Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 3551

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 2891098 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Stabs glutes respectfully
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #28635 on: April 03, 2013, 02:01:01 am »

My fortress was just besieged by a forgotten beast; a humanoid composed of water that spits webs. Normally liquid- or gas-based FBs are ridiculously weak, but those webs, man...

It stormed in before the militia could get downstairs and started going after civilians. The moment the militia started trickling in, they started getting their faces caved in after being webbed. It was an absolute route, but I managed to wall it downstairs and save most of the population. It promptly murdered everyone down there with it and tore up my magma forges and smelters, and took a break. Through all that fighting, the only injury it received was the loss of one of it's arms, which didn't slow it down a bit.

And then what? It went after the lower animal pastures where I keep alpacas and stuff to munch the grass and give access to sand, and it got kicked to death by one of the alpacas. Put my entire militia to shame with three blows.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28636 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:13 am »

Haven't played in a long time.  Trying out the new Forlorn Realms release.

Found a great embark spot.  There's a line of neutral territory between two evil zones.  On this line is a volcano, and a stream off to the side.  Tons of mineral wealth.

Six zombie thrips people attacked within the first week.  They killed the expedition leader and paralyzed one other.  Tantrum spiral followed over the next month.  One went mad and wandered off.  Another went berserk and murdered the other 2.  The last dwarf murdered arose as a rotting corpse and took revenge.  Quite dramatically I should add.  Grabbed her left arm and shattered it.  Punched the right arm and shattered it.  Then threw her down the mountainside by her left arm, crippling her.  Walked down and finished her off with one punch through the skull.  If only he'd fought like that while still alive.

Now there's just the gibbering one, rolling naked through fields of worm grass as he starves to death.  Waiting to see if the first wave of migrants shows up in time.  If they do, the fortress should survive.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:20:57 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28637 on: April 03, 2013, 07:46:30 am »

how did the evil thrips get into your fort though? didnt you follow the normal evil-embark protocol of walling off completely asap after digging in after embark?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28638 on: April 03, 2013, 09:08:07 am »

... And then what? It went after the lower animal pastures where I keep alpacas and stuff to munch the grass and give access to sand, and it got kicked to death by one of the alpacas. Put my entire militia to shame with three blows.

Sounds like...
Spoiler: attack of ... (click to show/hide)
My DFHack lua scripts, which you can use to change stats, skills, age, personality and preferences of one, some or all of your dwarves!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28639 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:07 am »

how did the evil thrips get into your fort though? didnt you follow the normal evil-embark protocol of walling off completely asap after digging in after embark?

I'm slow :P

I don't really understand how people accomplish stuff so quickly.  It seems like an entire day passes in just the time it takes my dwarf to pick up his equipment and walk to the digging designation.  No way I'm going to be dug in and walled off in under a week.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28640 on: April 03, 2013, 10:16:13 am »

A gremlin werepanda spawned right near the ogre siege camp and mauled an ogre before turning back into a gremlin and running away.

Then one of the ogres turned into a werepanda too and got killed by his fellows. :P

Modding is fun.

Edit: Another werepanda ogre dead. :D

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:24:22 am by Wastedlabor »
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28641 on: April 03, 2013, 11:26:45 am »

I'm slow :P

I don't really understand how people accomplish stuff so quickly.  It seems like an entire day passes in just the time it takes my dwarf to pick up his equipment and walk to the digging designation.  No way I'm going to be dug in and walled off in under a week.
Before you hit unpause you should have a temoprary fortress designated. I generally have ten seconds before it starts to rain which can kill a fort before it starts.

wanzerm23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • 6 plus - I play too many video games
« Reply #28642 on: April 03, 2013, 11:59:28 am »

Nice!  I'll have to try that out after work.

I'm trying to get some Marksdwarves right now to try and take the fight to her, but my guess it will end with a bunch of dead dwarves.  I'll have to check out legends mode after that.

So I got three marksdwarves, and they've got some practice killing kobold snatchers.  Hopefully they will be able to take out this creature.  Unfortunately I've got a ghost floating around my fort now.  It doesn't seem to do much, but I think it just possessed my weaver with all the goblin kills.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28643 on: April 03, 2013, 12:16:51 pm »

New ogre siege. After clearing the undead siege, an "Ogre Slave Maceman" gave birth to a baby ogre.

Apparently sieges are no place for babies, and the mother and the rest of her squad decided to get rid of the newborn. :'(

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead. :o
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:24:30 pm by Wastedlabor »

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28644 on: April 03, 2013, 01:27:10 pm »

Archwarmth
12th Hematite, 204

Just halved the population by sending out my hunters, woodcutters, and miners against a small siege. Now everyone's pissy and GOD is it entertaining.

LOSING IS ‼FUN‼

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28645 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead. :o

Mind if I sig that?
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28646 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »

A naked mold dog got its chance to see the overworld at the cost of the use of one paw and another. It will likely be captured or die, but it hasn't been a nuisance to any Dwarves too much. Stukos Anvilshake, a child has gone into a secretive mood. This will be the third child to achieve legendary skill status in my Fort if it is successful. Zotir the Titan now resides in the Moose pit as a zombie.

And yet somehow amid the tanzanite buddha, the raining logs and the mysterious moods, the only thing that has me puzzled is why my Doctor/animal trainer Tekkud is taming eagles by feeding them eagle guts.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28647 on: April 03, 2013, 04:38:25 pm »

A naked mold dog got its chance to see the overworld at the cost of the use of one paw and another. It will likely be captured or die, but it hasn't been a nuisance to any Dwarves too much. Stukos Anvilshake, a child has gone into a secretive mood. This will be the third child to achieve legendary skill status in my Fort if it is successful. Zotir the Titan now resides in the Moose pit as a zombie.

And yet somehow amid the tanzanite buddha, the raining logs and the mysterious moods, the only thing that has me puzzled is why my Doctor/animal trainer Tekkud is taming eagles by feeding them eagle guts.

Behold the price of disobedience.

Vetted a new militia captain, she strangled two wolves. Then as soon as she got into her armor a goddamned centaur ripped off one of her gauntlets and bashed her skull in with it. Nearby militia commander hacked it's head off with his artifact Zweihander but she's got three surgeries before she's back on her feet.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28648 on: April 03, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »

Mind if I sig that?

Of course not. :)

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28649 on: April 03, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »

not really my fort per se, but i've been thinking of a new run that involves some mods: "Pinky Up run".

All your dwarves are high class snobs. upon embark, you have 7 legendary dwarves. one mason, one carpenter, one weapon and armor smith, one brew and cook, one glassmaker, one jeweler and one cheese maker. sieges can happen in the first year. everything your dwarves own must be masterwork or higher. anything below must be dumped. Embark point depends on the player. this does require modding (which i suck at) so any tech savvy ppl, feel free to try it.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 3551