Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2377 2378 [2379] 2380 2381 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787155 times)

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35670 on: July 14, 2014, 10:16:54 am »

Is there still the... um... still problem?

You probably need more empty barrels.

Oh, so it was that after all? Weird. I thought it was a glitch from the new version.

Also, a... weregoat has arrived. My military is a whopping 3 soldiers without armor. Terrific.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35671 on: July 14, 2014, 11:14:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiple simultaneous Kobold ambushes. Their first encounter with my war dogs caused all fifty two of them to flee in terror, bar one, who attacked the Kobolds and caused all bar one of their kind to flee. That Kobold wrestler nearly strangled my dog to death in a brutal melee, but passed out from exhaustion at the mercy of a pissed off dog.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35672 on: July 14, 2014, 11:15:07 am »

New version, new fort. In memory of the lizardman-triggered tantrum spiral I survived, I leave a picture of the lizard mausoleum/mass grave that I built to hold all the dead.

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35673 on: July 14, 2014, 11:18:47 am »

New version, new fort. In memory of the lizardman-triggered tantrum spiral I survived, I leave a picture of the lizard mausoleum/mass grave that I built to hold all the dead.

Brilliant! Maybe get your engravers to cover the walls with engraved lizard pictures?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #35674 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:40 am »

What's that tileset? It looks really nice.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35675 on: July 14, 2014, 12:06:41 pm »

Giant kea and kea-people keep trying to steal our gabbro blocks. Butchered the kea for meat, and it is much needed.

Zombie is still climbing a tree, crossbows are being made in hopes of knocking it down and lifting the siege so we get migrants and the autumn caravan.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35676 on: July 14, 2014, 12:24:54 pm »

Just discovered by ordering a shop to output to a stockpile that doesn't accept it's products you can keep them in the workshop. It's great for making and improving crafts from the same shop. Using it for metalworks and clothesmaking.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35677 on: July 14, 2014, 12:34:34 pm »

so after a complete morning of fortress management i have made the first batch of bedrooms, a dinner hall and have 4 9x9 farmplots working, no problem with food except for the still bug(i have several barrels avaliable but nothing happens).

i've started to dig the first underground level in order to make stockpile rooms. and well, playing at 15-20 FPS is a bitch.....

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35678 on: July 14, 2014, 12:47:42 pm »

What's that tileset? It looks really nice.

It's a couple of the ones from the wiki mashed together. I think it's mainly the font from Maus' with the walls from Savok's, and I think a couple characters from the original Doren guy's tileset. Then I added a couple little things, like the line through the zeroes. Coffins don't look right to me without it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35679 on: July 14, 2014, 01:05:17 pm »

Elves arrived and quite hilariously I have two soldiers (world gen warriors!) who find those who develop skill at arms distasteful. But I also have one who has a normal outlook: He prefers peace over war, but he is brave in the face of danger and won't hesitate to fight if he must (has a strong sense of duty.)

The migrant wave of some 20ish+ dorfs was for once a windfall rather than a bane as the 15 dwarves I had were severely inadequate for all the work needing to be done. Also one of them actually adopted a vermin bird! A magpie specifically, and the moron didn't have the foresight to grab it (or wait for it to be placed in a collection device known as an animal trap) before it took off when she opened the cage to let it out (dorfs will now do that when they adopt caged critters! Woo!) So now she's spamming the event log with her frustration about trying to catch the damned thing.

Finnaly found some tetrahedrite and the militia is training dutifully for the possible inevitability of war. The location I'm in appears to not be anywhere near as bandit or beast infested as before, so sadly instead of brigands and werebulls I had to bloody the militia on deer Timd failed to kill before running out of ammo. To ensure history otherwise repeats, I knocked down some trees while the elves were visiting, and will do so again next year. I also plan to sell wooden items to passing human and dorf caravans as a migrant was a great woodcrafter.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35680 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:14 pm »

Found a bug.

Hauled some animal-men to a distant point and positioned the militia to attack them en route. As it turns out in this version attacking a hauled creature means attacking the hauler as well. My thresher was disemboweled. Explains why my efforts to slaughter the elves resulted in my impromptu mob trying to punch yaks.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35681 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:38 pm »

Found a bug.

Hauled some animal-men to a distant point and positioned the militia to attack them en route. As it turns out in this version attacking a hauled creature means attacking the hauler as well. My thresher was disemboweled. Explains why my efforts to slaughter the elves resulted in my impromptu mob trying to punch yaks.

No accidental loyalty cascade?

Oh, wait, loyalty isn't that simple any more, is it? Hm.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35682 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:18 pm »

Recently assailed by goblin bandits. And I know they were bandits due to thier mishmash of weaponry and no clearly defined leader (I'm guessing it was the axegob or speargob; the rest were rangers or hammermen all just kinda mushed into one unit) and I didn't get the usual Vile Force of Darkness screen - or goblin civ on my civ screen. There were roughly... 9-10 combatants against four militia dwarves, though Uruf the magpie lover looking for her damned bird lured a few away.

Hero of the battle was Deon, with 5 kills. And the Axedwarf went from experiencing mortal fear (after several goblins were killed,) to killing someone because his nap time got interrupted. SPecifically, the sole survivor initially was a goblin marksman who tried to sneak away through the trees. Deon spotted him and proceeded to quite unceremoniously chop both hands in half and then decapitate him the second the poor fool got down from a tree.

Casualties for Copperforest consist of the macedwarf Rethe, who got one kill before a charging hammergoblin caught him from behind and fractured his leg, and nobody else. The casualties sustained and sheer spectacle of four flying goblin heads courtesy of Squib and Deon scared the shit out of  two civvies and most of the goblins save the axeman. Who was subsequently chopped into bloody ribbons.

Can't wait for the next ones! Gon' be fun.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35683 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:51 pm »

playing minesweeper with aquifers (dammit), more dorfs have arrived and need to find a layer of stone as soon as possible

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35684 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:06 pm »

Trade with humans started off wonderful shit-like. Some languars scared a merchant resulting in his wagon breaking when he abandoned ship or dropped to his knees in fear of the terrifying monkeys he hired soldiers to protect him from. Great.
Pages: 1 ... 2377 2378 [2379] 2380 2381 ... 3835