Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2622 2623 [2624] 2625 2626 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787988 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39345 on: January 27, 2015, 11:52:17 am »

Yeah, it is.

Well, the human caravan had been on my map for over 1 year. Their civilization had been conquered so I guess that was why they couldn't leave the map.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39346 on: January 27, 2015, 01:33:05 pm »

I'm thinking about going back to 34.11 for a while. By the time I get a decent fortress going the FPS is so low I can't enjoy sieges.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39347 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:58 pm »

I'm thinking about going back to 34.11 for a while. By the time I get a decent fortress going the FPS is so low I can't enjoy sieges.

Unless you are using Masterwork, 34.11 is such a regression that it does not seem worthwhile to go back. Have you tried setting processor priority higher, atom smashing refuse, not having too many animals, and other standard fix attempts?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39348 on: January 27, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

Unless you are using Masterwork, 34.11 is such a regression that it does not seem worthwhile to go back. Have you tried setting processor priority higher, atom smashing refuse, not having too many animals, and other standard fix attempts?

Yep. Barely playable.

I'm trying masterwork again but I lost interest in it with all the changes.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39349 on: January 27, 2015, 02:44:24 pm »

What is your CPU?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39350 on: January 27, 2015, 03:06:11 pm »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39351 on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »

As slow as it is I am enjoying the new flanking tactics. Managed to preform a pincer manuver on the last siege and slaughter them with no casualties.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39352 on: January 27, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »

Two forgotten beasts, a theropod with webs and an an iron pick and a skinless iguana with suffocating poison dust, killed everyone in my fort but one person. The theropod chewed through my legendary military like tissue paper. Then they fought and killed each other.

The theropod got the pick earlier and was running around the cavern killing everything in sight. Also, the one remaining dwarf was a depressed legendary miner that I locked in the butcher's shop. I abandoned soon after.

This has been the most !!FUN!! I've had since my turn at Murdermachines.

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39353 on: January 27, 2015, 04:39:37 pm »

Just a small question;

I had a little siege come and within it were two dwarf corpses.  They were caged up but I cannot release them into my pit of doom.  So should I just sell them to a caravan? 
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39354 on: January 27, 2015, 04:49:30 pm »

Just a small question;

I had a little siege come and within it were two dwarf corpses.  They were caged up but I cannot release them into my pit of doom.  So should I just sell them to a caravan?
Build cages then hook them to levers.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39355 on: January 27, 2015, 05:14:02 pm »

New fort! Dwarves again, they named the fort 'Sacklanguage' which sucks. Oh well. I'm digging out my standard fort now.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39356 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »

I've been doing an above ground fort with no mining other than for slab production and I've yet had the need to get farms started since I have almost 5000 plant foods for my dwarves to eat.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39357 on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:33 pm »

Got my first vampire (for .40.x anyway... had plenty in .34)... and my second, in the same wave.  First one got sent out to fight a FB solo (she lost).

Second one has mindcontrolled everyone into making her mayor.  She's over 1000 years old.  All I need is another FB.

EDIT: She apparently went a little nuts.  Decided she was a miner all of a sudden.  Grabbed a pick and just started digging... she was in the magma before anyone could stop her.  Sad, really.  You never know when someone will just snap like that.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:45:16 pm by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39358 on: January 27, 2015, 09:16:16 pm »

A stupid undead eagle showed up and killed my awesome leopard while it was busy killing an elephant, and then it killed one of my caged elephants. Then it got knocked into a cage trap while my melee squad was bashing it to pieces.

I was a little worried when six undead gnomes showed up. They had only staved off one or two undead at a time until now, but they made out pretty well. Only one unlucky dwarf was injured. His finger was torn off and he lost an ear. Overall, the gnome corpses were turned to hash in record time.

Humorously, the only one who did not regard the situation as "truly horrifying" was a rather raw recruit to the marksdwarf squad. Her thought was "this cannot horrify me." Her bio says she is incredibly brave in the face of looming danger to the point of being foolish. Once she gets a bit more experience, she's getting the good equipment for sure.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39359 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:47 pm »

The baroness is almost perfect.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 2622 2623 [2624] 2625 2626 ... 3835