Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789338 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37950 on: November 11, 2014, 10:08:49 pm »

My map has a 3-layers aquifier.
I made a mistake while draining the second layer.... and I had to retrieve a backup save.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37951 on: November 11, 2014, 10:19:30 pm »

Ugh... FPS just hit 1. After being at 30 for a while.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37952 on: November 12, 2014, 12:02:17 am »

Well... What was once a happy fortress, is now a !!Fortress!! I messed up one designation, got annoyed, covered the entire sky in magma, and dropped fifty dragons in the middle. Turned on fastdwarf too. Now people are just teleporting around, flipping out because all their buddies are dead. Wow. Go !!Firt!! This was actually so amusing to watch.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37953 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:25 am »

My map has a 3-layers aquifier.
I made a mistake while draining the second layer.... and I had to retrieve a backup save.
Oh no, the game crashed while saving. :'(

But I find some gems below second layer. So is it possible the third layer has a solid section?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37954 on: November 12, 2014, 12:25:09 am »

FUCK
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37955 on: November 12, 2014, 12:26:57 am »

A child boom you got there.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37956 on: November 12, 2014, 12:28:52 am »

It's less the children and more the fact that I have gotten exactly one semi-useful migrant, and he was a carpenter.

Did I mention they are all novices, too?
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37957 on: November 12, 2014, 01:27:33 am »

The shaft I dug actually goes uninterrupted from the surface to the magma sea, but when I breached that I also got multiple announcements about chasms and pits, and it looks like every cavern level is connected. Still haven't found any other metal than silver (and candy). Where's the deep metal you promised me, embark screen!?

And my fort's population tripled with the latest immigration wave. Have enough to fill all important functions now, and with the magma I can start a metal industry, hopefully without the magma crabs incinerating anyone.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:48:39 am by Skuggen »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37958 on: November 12, 2014, 02:18:30 am »

I learned that legendary climbers make a mockery of many ways I normally include in my entrance design.

Thought I was high.
Thought I was free.
Thought I was their divine destiny.

I was wrong.
This...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
changes...
everything...

Here comes the watermagma.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37959 on: November 12, 2014, 04:39:44 am »

Nine levels. Nine sodding levels. Of Aquifer. NINE.

It took the noble dwarves of Fastships almost four years to get through that aquifer. I came up with entirely new ways of pumping when I realised I'd run out of power. I learned how to make vertical axles. This is definitely an example of a personal best. When the pumps were finally no longer necessary, I put an axle through the whole ten levels of vertical aquifer staircases, and we have it running a millstone down there underground. Totally unnecessary, but it makes me cheerful...

During this dig through the never ending aquifer, the dwarves of Fastships killed not one but TWO minotaurs.

For those four years the dwarf liason from the Mountainhomes said "the world is the same as ever"... but this year, he's brought information of conquest, and we now have not one, not two, but four baronys in residence....

We are now carving out a huge dining hall, with aquifer fed wells, waterfalls and dwarfwash. And four large offices, four large dining rooms, and four large bedrooms. And of course, four large tombs. I'm so glad this didn't happen during the aquifer of hell. Nine. Sodding. Levels. I think I'm not going to do that again...

Anyone know how we might get all that bog iron out of the nine levels of aquifer? Because there's a lot of aquiferous iron in there.... Sigh.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37960 on: November 12, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Anyone know how we might get all that bog iron out of the nine levels of aquifer? Because there's a lot of aquiferous iron in there.... Sigh.

Strip mining.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37961 on: November 12, 2014, 08:18:53 pm »

Strip mining.
*a single dorf in an xX(<<elf leather thong>>)Xx stands by an upright bar with a dubious look on his face and a pickaxe in his hand*
"I dunno Cog, normally you're spot on about this stuff, but I still think we should have asked one of the girls to do this..."

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37962 on: November 12, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »

I created a new world with 2014 years of history. It generated really fast, in the blink of an eye. It turns out everybody died almost two millennia ago. Dwarfs, humans, elves, even goblins: long gone; only their tombs still stand, bleached by sun and eroded by rain. Beasts roam the lands and necromancers share their realms with creatures of the night.

But Armok send forth 15 dwarfs and their children to settle and conquer the Everlasting Planes in his name. They shall rule the heavens, the soil and the rock. Numkivish, Windlancer - our pride knows no fear!

This was the first time one of my dorfs was declared monarch right after unpausing. Usuall you get at least a little head start, even if your civilization is dead.
Just kids...

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37963 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:57 am »

Managed to get the magma smelters and a forge set up just in time for a blacksmith to be taken by a mood. He's still working, but since all he took was a single lead bar I'm not expecting much.
I uncovered what seems to be the only deep metal ore on the map: bismuthine. So I've got lead, silver and bismuth and no above-ground trees for my metal industry. Hope there are goblins nearby...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #37964 on: November 13, 2014, 01:34:06 am »

I finished my cistern and dug a drain into the caverns, and on the other side was four troglodyte skeletons, one buried under thirty helmet snake teeth, a giant cave swallow skeleton and mangled giant cave spider chitin. What happened?

And I had my second carpenter mood and make an identical willow door to the first one. That is both my carpenters making identical doors in two seasons.
Pages: 1 ... 2529 2530 [2531] 2532 2533 ... 3835