Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 [2427] 2428 2429 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5855099 times)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36390 on: August 05, 2014, 04:38:49 pm »

Your warfs or the goblin invaders? That lost, that is.

The goblins are listed as "A: 1 goblin, 0 losses" and my dwarves are listed as "D: 29 dwarves, 23 losses" and it says "defender was victorious"

Might be a bug then.
Wait, you repulsed the invasion, though. The siege broke, the goblins left, and soon after the remaining wounded died. Technically, you won.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36391 on: August 05, 2014, 04:42:43 pm »

I had a dragon break into my fort and start melting all of my dwarves. the only military dwarf that wasn't injured by the dang unicorns I tried to get him to be cannon fodder so that the rest of the dwarves could run and hide. I had forgotten that he was carrying an adamantine sword and iron shield. So the little farmer charges through the dragon fire AND LOPS OFF THE DRAGON'S HEAD IN ONE SWIPE. I renamed him Ronnie James Dio and changed his profession to dragon slayer. He now has an entire armory of adamantine and a room that's better than a king's would be. Sounds like something from a movie.
That right there is better than some modern movie plots. ;)

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36392 on: August 05, 2014, 05:54:23 pm »

Your warfs or the goblin invaders? That lost, that is.

The goblins are listed as "A: 1 goblin, 0 losses" and my dwarves are listed as "D: 29 dwarves, 23 losses" and it says "defender was victorious"

Might be a bug then.
Wait, you repulsed the invasion, though. The siege broke, the goblins left, and soon after the remaining wounded died. Technically, you won.

In any case, there was definitely more than one goblin.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36393 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:05 pm »

My new fort just had it's first child born to my Armorsmith, and as others have reported happening it was without being married.

I don't really mind having children pop up out of wedlock though, especially this specific birth, since upon closer inspection I discovered the mother and father formed a Grudge right after the child was born.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36394 on: August 05, 2014, 07:05:58 pm »

My new fort just had it's first child born to my Armorsmith, and as others have reported happening it was without being married.

I don't really mind having children pop up out of wedlock though, especially this specific birth, since upon closer inspection I discovered the mother and father formed a Grudge right after the child was born.
Next Toady updates the economy to include mandatory alimony payments.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36395 on: August 05, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »

Another child was born to the same father a short time later too.

I've had him training non stop since just after embark, so I don't even know when he's had a chance to talk to any of these dwarves.

Ninja Edit: And there is a third. This guy really gets around.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:19:04 pm by Repseki »

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36396 on: August 05, 2014, 08:04:01 pm »

I found my first forgotten beast, which somehow snuck past my soldiers and killed half my fortress.
The other half died in the ensuing tantrum spiral.
RIP Roadsquash.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36397 on: August 05, 2014, 09:34:48 pm »

Starting to gear up my army in my 40.06 fort.  Full steel, if the crafters can manage it with the availble iron...

Why do you people go and live your username after you finish writing something? It is to the left of your post.

Because it's polite to sign ones messages, and nobody here seems to put a signature in the forum signature?
//Torrenal

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36398 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:42 pm »

It was actually a placeholder.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36399 on: August 05, 2014, 11:51:59 pm »

We all know loyalty cascades cause bad things. Especially with husks.
Spoiler: A Storm is Coming (click to show/hide)

Though I don't think that fated battle will be as violent as in this game.
(Seriously, go watch 1 minute to see what Mario and Luigi are teaching our kids. I'd prefer my kids play DF than that game)

Anyway, this is when the zombie head is still loose in the caverns with the zombie axedwarf.
Well, it looks like the head wandered away, so I'll try to remove the zombie axedwarf.
Spoiler: Success (click to show/hide)

Then it's back to cavy dropping. I tried to follow Xzibit's advice and dropped one cavy onto another cavy while falling.
However, dropping one cavy onto another does not in fact kill both cavys. So one more remains.
Oh well, next time in The Joyful Land of Ghouls: A Bloody Albatross greets my six miners !

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36400 on: August 06, 2014, 05:58:15 am »

I recently created a new world for .06, wanting to try out a new idea I had. 

During generation, I noticed that the goblin lands were not really expanding, but it appeared that humans and elves were taking over the entire continent.  I decided to check up on the Legends, because a world without goblins just isn't very fun.

By year 27, the elves had single-handedly destroyed the dwarves across 3 wars.  It was just a slaughter.  RIP, relevantly-named 'The Routed Fortress'. 

The first thing I noticed was that despite having no desire for expansion and conquest, and having most of their dark pits overrun by the human civilization, the goblins had a nice, healthy population of about 10,000.  (That's about average for my worlds.)  Clearly, their demon lord 'Naughtygoads the Strangeness of Grief', with his 1,392 kills, was overwhelmed with regret and sought to atone for his kingdom's actions through peace and inner reflection.

But what about those humans?  They appear to always be stirring up trouble with everyone and planting towns and villages everywhere, going to war, conquering people, and in general kicking butt from pole to pole.  So I took a look at their civ next and what did I find? 

Not humans.  Okay, there were a whole 180 of them.

Led by several hundred goblins, some troll outcasts, and their new king -- the vampire lord cave fish man Ubal Dumpembraced. 

I can't decide what I want to do first.  Do I rebuilt 'The Routed Fortress' with fortress mode, or do I exact vengeance against the enormous elven population in adventure mode?

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36401 on: August 06, 2014, 06:39:17 am »

You make a grand fortress, rebuild the dwarven civilization from the ashes, raise a glorious mountainhome as a beacon to all the scattered Free Peoples.  Then lead a single, lone hero to exact revenge upon the elves for their atrocities.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36402 on: August 06, 2014, 09:00:46 am »

As my hunter-testing fort was 1/3 children thanks to the breed-like-animals 40.06 bug..

I've now drafted all my children to be hauler/smoothers.  Enjoy your child-labor youth, you little rascals.  :D

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36403 on: August 06, 2014, 04:10:31 pm »

Hmm. I have a layer of Gneiss and a layer of Schist adjacent to one another.

I think I'm going to make a bunch of gneiss bedrooms for dwarves I like and schist bedrooms for dwarves I don't.

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36404 on: August 06, 2014, 04:36:44 pm »

So in the second year I got two elven ambushes and a goblin siege at the same time, the goblins discovered the elves who in turn tried to flee, yet got held up and killed by the goblins. This apparently ended the siege.
Shortly thereafter the game announced to me that it is now the "age of the goblin" and with this message my expedition leader was now King.
I guess the goblins inveded the last dwarven settlement and thus my fort is the only one left, so it got to have a king.
Pages: 1 ... 2425 2426 [2427] 2428 2429 ... 3836