Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2838 2839 [2840] 2841 2842 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788235 times)

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42585 on: August 01, 2015, 05:42:56 pm »

My burial-enabled dwarf grabs someone's body part from the refuse stockpile and carries it to the owner's coffin. He drops it there and seconds after that carries it back to the same stockpile. Am I missing something? :S
Needs !!FUN!! to get through the working day

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42586 on: August 01, 2015, 05:45:04 pm »

Check for necrophilia in his personality/preferences...

"Urist likes corpses for their slimy flakiness..."
One wheel short of a wagon

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42587 on: August 01, 2015, 07:55:13 pm »

It's probably a sign of bad character that it amuses me to set outside statue gardens up where the dwarves all get stunned and sick from the unholy murk...

Nah.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42588 on: August 02, 2015, 12:27:20 am »

Weredwarf that killed most of my fort was caught in a cage. I freed him, with the intention of having him train safely in his own confined room for the rest of time. Then they took too long to free him, and I wasn't paying attention. And he killed a lot of dwarves. Then he died to an undead cavy infestation outside. Oh well.

So I had 3 dwarves locked down on cleanup duty.

Elves came, got butchered by the one undead cavy not in a cage. Mamotkebul Ktiungeven, the medium sized semi-aquatic rodent zombie. She is gigantic, with incredible muscles. And a lot of rotting. Thanks, Mamot.

Then dwarven immegrants came - put on house arrest to run past Mamot and get inside. I expected survival rate of 0, but hey! they got 6! we're up to 9 dwarves now, and they're all on cleanup duty.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42589 on: August 02, 2015, 07:43:09 am »

A weredeer attacked; fortunately, the only unarmed dwarves it encountered it killed outright. Then, to my delight, it returned to human form and a lone, unskilled dwarf chased it into a corner and pummeled it until the militia showed up to behead it.

Hilltop sun training continues; fewer dwarves are now nauseated by the sun, but the statue garden there is now a complete mess of cast-off rags (slowly but surely being dumped down the magma dump chute, along with hundreds of unbutcherable skeletons, to the horror of my legendary weaver, dyer, clothier and leatherworker, each of whom has lost a handful of their numerous masterpieces this way). Besides the clothes, the ground is trampled into a red dirt mess until I get around to building gold roads there (the fort is overflowing with gold), all covered in vomit and bird blood (hunters and militia (who train there) like to take pot-shots).

More dwarves become used to tragedy with every triumph I hold in the Arena of Joyous Death for Heinous Enemies of the Glorious Dwarven Way. I think that next time I hold one, I'll try and station my resident vampires atop hatches covering the magma dump chute, when they can't prey on sleeping dwarves on the way because they're all locked in the spectator area of the Arena.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42590 on: August 02, 2015, 11:40:38 am »

I was digging a collasping trap and I had a spark of illumination:  Put a giant cave spider behind a door and trap the ever-loving dickens out of the area.

Then I can catch  the FBs and put them in cages and hook those up to levers and have happy funtimes.

Thisll be more fun then being able to cage undead!  maybe.  That was fun, having undead in cages at my trade depot

pedit:  might have worked.  Maybe, with more traps and less dust.  but the cave-in trap always comes through.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:35:44 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42591 on: August 02, 2015, 12:24:58 pm »

My latest fort is called Windstockade. (There's wind and windmills, and I guess that log wall will serve as a "stockade.")

It's going to be an above-ground castle/village combined with a compact underground fort for food production and building materials. So far it's been a pretty fun place with several goblin sieges and werebeast attacks per year.

Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Barracks & Agriculture (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Great Hall (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bedrooms (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quantum Stockpiles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Workshops (click to show/hide)

It's funny how the dorfs are refusing to clean their puke from the above-ground buildings -- this town is gonna be one filthy hellhole.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42592 on: August 02, 2015, 01:12:10 pm »

Had a moody dwarf craft a flask, making him a legendary metalworker.  Cool, nothing too impressive.

"On the flask is an image of Erib Glazesaved the dwarf in green glass."  Who the hell is that?

Into Legends Viewer we go, to discover that Erib Glazesaved was a former king of my civ, and that his goal was immortality.  Some 850 years before my fort was founded, he became obsessed with his own mortality and sought to extend his life by any means.  Some fifty years later, a failure and most likely a topic of gossip if not an outright laughingstock, he died of old age.

