Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 [2986] 2987 2988 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861687 times)

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44775 on: December 22, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »

Nah, since cave crocodiles can lay so many eggs at once you want to grab as many as you can before you start breeding them or you might only get one batch hatching.

Picked up another male croc, and 3 female giant olms. The giant toads are troublesome and refuse to come near my traps.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44776 on: December 22, 2015, 05:12:53 pm »

Okay, I gave up; from now on the macegoblin who was moved to tears after receiving a single sock shall be known as "Dobby."

Master gave Dobby a sock. And a full set of steel plate mail. And a masterwork steel mace.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44777 on: December 22, 2015, 05:17:56 pm »

Another male croc came along, but he isn't heading for the traps. Fine by me, I've got all the males I need, I just wish he'd get off the map so something else could come on. In other news, I've made 161 of the 300 masterwork large silver axe blades I need for my goblin-grinder upgrade, and a hunter just went into a fey mood and claimed a craftsdwarf shop.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44778 on: December 22, 2015, 05:21:11 pm »

Is there a way to make intelligent wild creatures a part of your fort? So I can just recruit some of these wren men wandering around my fort?

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44779 on: December 22, 2015, 05:25:50 pm »

It's hasn't happened to me, but others have reported animal men as tavern guests. It might be possible for one to put in a petition for long-term residency.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44780 on: December 22, 2015, 05:29:13 pm »

Those are the ones that have already been assimilated by a civ, not local animal people coming by for a visit.  It would be damn neat if they would, though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Trappington

• Bay Watcher
  • Micromanager for Hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44781 on: December 22, 2015, 05:37:46 pm »

So I just had a dwarf go into a fey mood and make a wooden figurine >:( .  Well I guess I better look at the description anyway, might find something interesting...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:o ....  ??? ....  :-\ ... >:(

So I have a goblin king eh?  Well I might just have to make a remedy for that.  PREPARE THE MAGMA!!!  We will lure this interloper to his death.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44782 on: December 22, 2015, 05:43:05 pm »

Those are the ones that have already been assimilated by a civ, not local animal people coming by for a visit.  It would be damn neat if they would, though.

Oh right. Important distinction!

So I have a goblin king eh?  Well I might just have to make a remedy for that.  PREPARE THE MAGMA!!!  We will lure this interloper to his death.

Check Legends. You never know. Imagine if Cacame's player had killed him before learning more about his backstory!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44783 on: December 22, 2015, 05:53:58 pm »

A useless dwarf child had a useless crafting mood and went stark raving mad because he didn't want to choose any of the countless types of leather we had. It was going to be a wood craft anyway.

My announcements feed is now flooded with spam of "Urist McInsaneChild cancels pickup equipment: Too insane."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44784 on: December 22, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »

Finally got a male giant olm! The breeding program may now commence!

Quick question: does making paper out of plants get you the seeds back? I've finally gotten around to booting up the textile industry and I'm thinking about starting my paper industry while I'm at it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44785 on: December 22, 2015, 06:31:11 pm »

Quick question: does making paper out of plants get you the seeds back? I've finally gotten around to booting up the textile industry and I'm thinking about starting my paper industry while I'm at it.

Yeah. You process the plants into a slurry at a quern or mill which produces [plant name] slurry and [plant name] seeds. The slurry is then pressed into paper at a screw press.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44786 on: December 22, 2015, 06:40:09 pm »

Excellent, then my only concern will be to make sure that neither industry ends up hogging the crops. Let's see....1 10x10 farm that produces hemp in the spring, summer and fall and 1 10x10 farm that produces pig tails in the summer and fall....that should be enough to feed 2 industries, right?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44787 on: December 22, 2015, 06:52:07 pm »

Excellent, then my only concern will be to make sure that neither industry ends up hogging the crops. Let's see....1 10x10 farm that produces hemp in the spring, summer and fall and 1 10x10 farm that produces pig tails in the summer and fall....that should be enough to feed 2 industries, right?
The one time I managed to get some rope reed plots aboveground -this was in 34.11 or so -I wound up swimming in thread and cloth. My clothier worked all the time. We had tooons of high quality clothes for daaaaaaays. Scrolling by the thread category in the stocks screen caused lag.

Aboveground crop plots seem really productive, in my experience, was what I was saying. If you seem to be having a supply problem with what you're currently using, you could build more hemp plots or use potash for fertilizer.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44788 on: December 22, 2015, 06:59:12 pm »

Oh, no, like I said I just started up the textile industry. I haven't run into any problems yet, I'm just looking to prevent them from occurring. I've seen how fast a farm can churn out surface plants, and how quickly the textile industry can gobble them up; it's the latter that has me worried.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #44789 on: December 22, 2015, 07:47:49 pm »

After Fellhex shrugged off probing attacks by humans and elves, two ambush squads of humans with elven names and wooden weapons arrived.

Three were caged, and one escaped the map alive.  None of my citizens were injured.  I think the elven civilization learned the wrong lesson from their first attack's crushing failure.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.
Pages: 1 ... 2984 2985 [2986] 2987 2988 ... 3836