Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1334 1335 [1336] 1337 1338 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787584 times)

makpantek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20025 on: February 27, 2012, 09:00:52 am »

Weregecko dwarf roam free in my fortress and i let him be. While laughing my ass off at weregecko(wish they have visual presentation for this) that turn back to dwarf and back to werebeast, first goblins siege arrived at my gates. Killed 20 or so dwarves .... and some pets. Now facing with starvation , insane dwarves, low alcohol supply coz i randomly choose farmers to be my used to be ex-recruits. At least i have an excuse, i am new to this. I think it's time for me to gen a new world.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20026 on: February 27, 2012, 09:06:56 am »

While laughing my ass off at weregecko(wish they have visual presentation for this)
It probably looks like the geico gecko.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20027 on: February 27, 2012, 09:09:15 am »

Weregecko dwarf roam free in my fortress and i let him be. While laughing my ass off at weregecko(wish they have visual presentation for this) that turn back to dwarf and back to werebeast, first goblins siege arrived at my gates. Killed 20 or so dwarves .... and some pets. Now facing with starvation , insane dwarves, low alcohol supply coz i randomly choose farmers to be my used to be ex-recruits. At least i have an excuse, i am new to this. I think it's time for me to gen a new world.

Click reclaim. DOO EETT.

Hmm... if I pump vast amounts of magma on the surface of a thick glacier, will the results be as hilarious as I think they will?

Yup.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20028 on: February 27, 2012, 09:20:26 am »

(Playing 31.25)
My terrifying biome tower continues, another siege, handled easily by Candy axelords and some traps to think the ranks. Renovations going on the improve marksdwarves input in battle. Tried to make a Giant Cave Spider farm but it escaped and ended up in the refuse pile :( .
My best warrior now has a 2x2 Candy Royal Mausoleum carved out of a cotton-candy spire. With a Candy Door and a Candy Chest. I think a dwarf who has killed 3 FBs and many other enemies deserves no less!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20029 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:51 am »

I've just put a load of dogs in a room to multiply, since I want a meat supply and the horses seem to be decidedly barren after almost three years now, wheras there are quite a few puppies.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20030 on: February 27, 2012, 10:28:35 am »

Hmm... if I pump vast amounts of magma on the surface of a thick glacier, will the results be as hilarious as I think they will?

massive fps death
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20031 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:26 am »

I've just put a load of dogs in a room to multiply, since I want a meat supply and the horses seem to be decidedly barren after almost three years now, wheras there are quite a few puppies.
You don't need rooms. Animals reproduce by using spores.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20032 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:20 am »

Stupid goblins. I had an ambush appear. Now there are two things wrong with this. One, the ambush was detected INSIDE my fortress. Two, it was the militia who detected them. I guess its a good thing my meeting halls are always below the barracks. The ambush was slaughtered by the way.

Ninja'd
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20033 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:41 am »

I have a boom of Cavy population, recently finished the moat (which is currently empty), and also recently pissed off some elves by accidentally trading something wood, then subsequently seizing all of their goods. Also, not thinking ahead, accidentally had a cave in on the top floor of my storage area (right onto my metal ores), and the occasional Goblin Snatcher.

My militia captain won't put that damn wooden sword down now, even when I have multiple iron short swords to choose from.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20034 on: February 27, 2012, 10:37:23 am »

guard animal at entrance. Sure it will be slaughtered. Who cares about that rabbit
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20035 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

I have a boom of Cavy population, recently finished the moat (which is currently empty), and also recently pissed off some elves by accidentally trading something wood, then subsequently seizing all of their goods. Also, not thinking ahead, accidentally had a cave in on the top floor of my storage area (right onto my metal ores), and the occasional Goblin Snatcher.

My militia captain won't put that damn wooden sword down now, even when I have multiple iron short swords to choose from.

Try Explicitly equipping a specific weapon instead of a generic "individual choice melee" or "sword"

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20036 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:53 am »

You can also assign him a blank uniform or somesuch, then once he puts down the sword just forbid it. Or atomsmash it. I do that when my entire squad has their favorite training/copper sword.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20037 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:27 am »

guard animal at entrance. Sure it will be slaughtered. Who cares about that rabbit

I have a more letal route. If I make a second barracks on the walls, assign it to the marks dwarves, and make a burrow (to avoid coplaints about long patrols), I can have the marksdwarves spot invaders, and shoot them. If it works.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20038 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:39 am »

I made a new fort in the hopes of making something fun to explore as an adventurer, this includes decentralized living, living tiers, cavern access (for mobs) and such things.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20039 on: February 27, 2012, 11:09:18 am »

[The dead walk!]

They sure do. There are 146 undead on the map now.

E: Ah yes, there's a necromancer among them. That means I'm under attack by undead, elves, humans, goblins, and kobolds at this site. And I thought it was just the undead wildlife I had to worry about. Come back zombie weasels, all is forgiven.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:18:24 am by Newbunkle »
Pages: 1 ... 1334 1335 [1336] 1337 1338 ... 3835