I can only imagine the dwarves of the Roughness of Blots have made a legend of him, in that way that people do... "Be careful, or you'll end up like old Erib Glazesaved!  Is that what you want?  Crazy as a bat and alone?"
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42593 on: August 02, 2015, 05:47:50 pm »

Welcome to Fleshrots: Triggat fortress.

It is raining abhorrent goo.

Still.

It causes dizziness, nausea, full-body blisters, horror, and despair.

On a different note entirely, we have a woodworker who has inexplicably become immensely obese, progressively. He had a thin frame when he got here, and has advanced to "belarded". Which I assume is ridiculously fat.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42594 on: August 02, 2015, 05:52:25 pm »

You using some weird mods, or is the goo just an evil cloud thingy?

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42595 on: August 02, 2015, 05:59:07 pm »

Had a moody dwarf craft a flask, making him a legendary metalworker.  Cool, nothing too impressive.

"On the flask is an image of Erib Glazesaved the dwarf in green glass."  Who the hell is that?

Into Legends Viewer we go, to discover that Erib Glazesaved was a former king of my civ, and that his goal was immortality.  Some 850 years before my fort was founded, he became obsessed with his own mortality and sought to extend his life by any means.  Some fifty years later, a failure and most likely a topic of gossip if not an outright laughingstock, he died of old age.

I can only imagine the dwarves of the Roughness of Blots have made a legend of him, in that way that people do... "Be careful, or you'll end up like old Erib Glazesaved!  Is that what you want?  Crazy as a bat and alone?"

Or, perhaps, he'll wind up the stuff of legend in a good way. Like this guy (http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/tab1.htm), who also had a thing about immortality. I find it interesting that your DF game has something so similar.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42596 on: August 02, 2015, 07:05:57 pm »

You using some weird mods, or is the goo just an evil cloud thingy?

This is just vanilla evil weather here. Though I am using a modded civilization of creatures called Triggats. But that has nothing to do with the weather. Might have to do with the horror and despair the weather causes them, though.

EDIT: I was starting to doubt my assumptions that I was in range of a necromancer tower, but I guess we definitely are.

A nice little invasion of 58 zombies and 2 necromancers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:51:42 pm by Skribbblie »
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

HDSlugMoar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42597 on: August 02, 2015, 11:37:56 pm »

Well, today i tried...changing...the objects section of raws. Well, it didn't end well. I tried to create a "Crazed Human" by copy-pasting stuff from the creatures, 'Floating Guts' and 'Elephant' as well as bits and pieces from others. I embarked to an old fort, but got tired of waiting for them to wander in. So the next time i created a new world (5 years history, pocket sized), and copy pasted my creature into all biomes (or thought i did), then increased their population to 100000:500000 (I have no idea what these numbers are). I use the "play now" thing then embark. I think to myself "well those numbers are quite large, i can't imagine it will take long to find some.", and not looking at anything else i wait for them to appear, none do so i decide to just make a fort and see what kind of stuff i messed up...thats when i realized...

I had no citizens. Instead i had 7 hydras with no skills except some military stuff and "Grand Master Observer". I can assign labors but they don't do anything. There were no positions for managers, militia commanders, etc. because my hydras were classified as Livestock, and had No Job after their name.

Tried a second embark with plan carefully, filled in skills then went to animals. Many of the normal ones were gone and instead there were wagons, wagons, nothing, chimera, centaur, centauress, nothing (male), and nothing (female), costing 1 point apiece. I get 100-200 of each and embarked but the game crashes, might have to use less next time.

Third embark, one hydra shows "fish" for a job, none of the others have any jobs. Then i get the message (name of hydra) cancels fish, TO INJURED, but has no injuries.

Finally tried adventure mode, instead of dwarves there are hydras, instead of elves there are sea serpents who can't get of of their trees. And instead of humans there are mermen and mermaids who drowned immediately after the game starts because the live in towns but breathe water.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42598 on: August 03, 2015, 12:42:08 am »

Remember, kids, duplicating raws makes fun things happen.

There should be a competition to see who can make the most fucked-up-yet-still-stable raws, and then everyone can download that version of the game and play dorfmode as enormous fish-cacti with no nervous systems.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42599 on: August 03, 2015, 03:47:48 am »

Ah, does it sort of shift reality sideways a bit, duplicating them? I always thought it would just make tiny doubling glitches.

Wondering about having a fort with my minotaur civ. Seems like cheating. Oh, and HDSlug, look up "Whats the strangest, wierdest [sic] thing you ever modded into DF" or somesuch. It might suit you.
Pages: 1 ... 2838 2839 [2840] 2841 2842 ... 3835