Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861275 times)

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19095 on: February 15, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »

^

that sounds so wrong. XD

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: February 15, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »

Seems I have a necromancer visiting my fort. And appearently he took up gardening as a side hobby, cause he's a " Human Necromancer Farmer"

Pikesquad is now at full alert, as 'bold are now starting to crop up and annoy me, and three of my dogs have been killed as a result of his shenanigans. Man I wish the caravan had brought an anvil so I could outfit my mace and hammer squads.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:02 pm »

Hmm, Iden Workblot the trader appeared together with some migrants. Only, he's not moving. He's listed as 'other', has no skills, and his personal info show the same as one'd except from a caravan-trader. But he has no caravan. And it's Summer.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19098 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:26 pm »

la la digging when HOLY S*** ANT-MEN COLONY!absolute carnage... i don't think im ready for clowns

Now you know my pain  :'(

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »

I finally got zombies! Is it possible that you need to be near a tower to get them?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19100 on: February 15, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

I finally got zombies! Is it possible that you need to be near a tower to get them?

Outside evil areas yeah. Because this fucking gardener-mancer human keeps revivng the same 5 dead animals.

edit: He is still being a pain in my ass and keeps delyaing the construction of defenses.

Urist McChickenshit cancels build wall: Interuppted by immobile boar head

Urist McPikedwarf cancels train: Has to go kill that stupid head again.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

Turns out with the new ramps on rivers, waterfalls become a deadly trap for any dwarf. They try to walk over the river on the high end, slip. and die.  :o

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: February 15, 2012, 05:48:57 pm »

A group of undead peregrine falcon people are doing their best to try to kill a giant sponge that's hanging out in the river. They are not succeeding.

This time, I embarked on the border between a savage forest and a haunted savanna, so hopefully it'll be more survivable but still interesting.

E: "Giant sponge is no longer enraged." All 8 of the peregrine falcon zombies are pecking at it, now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:52:12 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: February 15, 2012, 05:49:34 pm »

Oh my gosh this is hilariously fun.

So after a goblin siege shows up, murders half my fort by just walking straight past my militia (seriously, guys?), and the vampire is still at large despite my best efforts, I decide to purge the fortress with magma as a last desperate attempt to stop the reign of terror.

Unfortunately, checking in Legends mode, I fear I've instead unleashed a greater nightmare into the world...

Apparently the real vampire fooled everyone into believing that he was just a regular guy, but he met his match - in a killer turkey.

Channeledtails the Crystalline Cage of Stockades, born (hatched?) in 124 to unknown (presumably turkey) parents, accompanied the first dwarven caravan under the guise of a harmless turkey. However, this feathered terror was responsible for single-wingedly killing 15 dwarves, according to Legends mode, amongst them the vampire who had been terrorizing my fort.

I wonder if by pecking at the vampire, Channeledtails would become a vampire turkey?

On a more serious note... is this perhaps a bug attributing kills to the last object to interact with them, since most of my dwarves bled to death due to being melted by vampire-cleansing magma? Or is there genuinely a legendary killer turkey on the loose?

Someone ought to warn the local population that they shouldn't trust any feathered creatures, as they may be deadly arch-fiends.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: February 15, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »

Outside evil areas yeah. Because this fucking gardener-mancer human keeps revivng the same 5 dead animals.

edit: He is still being a pain in my ass and keeps delyaing the construction of defenses.

I've done eleven evil embarks this is the first one with zombies.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55:22 pm »

Turns out with the new ramps on rivers, waterfalls become a deadly trap for any dwarf. They try to walk over the river on the high end, slip. and die.  :o

Well.. Dwarves aren't known for being good swimmers....

I've done eleven evil embarks this is the first one with zombies.

Huh. from what I heard it's a matter of time before something reanimates in any evil area.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: February 15, 2012, 05:57:51 pm »

la la digging when HOLY S*** ANT-MEN COLONY!absolute carnage... i don't think im ready for clowns

Wait, are the antmen living in the caverns, or do they actually dig their own tunnels?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19107 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:55 pm »

Huh. from what I heard it's a matter of time before something reanimates in any evil area.
Not so, in an evil area that generates zombies all of your creatures will be zombies and when anything dies it rises very rapidly. Many evil areas were zombie-free in .25 as well.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: February 15, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »

Wait, are the antmen living in the caverns, or do they actually dig their own tunnels?

If they do oh shit son.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: February 15, 2012, 06:05:39 pm »

If they do oh shit son.

If they are limited to digging in soil it might be OK.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 3836