Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 [2470] 2471 2472 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787581 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37035 on: September 08, 2014, 07:11:38 pm »

Even with the well, somebody dehydrated. Carp.

Yes, if you build a well over a pond with a carp in it and keep using the well, eventually the carp gets dehydrated.
Funny thing is, there IS a fish of some sort in the well. I don't think it's a carp, though.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37036 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:59 pm »

Even with the well, somebody dehydrated. Carp.

Yes, if you build a well over a pond with a carp in it and keep using the well, eventually the carp gets dehydrated.
Funny thing is, there IS a fish of some sort in the well. I don't think it's a carp, though.
You could try killing it, but the corpse would be a problem... Maybe flush it out and refill your reservoir?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37037 on: September 08, 2014, 11:00:31 pm »

So I foolishly didn't pay attention to my proximity to the volcano shaft when designating new bedrooms.
I lost 5 miners and walled in a brewer in the resulting panic to close off a portion of the new wing. I have 4 healthy miners left and one bed-ridden (cave in accident earlier).

Right after, some invading humans arrived. So I close the gate bridge, and I haven't pierced the caverns so my livestock are all slaughtered by the invaders (again), so I have no animals left.

Right when I see the gate close, I get an anouncement. The caverns have been discovered. *facepalm*

So meanwhile, I'm trying an experiment trying to form a breeding stock from captured wild monkeys. Two of the folks who dump the monkeys into the inescapable room (That injured the bed-ridden miner from earlier) fall in themselves, so they get in a fight with the monkeys. 3/5 monkeys dead, 1 brewer dead, 1 mason/craftsdwarf still running around like a chicken with his head cut off in the monkey room. I'm not lowering the bridge to let him out, because then the monkeys would get out.

After two uneventful years of prosperity with no deaths, I have several in a row.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37038 on: September 09, 2014, 01:05:20 am »

Set up a quantum stockpile in the center of a large room and built all the workshops around it.

My fortress has never been so efficient :D

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37039 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:00 am »

Tried to set up a vampire well, but instead, I just ended up with an armless, lungless, vampire who's now biting a fish's face off.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37040 on: September 09, 2014, 01:42:16 am »

Dealing with an overall decrease in FPS from 120 to ~40 or so due to forty dwarves being in the military and practicing and from a constant boom of animal births. I'm starting to have more sheep, grizzly bears, foxes, and cows than I know what to do with, and my stockpiles can't hold all of their bones, fur, and meat even if I were to slaughter them all except for two children of the proper genders to supply breeding pairs.

Meanwhile, I've been inviting the goblins to come and say "Hi!" by exporting loads of valuable goods, but I haven't been getting a single siege or ambush. Now I'm not quite sure if I embarked upon an island that just had me, the elves, and humans on it or not, but the kobolds have been coming by to say hello.

Perhaps I should just piss off the elves to give my militia some live training when going out and killing coyotes, badgers, and giant wild boar doesn't promise enough excitement.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37041 on: September 09, 2014, 08:14:15 am »

A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS OUT OF NOWHERE

I HAVE THIRTY SIX DWARVES BEFORE UNPAUSING

ONLY TWO ARE MILITARY

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME I'M A GOOD PERSON I RECYCLE

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37042 on: September 09, 2014, 08:15:59 am »

Thirty six is about 4 seasons in . . . y u no have bridge?  Or a door, they may not even have a BD.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:18:03 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37043 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:57 am »

I was just about to link my bridge to a lever T.T

Welp, time to reclaim.

Also: There were four crossbowgobbers, an axegobber, two lashgobbers and two pikegobbers. No BDs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37044 on: September 09, 2014, 08:31:48 am »

Its just the new siege system, where armies are out and about.  And you are weak and juicy, and goblins are jerks.  Its new Fun :P

Me?  This is an elf.  In a tree, in 34.11.  Get out the damn tree, elf, so I can kill you, so I can then kill other things, so we can stop this burgeoning tantrum wave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, its not paranoia if everything is out to get you.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37045 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:56 am »

-this post not pertinent to this thread-
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:00:57 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37046 on: September 09, 2014, 11:53:32 am »

Another dwarf received a barony too.

What just happened? :o

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37047 on: September 09, 2014, 11:57:03 am »

Another dwarf received a barony too.

What just happened? :o

Is your civ dead/near death? If so, occasionally dwarves will get unfilled noble positions. I think.

Although since it says inherited, maybe they were related to the previous holder of the title, and the holder has died?

Alsoeverythinginmyfortisfinetherearenozombiesoutsidenoit'sallfinecitizensgobacktoworkandignorethemoansfromoutsidethewalls.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:01:37 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37048 on: September 09, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »

I remember I had one dwarf become Queen near the start of year 2 of my fortress because my civ's capital was conquered by goblins. Did not find out that that's what happened until two years after that because I was under siege all the time.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37049 on: September 09, 2014, 04:38:16 pm »

My lord, I don't think I've ever seen this kind of recovery.
And two weeks later, conducting military drills, blind, but still able to walk and use one hand

FB came by and said 'HIIIIIII, GUYZ', and nearby dwarves melted.  But not this tough little dude.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 2468 2469 [2470] 2471 2472 ... 3835