folks in a room full of Traction Benches, then tatter them with Arrows, slam them into a Wall, and Butcher them.
Pages: 1 ... 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 ... 3835