Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5786887 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19170 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »

this guy's got 57 elf killz is he a vamp. if elf mean im working with a vamp then i need to smash another 10 something dorfz. WHY TOADY
ok, free up the beds, lock the rooms. Make a seperate dorm. If you feel like it also make it the barracks with a weapon rack or something.

The people training in there WILL see him try to drain a dorf who's asleep.

FINALLY THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER SO FAR
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19171 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:11 pm »

this guy's got 57 elf killz is he a vamp. if elf mean im working with a vamp then i need to smash another 10 something dorfz. WHY TOADY
ok, free up the beds, lock the rooms. Make a seperate dorm. If you feel like it also make it the barracks with a weapon rack or something.

And you're the first person I've genuinly helped. Upon discovery, I recommend imediate sterilization of the vampire infection.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19172 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »

And you're the first person I've genuinly helped. Upon discovery, I recommend imediate sterilization of the vampire infection.

I've decided to say FUCK IT and will just implode my fort. im gonna dig out an entire Z level ARMOK WILL BE PROUD!!!

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19173 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »

A little excessive, but ok.... But now you have aplan if dorfs start dying next time.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19174 on: February 15, 2012, 10:29:47 pm »

A little excessive, but ok.... But now you have aplan if dorfs start dying next time.

yep. well so much for a pixel art red mage but seeing as all my gem dorfs are dead. oh well i tell ya how this works out
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:31:52 pm by jaxler »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19175 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:17 pm »

I've embarked on a 75% savage evil mountain + 25% normal neutral woodland. I've hidden in the caverns for now, separated from the rest of the world. I got the normal, boring rain yet there are clouds of "unholy gloom" crossing the land. I have sent out one of my two pack animals, a yak cow (both of them are cows... Bah!) to see what the cloud does. If it dies, that also doubles as the test to see if dead things raise as zombies since the ravens are crafty buggers and managed to avoid the mysterious cloud.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19176 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:11 pm »

I've embarked on a normal savage woodland. It's a roadside fort, with the mouth of a river nestled near it. Excavation of the first rooms has been completed. The stonecrafters will be living a few levels down, where all the stone is.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19177 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:47 pm »

yep. well so much for a pixel art red mage but seeing as all my gem dorfs are dead. oh well i tell ya how this works out

Actually I take it back. If a few dorfs live then it will be a successful quarentine measure.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19178 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:38 pm »

Two migrant waves and a caravan were wiped out by the deadly puddles, the deadly clouds, or deadly zombies. I've sealed off the entrance, this is not a fortress, it's seven dwarves struggling to survive.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19179 on: February 15, 2012, 10:37:54 pm »

Actually I take it back. If a few dorfs live then it will be a successful quarentine measure.

ya

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19180 on: February 15, 2012, 10:40:13 pm »

Giant mosquitos are talented wrestlers, apparently.

Code: [Select]
The Giant Mosquito throws The Marksdwarf by the left hand with The Giant Mosquito's right wing!
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the +copper helm+.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the -pine crossbow-.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the copper right gauntlet.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the *copper left gauntlet*.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the *copper high boot*.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the bronze high boot.
The Marksdwarf slams into an obstacle and blows apart!

A child keeps walking out to the dead, taking some of their clothing and "storing an owned item."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:42:05 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19181 on: February 15, 2012, 10:41:34 pm »

Giant mosquitos are talented wrestlers, apparently.

Code: [Select]
The Giant Mosquito throws The Marksdwarf by the left hand with The Giant Mosquito's right wing!
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the +copper helm+.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the -pine crossbow-.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the copper right gauntlet.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the *copper left gauntlet*.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the *copper high boot*.
The Marksdwarf loses hold of the bronze high boot.
The Marksdwarf slams into an obstacle and blows apart!

This is why I got worried when garden-mancer had access to dead ones.

bobcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19182 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

So ends my first DFVD fort.  A siege of goblins riding god damn cave crocodiles.  I was using a river as part of my perimeter wall.  I had a steel clad military of over a dozen dwarves, but once a few croc riding goblins made it inside, it was all over but the screaming.

Oddly, my first cavern level was over 100 z levels down.  I had dug down to 130 and still hadn't hit magma.

Also I noticed a lot of migrants with competent weapon skills, which is nice.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19183 on: February 15, 2012, 10:57:26 pm »

So ends my first DFVD fort.  A siege of goblins riding god damn cave crocodiles.  I was using a river as part of my perimeter wall.  I had a steel clad military of over a dozen dwarves, but once a few croc riding goblins made it inside, it was all over but the screaming.

Oddly, my first cavern level was over 100 z levels down.  I had dug down to 130 and still hadn't hit magma.

Also I noticed a lot of migrants with competent weapon skills, which is nice.

Cave crocs are bitch. I had one that took 120~ bolts, goblins ran up and start beating the thing as it's unconscious from pain. It comes too and proceeds to kill3, severly injur one, and scare away the remain two.

And the weapon skills thing really is nice. I have a 32 dorf army now thanks to it. Now if I had thought to bring an anvil, I'd be set since I'm swiming in iron ore.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19184 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »

I had a nice fort going that got up to about 210 dwarves...

Then a zombie got in.  Just one, and I didn't see it right away.

It killed a dwarf.   This dwarf then came back.  Then they managed to kill about 12 more dwarves.   By this time I realized I had a problem but my military was busy dealing with the ~150 giant mosquitoes on the surface.

It got worse.

These dwarves then got into one of the bedroom hallways and shortly after there were 30 or so of them.

And then they charged into the dining hall, with 138 idle dwarves and 160 more cats as well as 50 war dogs.  The dwarves couldn't do the normal hauling jobs due to the aforementioned giant mosquitoes.

It was carnage.

Glorious, glorious carnage.  There are no words in the english language to describe it.  Dwarves and zombies dieing and near- instantly reanimating, animals and parts zombifiying as well.

Every tile in the room was listed as "pool of blood".  There were about 400 more units on the map afterwards from reanimated parts.   My military got slaughtered when they tried to clean it up.

Even if the fort had been salvagable (it wasn't) my framerate was not.

Your fortress has crumbled to its end.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 3835