Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2567 2568 [2569] 2570 2571 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787498 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38520 on: December 12, 2014, 01:36:28 pm »

I have awful luck with moods. My first non possession in a while hit a dwarf that was already a legendary bone carver.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38521 on: December 12, 2014, 01:38:29 pm »

I have awful luck with moods. My first non possession in a while hit a dwarf that was already a legendary bone carver.
Previous fort, three words: lead breastplate posession.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #38522 on: December 12, 2014, 01:54:00 pm »

Just got a fell mood, one of my wood burners got turned into a pair of greaves...

well at least I didn't lose anyone with a legendary skill...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38523 on: December 12, 2014, 02:38:32 pm »

Finally reached the approximate-600 mark for number of wall spikes placed on the curtain wall. If they were placed anywhere else they would already be a forest of menacing spike weapon traps; but that would be cheating.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #38524 on: December 12, 2014, 02:51:49 pm »

"A giant menacing spike falls in a menacing spike forest with no one near to hear, does it kill a goblin?"

Also, hey there! I thought you died somewhere between 2013 and now, LoudWhispers.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38525 on: December 12, 2014, 02:53:21 pm »

Just made a few coins and learned that my civ has:
1 - destroyed the goblin civ in the area, which would explain why I haven't been attacked
2 - gained a necromancer as king, which can only spell Fun in the future...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38526 on: December 12, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »

Hi! There was a while where my internet was fried for a good few weeks and I've certainly used Bay12 less; very much deeaaad and out of energy - both myself and my computer. Less so now, thanks!

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38527 on: December 12, 2014, 04:19:37 pm »

Entrance corridor has a line of serrated discs at the end and the goblins are coming. Despite military alert, a foolish civilian dwarf came to the corridor and now he is standing right behind the discs, looking as goblins approach him and get torn apart. He is not paralyzed by fear, he probably simply finds it amusing.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38528 on: December 12, 2014, 05:12:22 pm »

Built a magma cannon.

I have so many impulse ramps the minecarts go OVER the magma ditch ffffuuuuuuu-

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38529 on: December 12, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »

Entrance corridor has a line of serrated discs at the end and the goblins are coming. Despite military alert, a foolish civilian dwarf came to the corridor and now he is standing right behind the discs, looking as goblins approach him and get torn apart. He is not paralyzed by fear, he probably simply finds it amusing.
Did you check his inventory for popcorn?

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38530 on: December 12, 2014, 06:30:53 pm »

Did you check his inventory for popcorn?
No...but he still stood there even when crossbowmen came. Took about 20 bolts without moving. Didn't even faint. Must be a bug.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38531 on: December 12, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »

You checked his job?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38532 on: December 12, 2014, 08:16:49 pm »

Made a world without demons and fooled around in the empty hell a bit. I even stumbled over an alternative way to mine slade, but it only really works in .34.11:

designate upward ramps dug directly under the surface. This digs one tile of slade and unveils the adjacent squares. However, it doesn't produce a ramp, it generates an _underground_ "open space" tile. The floor above is not broken, and the dug tile completely disappears, i.e. it leaves no floor behind. A slade boulder is generated but instantly falls to the level below - and gets stuck in an undiggable slade wall.
The normal floor can be channelled away after this, but that doesn't help either - you cannot dig into or build stairs into the walls below to retrieve the slade boulders. So in 0.40, this is useless.

However, in .34, you can simply use the deconstruction-teleport bug to pull the slade out of the walls: construct some floors close enough to the ramped-out area and deconstruct them again. All nearby items are teleported to the place where the deconstructing dwarf stands. I got a few dozen slade boulders this way and converted them into blocks, mechanisms and crafts (a slade sceptre weighs a very moderate 600 urists, about as much as a cinnabar boulder).

And no, you can't get slade warhammers without modding - slade is a stone and the only hammers that can be made from stone are _toy_ hammers (no, even moods won't get you around this).

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38533 on: December 12, 2014, 10:30:12 pm »

Made a world without demons and fooled around in the empty hell a bit. I even stumbled over an alternative way to mine slade, but it only really works in .34.11:

designate upward ramps dug directly under the surface. This digs one tile of slade and unveils the adjacent squares. However, it doesn't produce a ramp, it generates an _underground_ "open space" tile. The floor above is not broken, and the dug tile completely disappears, i.e. it leaves no floor behind. A slade boulder is generated but instantly falls to the level below - and gets stuck in an undiggable slade wall.
The normal floor can be channelled away after this, but that doesn't help either - you cannot dig into or build stairs into the walls below to retrieve the slade boulders. So in 0.40, this is useless.

However, in .34, you can simply use the deconstruction-teleport bug to pull the slade out of the walls: construct some floors close enough to the ramped-out area and deconstruct them again. All nearby items are teleported to the place where the deconstructing dwarf stands. I got a few dozen slade boulders this way and converted them into blocks, mechanisms and crafts (a slade sceptre weighs a very moderate 600 urists, about as much as a cinnabar boulder).

And no, you can't get slade warhammers without modding - slade is a stone and the only hammers that can be made from stone are _toy_ hammers (no, even moods won't get you around this).
A toy hammer heavier than a real warhammer, only in DF

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38534 on: December 12, 2014, 10:37:28 pm »

The dwarven baby strikes the dwarven mother in the head with his ☼slade toy hammer☼ and the injured part explodes into gore!
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 2567 2568 [2569] 2570 2571 ... 3835