Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2464 2465 [2466] 2467 2468 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789054 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36975 on: September 05, 2014, 12:01:16 pm »

The poor law-giver...
"Stop, in the name of the law!"- Soldiers.
"I am the law!" Law giver.

I did see my vampire civilian just have his head cut off by the militia commander once. Well... He couldn't solo the entire cavern.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Lim_Arcadia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36976 on: September 05, 2014, 12:46:24 pm »

Wanton Promiscuity.

18 Babies in the first year.

...Is that normal?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36977 on: September 05, 2014, 01:49:54 pm »

I have had the same weaponsmith create two artifact weapons. One was simply an iron spear, with no glitter to it, and the other was an iron shortsword. The shortsword had glitter, but it was iron, and at the time I was working with steel.

WAIIIIT, dwarves can't create two artifacts in their lifetime, only one. Unless you savescummed to reroll the artifact RNG.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36978 on: September 05, 2014, 02:19:28 pm »

I have had the same weaponsmith create two artifact weapons. One was simply an iron spear, with no glitter to it, and the other was an iron shortsword. The shortsword had glitter, but it was iron, and at the time I was working with steel.

WAIIIIT, dwarves can't create two artifacts in their lifetime, only one. Unless you savescummed to reroll the artifact RNG.

Pretty sure it was the same dwarf and I didn't reroll the artifact with the RNG since I didn't save-scum. He's the only dwarf I've got with any skill in weaponsmithing and the only one with the labour enabled. The iron spear buffed him to Legendary in the first place.

I'll have to double-check that later.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36979 on: September 05, 2014, 04:06:41 pm »

So I built a generation fort (although that's a bit of a misnomer since the only couple as of yet are lesbians) in order to test the activated world. Things were going fine until year 13 rolled around.

First an outpost liaison managed to find a way in despite my walled entrance, pausing the game to talk about pointless trade agreements. Then, as soon as he left, a growing tree collapsed above my dining room, creating a massive hole in the roof which could allow further intruders in. To top it all off the cave in caused my carpenter to be flung backward and land in the well where he drowned. Now his bloated corpse is stinking up the whole fort and I don't have any way to get it out or memorialize him, not to mention half the fort's on the verge of tantrumming because of him. Bloody trees, always plotting against dwarfkind.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36980 on: September 05, 2014, 06:11:06 pm »

So, I have a tomb, some contained undead, possibly some skulking necromancers, and a siege.  I think the  zombies are the lesser of the two evils, unless the necromancers is with them.  Then I'm a dumbass, and made the issue worse.

Awfully tempting . . .

---

-So, come trading season, the dwarves get inside and I begin to think the topside stationing was pointless this year.  Suddenly

'Curse all friends of nature!'

-Okay, cool.  Just some bowelves.  Unpause and charge.

-Ummm okay, two squads.  Its only a few polar bears . . .

-unpause, pull back a bit

-Gosh, you guys are serious.  Are those elves on giant snails?

-war ticks!  Yay!

It was a grand old brawl, and I think we had one serious casualty.  They made a point to pop up directly by our gate, which is off to the edge of the map, so it turned into a serious battle royale in about 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:03:10 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36981 on: September 06, 2014, 05:30:47 am »

Just had my first litter of three Grizzly bear cubs after getting a male and female grizzly bear in two separate elf caravans, two gigantic male cubs were born, and the female cub is also large, but she has an undesirable trait.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I cannot allow this genetic flaw to spread through the generations, she is being sent to the butcher as we speak. I am running a Spartan style fortress, no weak links.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36982 on: September 06, 2014, 11:11:40 am »

Just had my first litter of three Grizzly bear cubs after getting a male and female grizzly bear in two separate elf caravans, two gigantic male cubs were born, and the female cub is also large, but she has an undesirable trait.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I cannot allow this genetic flaw to spread through the generations, she is being sent to the butcher as we speak. I am running a Spartan style fortress, no weak links.
You'll end up with about ten of powerful male grizzlies, and still only one female grizzly if your luck stays the same

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36983 on: September 06, 2014, 12:04:36 pm »

My first fort is going fine. It has 19 dwarves now, no children. Located in a gentle, peaceful jungle, we're ticking over nicely.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36984 on: September 06, 2014, 12:20:53 pm »

Who said you couldn't chain up zoms (in 34.11)?  They lie.
oh man, all the fun I've been missing out on.

Movie inbound

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2683-zombiedrag
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:23:20 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36985 on: September 06, 2014, 12:27:51 pm »

Tried chaining up some wolves I caught so they could breed while my dwarves learned about training wolves, unfortunately it seems chained creatures can now attack dwarves if they're at semi-wild... not sure if that's a bug or what is supposed to happen... I stuck them back into the cage after they knocked one of my dwarves unconscious by scratching his head...

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36986 on: September 06, 2014, 12:30:06 pm »

Tried chaining up some wolves I caught so they could breed while my dwarves learned about training wolves, unfortunately it seems chained creatures can now attack dwarves if they're at semi-wild... not sure if that's a bug or what is supposed to happen... I stuck them back into the cage after they knocked one of my dwarves unconscious by scratching his head...

Leashing animals is kinda strange right now.  Whenver I leash a wild animal, it gets removed from the training list and has to be recaptured.   And, just like you saw, the game tends to treat leashed animals as inherently hostile if they aren't domestic.

Very strange.  I think there are bug reports in on both of those, but I'm not 100% sure on the second one.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36987 on: September 06, 2014, 12:57:41 pm »

Everyone dehydrated...
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36988 on: September 06, 2014, 01:21:16 pm »

Everyone dehydrated...

That's the shortest flash story I think I've ever seen.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36989 on: September 06, 2014, 02:11:09 pm »

Started a new fort, and am beginning to set up a temporary fort in a nearby hill to get my dwarves out of the weather.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 2464 2465 [2466] 2467 2468 ... 3835