Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5855025 times)

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19335 on: February 17, 2012, 10:00:43 pm »

I learned that ruling corpses drained of blood as 'suicide' doesn't go over well.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19336 on: February 17, 2012, 10:02:04 pm »

Pics cuz it happened.
Spoiler: Chamber of Eternity (click to show/hide)
This is the layout, sorry about the miasma I forgot to move the body before I made the well. At the left end in the center of the path there's a well you can't see, underneath it there's a repeating spike on which is impaled the body of a known vampire. The well was filled post-stabbing so it's got all that bloody goodness.
Spoiler: Bucket of Eternity (click to show/hide)
This is what you want to see, if you don't see this when you examine the bucket you didn't get good water and you'll either have to rebuild the well or wait for it to be exhausted and refilled.
Spoiler: End Result (click to show/hide)
After drinking the blood the dwarf will immediately be recognizable as a vampire, they don't seem to be treated any differently for it.

I was going to make another thread about it but the idea of using a tainted well is already all over the place.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:07:09 pm by Broseph Stalin »

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19337 on: February 17, 2012, 10:07:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blasted Kea's! What's a kea you ask? I'm glad you asked. It's this little "smart" green parrot that flys around my fort. And even though they're vermine as far as I can tell, they steal things. No, not just nuts and such... but steel bars. My happy embark is now without the three steel bars it started with, because these green parrots saw them and in quick succession stole every single one. By armok, I'm going to slaughter them at some point.

Also neat, the default starting ponit was apparently on a road. I have a huge rock block road 7 tiles wide going from east to west. How fun.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19338 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:13 pm »

I embarked on a 'major river' expecting a 14-20 tile river, im greeted by this monstrosity.

wow.... for reference the brown square is the wagon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19339 on: February 17, 2012, 10:38:45 pm »

Armok ran a ton of elves through a juicer in my mixed biome test fort. There was much rejoicing.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19340 on: February 17, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »

My fortress guard is now 100% vampire. I've built them their own sub-fortress with their quarters, a cattle dormitory, and some stockpiles. I think I'll make them stone-cutters, cutting stones into cabochon. It's dull tedious work but I won't have to worry about resupplying them constantly. In other news a werelizard ran onto the map, chased an ostrich, turned into a human, and walked away like nothing remotely ridiculous had just happened.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19341 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:32 pm »

My fortress guard is now 100% vampire. I've built them their own sub-fortress with their quarters, a cattle dormitory, and some stockpiles. I think I'll make them stone-cutters, cutting stones into cabochon. It's dull tedious work but I won't have to worry about resupplying them constantly. In other news a werelizard ran onto the map, chased an ostrich, turned into a human, and walked away like nothing remotely ridiculous had just happened.

i would like to envision the were creature moments as them going... "god damnit! again??" and leaving.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19342 on: February 17, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

Pics cuz it happened.
Spoiler: Chamber of Eternity (click to show/hide)
This is the layout, sorry about the miasma I forgot to move the body before I made the well. At the left end in the center of the path there's a well you can't see, underneath it there's a repeating spike on which is impaled the body of a known vampire. The well was filled post-stabbing so it's got all that bloody goodness.
Spoiler: Bucket of Eternity (click to show/hide)
This is what you want to see, if you don't see this when you examine the bucket you didn't get good water and you'll either have to rebuild the well or wait for it to be exhausted and refilled.
Spoiler: End Result (click to show/hide)
After drinking the blood the dwarf will immediately be recognizable as a vampire, they don't seem to be treated any differently for it.

I was going to make another thread about it but the idea of using a tainted well is already all over the place.

You evil overseer :D

THINK OF THE ADVENTURE MODE APPLICATIONS

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19343 on: February 17, 2012, 11:08:59 pm »

So as I mentioned, after what may be the most overkill deletion of a fort EVER (everything short of physically destroying the laptop with a hammer, and an accidental car-crash did that job just fine :P), I have now embarked onto a new fortress in a new world saved on a new laptop.

I SEE IRON AND COAL AND FREAKING PLATINUM AND THE END OF A RIVER THAT BRINGS TO MIND THE STYLE OF THE BOTTOMLESS PITS OF .40D AND AND AND

I AM IN DWARVEN PARADISE; HERE MY PAGE OBSESSED DWARVES SHALL PROSPER (seriously, the fort is called Enterpaged, the civilization is the Gleeful Pages, and the group is known as the Page of Griffons)

(not much wood, but wood is for sissy elves and I have about 50 barrels to spare anyways)
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19344 on: February 17, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »

I embarked on a 'major river' expecting a 14-20 tile river, im greeted by this monstrosity.

wow.... for reference the brown square is the wagon.
I dare you to build a bridge...  out of metal bars
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19345 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

Test fort is swiming in iron, is nicely divided between zombieland mountains and a warm swamp FILLED with wood. I may continue this along with my planned succession game....

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19346 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »

I've created a death factory. The well of unlife allows me to mass produce vampires, the chamber of reanimation can be used to create zombies, and as soon as I get ahold of a were-beast I'll be cranking those bad boys out too. I like to imagine the horrible undead abominations killing my mans trying to drive the ultimate evil out of their home.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19347 on: February 17, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »

I've created a death factory. The well of unlife allows me to mass produce vampires, the chamber of reanimation can be used to create zombies, and as soon as I get ahold of a were-beast I'll be cranking those bad boys out too. I like to imagine the horrible undead abominations killing my mans trying to drive the ultimate evil out of their home.

So wait.... You made a fortress into an undead stronghold!? BADASS.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19348 on: February 17, 2012, 11:35:01 pm »

So wait.... You made a fortress into an undead stronghold!? BADASS.
I wait with bated breath for the first goblins dumb enough to siege us. So far I've only had a kobold thief. Poor little guy must have been REAL desperate to try to steal from Realmclasps, I imagine he had a family to feed and his child asks every night where Daddy-Feelbus is. He gutted a cat and stabbed a soldier in the arm before being beaten to death with a hammer. Then we hauled his body to the chamber of reanimation and hacked off his limbs and beat him back into the ground. This went on several times until it bored us and his body was thrown in pieces onto a heap. If I ever need a training dummy I'll drag his body back to the chamber.

Feelbus is with us now little boy, embrace the darkness. We are the Minotaur, we are all the Minotaur, it will never be your birthday again!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19349 on: February 17, 2012, 11:37:50 pm »

And thus, we have one deranged motherfucker with us. I hereby say it: +100 DF points for such an awesome plan.
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 3836