Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5865504 times)

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33915 on: April 03, 2014, 04:48:06 pm »

Question: My captive necromancer seems to be resurrecting the bodies slower and slower as time goes by. Can anyone offer an explanation why?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33916 on: April 03, 2014, 05:03:21 pm »

Question: My captive necromancer seems to be resurrecting the bodies slower and slower as time goes by. Can anyone offer an explanation why?

Zombie bacon farm?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33917 on: April 03, 2014, 05:06:03 pm »

You should try using the 'edit' button to update your posts instead of making new posts.

However, there is one way to get your ogres to work: DFusion through DFhack has a script called 'frienship' which makes certain species you have around members of your fort. Not sure whether or not it still works though, since I haven't used it in quite a while.

Sorry about that. Anyways, If they are already in my Citizens (or civilians? I don't have the game open) page of my units, but listed as tame, would DFusion still be able to help?

Not all the files for the friendship plug-in are present in the current DFHack. You could check the thread and see if anyone has posted the missing object file.

Putnam posted a version. Warmist also posted one as well. You will also need to make an init file to select which races are allowed. But some of the comments seem to indicate that it can be buggy or broken, which may have been why it was removed.

Strange. Necromancers can't get tired or exhausted, and they don't need to eat, sleep, or drink, so it can't be any of those. I wonder if non-player controlled dwarves can suffer from alcohol withdrawal, as that could be a reason why, if the necromancer is a dwarf.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:07:59 pm by BlackFlyme »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33918 on: April 03, 2014, 05:11:12 pm »

What does the announcement "You have discovered a downward passage" mean?
It's probably not demon-related.
I already released those.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33919 on: April 03, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »

Zombie bacon farm?

Sort of like that, but instead of harvesting them for slaughter I'm just using them for target practice. It would be dwarfier to use a Bronze Colossus, but I haven't even been seiged yet.

Strange. Necromancers can't get tired or exhausted, and they don't need to eat, sleep, or drink, so it can't be any of those. I wonder if non-player controlled dwarves can suffer from alcohol withdrawal, as that could be a reason why, if the necromancer is a dwarf.
[/quote]

Its a Human, though the other one I captured is a dwarf. Perhaps it isn't that the necromancer is getting slower, but his thralls are getting weaker. It seems like the past couple times that this llama corpse has been hit with a bolt it went down like a rock. Perhaps the more injuries a thrall has, the less damage it can take?

What does the announcement "You have discovered a downward passage" mean?
It's probably not demon-related.
I already released those.

You found a passage in a cavern that goes to a cavern deeper than the one it starts. Look around and you'll eventually see a passage going down.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33920 on: April 03, 2014, 06:21:12 pm »

But some of the comments seem to indicate that it can be buggy or broken, which may have been why it was removed.

Oh yeah, that command has always plagued me with bugs. Technically, it works. But technically, the game doesn't know yet how to handle multi-racial fortresses or the act of turning a pet into a proper citizen, so it goes SRM and all manner of silliness happens. Your newly-civilized pets will also be going SRM, or berserk, because they're more than likely all naked and don't fit into the size of clothes your dwarves wear. So you'll have to set them all to be clothiers/leatherworkers and dedicate a segment of your cloth and leather stockpiles to them, and by the time they make enough clothes for everyone, 3/4 of them are dead or soon to be dead. They also recognize family members, to an extent, so if someone's child dies for lack of clothing the mother might go nuts. Fathers aren't tracked it seems, and your population of pet-people wont expand after being made sentient because they now have to be married to reproduce, and marriage can take a while.

Never caused my game to crash or corrupted the save, as far as I'm aware.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33921 on: April 03, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »

But some of the comments seem to indicate that it can be buggy or broken, which may have been why it was removed.

