Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787632 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20040 on: February 27, 2012, 11:25:54 am »

[The dead walk!]

They sure do. There are 146 undead on the map now.

E: Ah yes, there's a necromancer among them. That means I'm under attack by undead, elves, humans, goblins, and kobolds at this site. And I thought it was just the undead wildlife I had to worry about. Come back zombie weasels, all is forgiven.

"RELEASE THE MAGMA!"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:15 am »

[The dead walk!]

They sure do. There are 146 undead on the map now.

E: Ah yes, there's a necromancer among them. That means I'm under attack by undead, elves, humans, goblins, and kobolds at this site. And I thought it was just the undead wildlife I had to worry about. Come back zombie weasels, all is forgiven.

"RELEASE THE MAGMA!"

Yes, it's beginning to look like the only option.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:20 am »

Magma doesn't kill zombies, it just makes them angry and on fire.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20043 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:50 am »

true, but then your marksdwarfs can kill them and the corpses will burn away before they can reanimate
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20044 on: February 27, 2012, 11:50:00 am »

Really? That sounds hilarious.

The zombies are fighting each other now because they're too crowded.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20045 on: February 27, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

I've just put a load of dogs in a room to multiply, since I want a meat supply and the horses seem to be decidedly barren after almost three years now, wheras there are quite a few puppies.
You don't need rooms. Animals reproduce by using spores.
keeps them out from under my feet and makes it a bit easier to harvest them though, I suppose this was my rationale behind that decision.

I've just noticed that DF 2012 sure seems to give me a lot of immigrants D: I'm having a bit of trouble keeping them busy although I've finally got the military system sussed after almost 2 years, haha.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: February 27, 2012, 12:14:13 pm »

I think I may sig this.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #20047 on: February 27, 2012, 12:55:36 pm »

Hmm... if I pump vast amounts of magma on the surface of a thick glacier, will the results be as hilarious as I think they will?

massive fps death

Just think of it as the game showing you the beauty in slow-motion...

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20048 on: February 27, 2012, 01:32:32 pm »

My dwarves are hungry ... it's early autumn, I hope I can make until the caravan arrives ... stupid grower. Planted all the plump helmet seeds but never collected them. Now I don't have any food source available with a husk lurking around my fortress entrance.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20049 on: February 27, 2012, 02:09:23 pm »

My best markswarf became posessed and demanded yarn cloth. The problem was I'd already thrown my animals down the pit of death. Except... yes! An undead sheep which was walled up in the main hall.

Surely nothing could go wrong by letting it out. I'll just station my military nearby and...

Oh, bugger.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20050 on: February 27, 2012, 02:20:57 pm »

And it makes them more awesome.
The only thing better then vampomancer dwarven zombies in martial trance are !!vampomancer dwarven zombies in martial trance!!.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20051 on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »

In my new fort, with my first migrant wave, I got people from a previous fort. Sweet! One of them is a legendary hammerdwarf. another has a nickname and the farming skills I like to designate. Historical migrants make me happy.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20052 on: February 27, 2012, 02:43:31 pm »

I just finished Sungear's first megaproject. Finding a way to get new migrants, and have them make INTO the fort instead of being instantly husked. It involved using magma to obsionize about a quarter of the surface of my 5x6 map. Then redirecting it so it that it would flow on either side while I hurriedly sealed it off on the sides and such. Channeled probably 10k worth of goddamned iced and obsidian. I had 14 dwarves level up their mining to legendary before doing it. 22 Adult dwarves in the fort. Masterwork silver picks all around (yes I'm a cheating raw manipulating bastard)! Except for Nero, my original miner/mechanic. He has a masterwork candy pick. Useless as a weapon. But damn does he love it.

Got my first wave of migrants about 5 minutes ago. Bunch of farmers, and a Master animal trainer. And an alpaca. Which is actually fantastic. Protects me from WOOOL CLOOOOTH moodies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 02:59:38 pm by Schizotek »
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20053 on: February 27, 2012, 02:54:38 pm »

[Signature]

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:05 pm »

My fortress died from slow attrition.
As its layout was nice, i decided to reclaim it, but i forgot how much dwarven corpses there was.

Lots of ghosts to put to rest, so i started building even more coffin , but i noticed that this time the ghost were rather aggressive, lost a few dwarves to them , strange to see a dwarf walking with his lower body torn open, spilling his guts all over the floor due to a ghost "battering" him.

I hope i can get enough coffin done before the ghosts murder the whole fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 3835