Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2378 2379 [2380] 2381 2382 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787551 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35685 on: July 14, 2014, 02:32:27 pm »

No accidental loyalty cascade?

Oh, wait, loyalty isn't that simple any more, is it? Hm.

Less dramatic. They didn't all turn on each other but several dwarves were frightened of the bookkeeper. I saw something similar happen when a dwarf witnessed a werebeast destroy his bed. From then on even in dwarf mode he was terrified of him and would begin crying every time he saw him.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35686 on: July 14, 2014, 02:33:59 pm »

-New Bug discovered.

Fort was relatively young. Hunter had returned a kill and the second he dropped it for the butcher to grab the game instant crashed.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35687 on: July 14, 2014, 02:39:44 pm »

The siege finally lifted, but the one zombie still is chilling out in the trees. It is now the second spring, food and drinks are very low, and a path into the caverns has been opened in hopes of getting enough silk to make a bolt of cloth to bandage our mason, who broke his upper spine during the winter.

This is the longest I've gone without migrants in a very long time, haven't gotten either of the 2 hardcoded waves, unless that has changed as well. Haven't seen anything about that at least.

Update while typing: managed to save my mason. cave spider silk cloth, pig tail thread, and micromanagement of burrows to force my ad-hoc doctors to work to feed and water the poor guy got him back on his feet. Didn't realize how hard it was to only have 2 dwarves who do something besides spar, even when they are off duty.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35688 on: July 14, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

I just watch a Wren woman be pinned down, beaten, and beheaded while screaming "help save me" to her fleeing comrades. I am a monster.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35689 on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:41 pm »

Sadly I am denied war with the elves. Some dick heads called The Lizard of Tweeting took The Ripe Fragrance's intended spot on the civ screen, but it seems the war is on as this happened.

So... Yeah. Seems Malto's mother or father died at some point, possibly in combat with The Ripe Fragrance. And this presents a problem as I wasn't expecting any appreciable nobility for another year, minimum. So I'm going to scramble my dorfs to set her up, finish the wooden keep, build the road i wanted to build, and retire so I can have some god damn elves to fight.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35690 on: July 14, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »

Population: 5

Dwarves are just going missing.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35691 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:48 pm »

No migrants or caravans again this year. Necromancer and an axegoblin showed up early autumn. Got my weaponsmith and armorsmith making steel bars, taking turns smelting and mining out more materials. Mason is doing fine, making blocks and farming. Axedwaves are sparring and training constantly, hopefully they will get skilled enough by the time steel gear gets made that they can hold their own against these invaders.

Might go to a nice, calm embark for a while soon. 12 towers might be too many :P

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35692 on: July 14, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »

Sadly I am denied war with the elves. Some dick heads called The Lizard of Tweeting took The Ripe Fragrance's intended spot on the civ screen, but it seems the war is on as this happened.

So... Yeah. Seems Malto's mother or father died at some point, possibly in combat with The Ripe Fragrance. And this presents a problem as I wasn't expecting any appreciable nobility for another year, minimum.

Be glad you didn't awaken a dormant civ. Seems that guarantees a monarch by spring of year two. Have fun setting up royal dwellings in the first year of your fort. At least my new queen has no item preferences, making her quite maintenance-friendly. She dreams of mastering a skill and immigrated as high master metalsmith. I think we can arrange that...

In other news, elves accept elven-made wooden stuff in trade now. Most of their wooden crap is labelled "grown (wood) (item)", except for cages with animals inside; wooden decorations are also not labelled as "grown"; but it doesn't matter, as long as it's elven-made, elves seem to be o.k. with it. They'll still throw a fit and piss off if you give them dwarven-chopped wood.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #35693 on: July 14, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

In other news, elves accept elven-made wooden stuff in trade now. Most of their wooden crap is labelled "grown (wood) (item)", except for cages with animals inside; wooden decorations are also not labelled as "grown"; but it doesn't matter, as long as it's elven-made, elves seem to be o.k. with it. They'll still throw a fit and piss off if you give them dwarven-chopped wood.

Wait, really? I tried to give my companion his bow back in adventure mode after he broke his hand and he insulted me instead.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35694 on: July 14, 2014, 04:41:11 pm »

New fort 5935891 since 0.40 is doing quite well so far. Nobody has fallen out of trees, nobody has gone skydiving off the remarkably sized sheer 3-6 z cliff onto the obsidian pebble beach (omfg I want to see that, if not walk on it, in real life) and been swept into the ocean, nobody exploded while accessing magma, nobody has claimed the title of King/Queen or any other royalty, we have magma and sand on the same level.
It's going great.

I'm getting terribly suspicious.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35695 on: July 14, 2014, 04:45:59 pm »

the metalsmith of my 40.03 fort became mad after not being able a long time with a mood, i couldnt stop the slaughter and just downgraded to 34.11 instead. will have to wait until the new version is playable (FPS wise)

as for now my new fort has just started in a suitable location and have already digged until reaching a bauxite layer (oh yeah)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35696 on: July 14, 2014, 04:46:49 pm »

10 gobilns attacked in the third year. I have had magmaworks up and running for over a year so 10 dwarves in armor ranging from masterwork steel to iron and 10 archers in full armor ranging from iron to copper met them at the gates and immediately routed them. 4 prisoners 4 dead 2 escaped.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35697 on: July 14, 2014, 04:57:52 pm »

War broke out somewhere, dunno where. Set up Malto and retired. Time for a new fort near the fighting.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35698 on: July 14, 2014, 04:58:22 pm »

Wait, really? I tried to give my companion his bow back in adventure mode after he broke his hand and he insulted me instead.

The whole "elves bring tonnes of wood, get all angry when offered the very wood they brought" issue in fort mode has been fixed.
Things are different in adventure mode - living elves get equipment without the "grown" descriptor and other elves will refuse to touch these items. I've seen "grown" wooden items in monster lairs where elven historical persons lost their lives in world gen. Haven't tried if elves will handle such items without raising a stink; they probably should, but adventure mode's still quite buggy.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35699 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:40 pm »

Turns out you can no longer haul caged prisoners as the dwarves handling them will panic and even after they're dead the dwarf is still considered to be hauling the creature and nearby militia and dogs will kill them.
Pages: 1 ... 2378 2379 [2380] 2381 2382 ... 3835