Oh yeah, that command has always plagued me with bugs. Technically, it works. But technically, the game doesn't know yet how to handle multi-racial fortresses or the act of turning a pet into a proper citizen, so it goes SRM and all manner of silliness happens. Your newly-civilized pets will also be going SRM, or berserk, because they're more than likely all naked and don't fit into the size of clothes your dwarves wear. So you'll have to set them all to be clothiers/leatherworkers and dedicate a segment of your cloth and leather stockpiles to them, and by the time they make enough clothes for everyone, 3/4 of them are dead or soon to be dead. They also recognize family members, to an extent, so if someone's child dies for lack of clothing the mother might go nuts. Fathers aren't tracked it seems, and your population of pet-people wont expand after being made sentient because they now have to be married to reproduce, and marriage can take a while.

Never caused my game to crash or corrupted the save, as far as I'm aware.

How do I get it to work? I guess it comes with masterwork, because it's already in hack/lua/plugins/dfusion. I'll try backing up the one already in there and then pasting the one you guys posted.

And can you tell me how to do the init.lua in raws (not raws/objects/)? Is it supposed to already be there (It's not)? Or do I write it myself in notepad?

And does that init.lua go in DF/Hack/Raw, or DF/Raw?

Edit: for clarification:

Dfusion offers me 1) run save script, 2) adventure tools and 3) misc tools.

In misc tools, there is: 1) set current race, 2) Give sentience, 3) Make creature follow, 4) Impregnate (which I am going to use to give myself a few more blight ogres), 5) heal unit, and 6) power up
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:45:22 pm by bennerman »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33922 on: April 03, 2014, 06:58:30 pm »

It's a passive thing, you don't activate it via the DFHack window.

init.lua goes in DF/raw, and not in hack/raw. The file has to be made manually, and is not there by default.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33923 on: April 03, 2014, 07:08:17 pm »

I tried:
plug=require"plugins.dfusion.friendship"
plug.Friendship:install{"OGRE_BLIGHT"}

In the SAVE raw and it didn't work.

I'll try it in plain ol' DF/raw next

Edit: Nope. Only fishing and they are still listed as tame citizens
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:12:43 pm by bennerman »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33924 on: April 03, 2014, 07:14:30 pm »

It is an .lua file and not a .txt file, right?

Also, you will need to add the names of all the races you want to play as, not just the ogres.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33925 on: April 03, 2014, 07:18:33 pm »

Yeah, I saved it as an .lua (not .txt.lua, not my first rodeo ;P)

so here's the first few lines of entity_warlock

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

how would I write the plugin?

edit: and do I have to start a new game or should this work when I load one?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33926 on: April 03, 2014, 07:25:35 pm »

It's mentioned that for whatever reason the first argument in the plug-in is ignored, so you will have to repeat it twice.

Assuming that all you will play as is warlocks and blight ogres, the plug-in would look something like:

Code: [Select]
plug.Friendship:install{"WARLOCK_CIV","WARLOCK_CIV","OGRE_BLIGHT"}

To do it for a running save, init.lua will go in DF/data/save/folder/raw

If it is put into the main raw folder then it will only affect newly created worlds.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33927 on: April 03, 2014, 07:36:45 pm »

It's mentioned that for whatever reason the first argument in the plug-in is ignored, so you will have to repeat it twice.

Assuming that all you will play as is warlocks and blight ogres, the plug-in would look something like:

Code: [Select]
plug.Friendship:install{"WARLOCK_CIV","WARLOCK_CIV","OGRE_BLIGHT"}

To do it for a running save, init.lua will go in DF/data/save/folder/raw

If it is put into the main raw folder then it will only affect newly created worlds.

Nope. not working ;-;

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33928 on: April 03, 2014, 07:39:50 pm »

Huh. I'm not sure what it could be, unless the program you are using can't support .lua, or Masterwork's DFHack can't support it.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33929 on: April 03, 2014, 07:42:42 pm »

Since we're all discussing stuff that pertains to modding here, is it possible to make a stone and/or a metal with a fixed temperature, like Nether-cap? I found the raws for that heatproof tree but I'm wondering if it will work if I transplant that tag.
Pages: 1 ... 2260 2261 [2262] 2263 2264 ... 3836