Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2266 2267 [2268] 2269 2270 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5858524 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #34005 on: April 07, 2014, 02:01:34 pm »

Gave me a chuckle, so atleast their deaths aren't in vain.
I've gone through three guard captains because they're being killed every time they try to enforce order. The rioting dwarves have torn the dining hall apart and are using the debris as projectile weapons. I'm considering disarming the military to prevent them from doing too much damage on their killing sprees. Our economy is now based around cleaning vomit, carrying people to the hospital, and hauling body parts to the dump.

This is the greatest fort I've ever run.

edit: The CMD just started chopping his patients in two with a battleaxe and was beaten to death by rioting child.

An abandoned baby was being savagely beaten by a berserk dwarf, the mother scooped it up and left her older child behind as a distraction.

A child just discovered his magical powers and began firing bolts of ice into crowds of rioting dwarves.

One of our migrants was delighted to see this and turned into a wolf, tore off the childs arm, and had his skull bashed in by a marksdwarf.

The mayor was attacked with a pick and lost her foot, she was taken to the hospital where one of her fellow patients attacked her with a woodcutting axe and opened up her chest. She was rescued by the fortress guard who she repaid by flying into a beserk rage and trying to bite them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:33:32 pm by Broseph Stalin »

zumzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34006 on: April 07, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »

So wait... you lost two forts to the same forces with the same necromancer "general"? Did your recognize any of your dwarves from the first fort in his legion?

Yes, it was the same female necromancer...I searched through the list, but did not see any named dwarves among the living dead.

We have sent out our third embark. This time, fortress will include a sally port with an organic matter smasher. Any tips on luring the undead into the sally port so I can lock them in? We will spill the blood of this necromancer for the glory of Armok!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34007 on: April 07, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »

Well, after a bit of fiddling with DFhack, this one demon (Called by the game "Embers Haunt"), is now a member of my fortress.
Seriously.
This.
Makes.
No.
Sense.
Well, less sense than killing a Bronze Colossus with a rabbit.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34008 on: April 07, 2014, 04:39:49 pm »

Well, after a bit of fiddling with DFhack, this one demon (Called by the game "Embers Haunt"), is now a member of my fortress.
Seriously.
This.
Makes.
No.
Sense.
Well, less sense than killing a Bronze Colossus with a rabbit.

How does that not make sense? Demons become members of other civs all the time in world-gen.

It's also entirely possible for it to become your mayor, if it is an intelligent demon. Non-intelligent demons just act like standard pets.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34009 on: April 07, 2014, 05:22:58 pm »

I just got my seventh artifact in this fort...and the second artifact honey badger bone shield with a picture of monsters on the front. The first one has a forgotten beast, the second has wererhinoceroses.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34010 on: April 07, 2014, 05:30:24 pm »

Yes, but those are the unique demons.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34011 on: April 07, 2014, 05:52:37 pm »

Migrants ambushed by a squad of goblin spearmen. Send out the defence squad to protect the trader lingering at the edge of the map. They run into a squad of lashers. One casualty. A speardwarf who got his left wrist bone chipped and dropped his shield. You'd think that would be the part of the body least likely to get hit, wouldn't you? But though he's in extreme pain he should survive with medical attention, so I make sure to remove all other labours on my medical chief and then go back to watching the battle. Halfway through the after-combat cleanup, I check on Chippy McSpear. He's been brought to bed, but the medical chief is on break. I sigh, and reactivate CMD's hauling duties and go to deactivate hauling on his deputy. Deputy is also on break.

Activate medical jobs on everyone. It will take them a while to get them done if they are dabbling, but they perform surgery just as well.
However you may get infections if they take to long, but then again its still faster than waiting for those lazy doctors to decide hauling their asses over to the hospital.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34012 on: April 07, 2014, 05:52:52 pm »

Yes, but those are the unique demons.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. Unique demons?

Do you mean like another civ's demon-leader?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34013 on: April 07, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »

fiddling with DFhack
I think I found the problem, guys!

"Unique" demons probably isn't the right term. I think he means any demon that is registered as a historical figure. Random Hell demons are not such.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34014 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

Does Therapist need explicit support for skills added by mods, or just take the information from the raws?

I haven't done any modding to anything with the game. Completely vanilla game, with completely vanilla DT.
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34015 on: April 07, 2014, 06:30:27 pm »

fiddling with DFhack
I think I found the problem, guys!

"Unique" demons probably isn't the right term. I think he means any demon that is registered as a historical figure. Random Hell demons are not such.

That makes much more sense. I did a similar thing once before, with a demon that wiped a goblin squad.

He eventually became mayor, and complained of his inability to drink alcohol.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34016 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:15 pm »

The elves are trying to take advantage of our weakness. I have a plan though, every non insane dwarf has rushed to the fortress roof to enact our revenge. The gifted child has followed them and is fighting off the archers with his ice bolts. We may not survive but we will not be defeated by tree huggers. I've sent the men to the roof to start a fire with a brazier then collapse the floor underneath it to set the bastards on fire.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34017 on: April 07, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »

The mental image of a hulking coyote monster stopping in the middle of an important diplomatic meeting to just start babbling is hilarious.
Sig'd

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34018 on: April 07, 2014, 07:36:12 pm »

The brazier punched a hole straight through the ground straight through the area where I coralled the elves and right into the fortress severely injuring several dwarves and dropping a war grizzly right into the bedrooms. On a positive note operation fiery death was successful and the map is becoming wreathed in flames.

In other news an abandoned baby was attacked by a scorpion man and succeeded in beating it to death with only minor injuries. The elves are ignoring the baby, I chose to believe it is out of fear.

One of our marksdwarves climbed to the roof with his repeating crossbow and open fired on the population.

The magical child shot him in the face with a ball of ice and killed him.

74 dwarves, 36 are children 12 are insane about 20 are are trapped in a tantrum spiral and the last 6 are so battle hardened they're breezing through the end of days.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:03:31 pm by Broseph Stalin »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34019 on: April 07, 2014, 08:02:19 pm »

An extremely bizarre thing happened:

That should be an outpost liaison. Someone dun goofed.
Pages: 1 ... 2266 2267 [2268] 2269 2270 ... 3836