Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787849 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #29280 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »

are you sure they were drinking when you first built it?  it would make more sense that it was never drinkable, but you just didn't notice until they'd finished off all the booze first.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29281 on: May 20, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »

Orcish Fleet at Uzguurala: 2nd Galena, 69. First Year:

First Attack on the fleet, by Giant Grasshoppers. One peasant fell off a gangplank and drowned, but the standing army defended us well. The Deathship gained it's first passenger. As per Orcish tradition, the first death ship will be burned when the middle deck is full and the top deck has a hero entombed within it. First wave of Migrants have arrived and we have a squad of 5 Warrior Orcs. The Goblins have expressed interest in the project and a few will arrive with the next migrant wave. The Horde continues to grow.

((Seriously, anybody know the command in DFHack to convert an existing unit to your fort? It may be another program that came with LNP, but I know it's there, I've used it before)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29282 on: May 20, 2013, 03:53:21 pm »

Why do people enjoy playing as orcs instead of slaughtering them?  aren't they buffed up?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29283 on: May 20, 2013, 04:31:18 pm »

Rofa, the forgotten beast made of salt was killed by Atis Mengumam, novice swordsdwarf with a single blow to the body. I am a little underwhelmed by my first forgotten beast.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29284 on: May 20, 2013, 04:56:59 pm »

((Seriously, anybody know the command in DFHack to convert an existing unit to your fort? It may be another program that came with LNP, but I know it's there, I've used it before)

Why can't I get a straight answer? D:

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29285 on: May 20, 2013, 05:03:07 pm »

Why can't I get a straight answer? D:

Makeown!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29286 on: May 20, 2013, 06:45:50 pm »

Started a new fort, Loloksarek (Graniteechoes).
Before she could grab her pick, one of my miners drowned in a freshly thawed river.
My mason/mechanic is now a miner.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29287 on: May 21, 2013, 06:25:53 am »

So far, every artifact in my fort has been made by children. Even more weird is that every single one of those children, except the currently running mood, has been kidnapped by goblins.

Before she could grab her pick, one of my miners drowned in a freshly thawed river.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."

"...Dibs on the pick."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29288 on: May 21, 2013, 07:23:31 am »

That happened to me in my last fortress, too.
Except that everyone and everything drowned.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29289 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32:58 am »

I always give my miners swimming, at least one point.  often three.  aquifers, cisterns, floods.  :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29290 on: May 21, 2013, 08:49:03 am »

I was able to juggle my trader from the majesty-fort to the migrant-fort, and he got there just 2 days before the elves packed up. I don't really need anything from the elves, but I used the mugs to buy lots of berries for the migrants since they're low on food. I also got some rope reed seeds out of it, which I hope to use once my majesty fort grows into a majesty tower on the surface.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29291 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:56 pm »

Had a minotaur decide to stop in for a visit. He ran up into the main entrance of the fort, and was greeted by the entire gathered milita.

He didn't have time to make a strike, having an arm lopped off and being kicked through the skull by an axedwarf.

I have had slabs engraved for him and the ettin who visited in the early years, and placed along the route caravans follow into the depot.

The minotaur was apparently a devoted father.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29292 on: May 21, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »

I have had slabs engraved for him and the ettin who visited in the early years, and placed along the route caravans follow into the depot.

Physical reminders of all the mega and semi-megabeasts a fortress has defeated is a great idea.  I used to save their corpses, but I've since tossed them into the atom smasher.  Time for my engraver to get to work!

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29293 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:17 pm »

Physical reminders of all the mega and semi-megabeasts a fortress has defeated is a great idea.  I used to save their corpses, but I've since tossed them into the atom smasher.  Time for my engraver to get to work!

I wanted to save them, but the ettin eventually rotted away, and since I have necromancers occasionally wandering about, I figured I should do something a little less dangerous :P

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29294 on: May 21, 2013, 05:00:09 pm »

I wanted to save them, but the ettin eventually rotted away, and since I have necromancers occasionally wandering about, I figured I should do something a little less dangerous :P

I like to leave a slab where they died. Same goes for my militia. They get burial, a slab at the site of their last battle, and (if they're deemed worthy) a slab in the Hall of Heroes.
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 3835