Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787694 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21360 on: March 29, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »

Miners seem to inexplicably sometimes... umm, drop their clothes on the ground as they go to return the pick.

I guess that's why it's called...
*don shades*
...strip mining.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: March 29, 2012, 03:46:19 pm »

Im getting beached orcas so im 1 month in and already have 2000 meat :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: March 29, 2012, 05:02:24 pm »

Miners seem to inexplicably sometimes... umm, drop their clothes on the ground as they go to return the pick.

I guess that's why it's called...
*don shades*
...strip mining.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!
Not only miners, a carpenter/woodworker-y fellow of mine did the same. I thought that it was because I'd forbade everything in the cavern at first, but when I unforbade everything he still just went for new clothes and the older ones were no longer considered his.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21363 on: March 29, 2012, 05:05:47 pm »

My pimpmaster now has a fancy platinum hammer decorated in with dogbone. and gold armor with mule bone decor.

I care not its effectiveness, it is the most awesomely impractical soldier I've ever equipped.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: March 29, 2012, 05:07:10 pm »

The armor's not great, but that's a hammer of mass destruction.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: March 29, 2012, 05:10:43 pm »

The armor's not great, but that's a hammer of mass destruction.

Exactly. I wanted one soldier to run on pure Rule of Cool: Would you want to be a goblin lasher facing down an enraged trancing alcoholic midget in shining golden armor with a hammer made of one of the most vaulable and dense metals available? HOnestly if I had goblin and elf bones I would have decorated his armor with that instead. And maybe stud his golden Scutum (Roman legionarie's square shield) with silver.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:25 pm »

Ahahaha, epic.  Dwarven traders just came onto my screen, which is a few blocks away from the edge of a volcano.

Within 2 seconds, one of their yaks goes berserk for no apparent reason, and gores one of the caravan guards, who then attempts to limp away desperately, leaving a trail of blood.  Unfortunately, he limps toward the volcano, and the yak then runs over and attacks again, causing him to fall to a fiery death.

Absolutely no provocation.  This game rocks.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: March 29, 2012, 05:39:56 pm »

nrgh. Just got butt-raeped by a combo of unconscious-inducing rain and a flock of undead ravens.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:45 pm »

I have a child in my craftsdwarf's workshop demanding a vast list of items that I already have but not going to collect any of them.

Is there a bug where traded items can't be used for moods?

Do you mean items you just bought from the traders/are trading? It seems that any item you designate for trading is essentially temporarily forbidden to the rest of the fort. I noticed this when Urist McOneleg demanded crutches. I knew I had 20 or so crutches, but didn't know that I had forgotten to disable crutches from the finished goods stockpile closest to the depot. So I was accidentally trading all of my crutches during that time. I'd assume this applies to moods as well. It could also be that a hauler grabbed the item your mood dwarf wanted so he'd have to wait until the item makes it to the stockpile before he grabs it (although that would only be temporary and likely isn't the case.)

If the item in question was something you marked for trading, try un-marking it if the traders are still sitting in the depot. That should allow the mood dwarf to take the item. If for some reason your mood dwarf still doesn't move, then you still might not have the item he requires even counting the trading and already bought goods. Dfhack has an option to show exactly what items a mood dwarf requires, could be useful to solve this situation if what I suggested doesn't work. I learned not to mix crafts with quivers, crutches and other useful items in the same finished goods stockpile (especially during trading). My thoughts on it, anyway.

No, I meant in the same way that you can't tame animals with food you got from a caravan.

Also, I can't use DFHack because I'm on a mac... :(
[Signature]

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: March 29, 2012, 05:57:53 pm »

A dwarf, riding with goblin ambushers had a metric f-ton of human and dwarf nail and hair jewelry, took up about 15 pages or more. The elite enemy marksdwarf was standing on my drawbridge when i raised it ...
- Sentient-Product Jewelry Explosion!  -
Hi-lighted most of it buts there's more about. Some of it ended up on the ramparts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[edit] : counted more pages
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:03:25 pm by hjd_uk »

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: March 29, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

Had to abandon a perfect fort because of relationships.
One dwarf dies and BOOM tantrum spiral.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: March 29, 2012, 06:33:59 pm »

Keep'em working so they don't have time to make friends.

Problem solved. or draft them all if they aren't useful, add more planters, etc...

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:42 pm »

Had to abandon a perfect fort because of relationships.
One dwarf dies and BOOM tantrum spiral.
Private bedrooms + no meeting place = no friends.  Done and done.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »

I can just feel my fort collapsing in on itself.

ALso there's been a ton of this:

Stukos Inodked, Milker cancels Give Food: No food available.
Urvad Edos逆eb, Ranger cancels Give Food: No food available.
Urvad Edos逆eb, Ranger cancels Give Food: No food available.
Thob Duralaban, Mason cancels Give Food: No food available.
Stukos Inodked, Milker cancels Give Food: No food available.
Ast Tadmedtob, Siege Engineer cancels Give Food: No food available.
Sigun At。remgash, expedition leader cancels Give Food: No food available.
x2
x3
Tobul Kol耀t, Fisherdwarf cancels Give Food: No food available.
x2
x3
x4
Tosid Sazirakmam, Farmer cancels Give Food: No food available.
Nomal Mafoltishis, Ranger cancels Give Food: No food available.
Bomrek 較ithsedil, Farmer cancels Give Food: No food available.
Ducim At罵bomrek, Shearer cancels Give Food: No food available.

Strange, none of my Dwarves are hurt...I think.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: March 29, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »

You sir, need food. Them damn migrants dun eated it all. Prolly drank all the booze too.
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 3835