Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2274 2275 [2276] 2277 2278 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788967 times)

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #34125 on: April 12, 2014, 06:23:20 am »

Are you playing a mod, what with all the troll admins and clerks running around? Is that clerk hostile?

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34126 on: April 12, 2014, 07:15:19 am »

Are you playing a mod, what with all the troll admins and clerks running around? Is that clerk hostile?
Trolls in vanillia can have civilian occupations.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34127 on: April 12, 2014, 08:02:51 am »

Trolls in vanillia can have civilian occupations.
The squad leader almost always has some sort of occupation.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34128 on: April 12, 2014, 10:14:42 am »

Digging out 'intestines'.

That is a very long and convulated second entrance to my fort which I'm gonna promptly fill with traps. ;D
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34129 on: April 12, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »

Aaand Arrowbodices fell to an invasion.

Not because of wounds, or damage, or anything like that.  Oh no.

Those mean, nasty goblin hammerers stood on the cliff overlooking the entrance and waved their hammers.  They were SO SCARY the dwarves couldn't get to the food stockpile to drink.  Or remember how to mine.  Or really do anything other than die of thirst like idiots, while running around screaming about the goblins that... could... not... reach... them.

Dwarves have more drama than 13 year olds.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34130 on: April 12, 2014, 02:35:46 pm »

... Somehow, this;
http://i.imgur.com/8ktA0HC.png

I'm not sure how, but a peregrine falcon is scaring the living booze out of the Dwarves in Paintmagic. Which is problematic, since right now the grand hall is split up through four floors, meaning if someone is frightened and falls off the dormitories in the top, they'll fall down four levels and end up in the meeting hall.

... On the other hand, that might actually scare the dwarves enough to take care of it.

EDIT: Decided to send one of the founders, a Ranger, and a Cook after it. They all have something to gain from it, I figure.

EDIT2: http://i.imgur.com/fqYXj8y.png Well, that takes care of that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:40:20 pm by Serio »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34131 on: April 12, 2014, 02:37:57 pm »

Generated the most variant world - it's the product of setting temperatures to -1000 to 1000 on advanced generation and giving maximum variance to all those, removing all requirements, and giving it the maximum number of subregions.

Gravitron5000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34132 on: April 12, 2014, 03:59:38 pm »

My first fort that has attracted the King ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... Praise Armok?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34133 on: April 12, 2014, 04:12:54 pm »

My first fort that has attracted the King ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... Praise Armok?
I've read in an engraving somewhere that my queen is a vampire.
Also I've had a vampire chained for murder. He has gone stark raving mad. I guess he'll sit around in that cell for all of eternity. Or get killed by goblins or a Forgotten Beast or something.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34134 on: April 13, 2014, 01:10:02 am »

Those heartless bastards...
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34135 on: April 13, 2014, 01:59:27 am »

Spoiler: Giant-ass Picture (click to show/hide)
Those heartless bastards...
That made me laugh a lot more than it should have.

I had a similar issue with my stonecrafter churning out masterwork flutes. There were so many of the damn things I autodumped them into the magma sea.
Naturally, the poor sod went insane and had to be put down by my militia.

In other news, my chief medical dwarf has a lot of kills to his name. Turns out he's a vampire and that giving hospital patients private rooms was a bad idea.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34136 on: April 13, 2014, 02:48:38 am »

Half the engravings in my current fortress are of a night creature's wife that tamed some bobcats 90 years ago. I dunno what that's about.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34137 on: April 13, 2014, 03:09:33 am »

I cannot use siltstone blocks to construct anything anymore.
why?
I am a Goober.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34138 on: April 13, 2014, 03:14:21 am »

In the 'z' menu, under 'stone': have you disabled it for buildings?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34139 on: April 13, 2014, 09:31:44 am »

Kinda bummed. I was retunneling the entrance to the fortress to make a giant tunnel of death. Well, I managed that pretty well. I didn't notice that my best miner from embark cornered himself while digging channels to make a level in a pit fall. By the time I saw him and tried to build floors to reach him (which didn't build for a while because there were maze walls which had suspended construction below them... grr..) he died of thirst and became a zombie.

I discovered the vampire's true identity. He kept blaming a planter named Stukos, but that didn't check out. So I checked for spouses of the accuser and discovered his wife and children don't exist. Other than that, and his rather long list of groups, he had no suspicious indicators. The captain of the guard only saw fit to give him 210 days in the hole for murdering two of my best macedwarves and a marksdwarf. I think I'm going to throw him in the zombie pit, instead. Those macedwarves were tough as nails, and the marks dwarf was the one who killed the Titan a few years before; they deserved better than being murdered in their beds. Now his zombified victims will have a chance for revenge.
Pages: 1 ... 2274 2275 [2276] 2277 2278 ... 3835