Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3021 3022 [3023] 3024 3025 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788187 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45330 on: January 08, 2016, 02:49:47 pm »

My elf doctor applied for full citizenship.

<enables butchery labour>

EDIT: Also. Ohnoes! It has begun! A dwarven baby was born, the first of my 121 citizens who LIKES CATS. Initiating catsplosion containment protocol. My new Elf Butcher got work to do.

EDIT2: my elf deserves a beard. In her profile: "she feels satisfied after felling a tree"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:25:43 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45331 on: January 08, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »

I just had a hill titan come visit my fort.

"A towering feathered rhinoceros beetle. It has wings... Beware its fire!"

Fire. Why ...
I closed up all entrances to the fortress to keep my military from becoming crispy meat in steel cans, and what do you think happened?

That hill titan went straight for the vulcano, diving into it like it was some kind of hot tub in mid winter.

Not sure what exactly it was thinking though siiince...it quickly proved to not be magma proof, melting to death in not too long of a time.
Maybe it just became so depressed when it saw that I close all entrances that it decided that a hot melty !!FUN!! death was the only appropiate way to go for a hill titan.

EDIT:
Ok, trading is nearly impossible in a big fortress with a big tavern. I had my broker "Socialize!" for a long time, then she went to the depot after an eternity, either didn't even make it there or only stayed there very shortly - being interrupted by the need to drink. After that she went and ate something ... then she went to drink AGAIN ... aaaand follow that she is back to "Socialize!"...
Not that I had anything meaningful to trade, just wanted to sell the elves some wooden stuff, but still, this is getting quite a bit too annoying. When I request a trader at the depot that should be higher priority than "Socialize!".

She finally made it just as I'm writing this post. Can't be long before the caravan leaves.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:23:50 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45332 on: January 08, 2016, 05:29:07 pm »

Not sure what exactly it was thinking though siiince...it quickly proved to not be magma proof, melting to death in not too long of a time.
Maybe it just became so depressed when it saw that I close all entrances that it decided that a hot melty !!FUN!! death was the only appropiate way to go for a hill titan.

I wouldn't be surprised if it tried to path into your fort via any magma projects you might have started. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45333 on: January 08, 2016, 05:39:45 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if it tried to path into your fort via any magma projects you might have started. :V
This. You might've just dodged a big bullet. If that hill titan had been magma-safe and got into your fort via the volcano....
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #45334 on: January 08, 2016, 05:41:24 pm »

Remember the dragon that leapt into a magma channel to sneak into a fortress?

It died... I think there is a bug with fireproof/firebreathing/magmaproof/magmabreathing or whatever. I know that dragon are practically impervious to heat, yet cannot breathe in magma. Perhaps this is very different, though, since titans cannot be drowned.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45335 on: January 08, 2016, 05:44:47 pm »

Two children got killed by undead, then zombified by a necromancer, then killed again (very messily) by the militia. I thought I had atom smashed their remains but now, almost a year later haulers have found the body parts again. It seems they are performing some sort of ritual with the pieces; a steady procession travels back and forth between an empty coffin and the refuse pile, carrying bones from one location to another and then back again.

I suspect my dwarves have fallen prey to a nefarious dark cult, using dead citizens for some dark purpose.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Addemup

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McJudgemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #45336 on: January 08, 2016, 05:53:54 pm »

Two children got killed by undead, then zombified by a necromancer, then killed again (very messily) by the militia. I thought I had atom smashed their remains but now, almost a year later haulers have found the body parts again. It seems they are performing some sort of ritual with the pieces; a steady procession travels back and forth between an empty coffin and the refuse pile, carrying bones from one location to another and then back again.

I suspect my dwarves have fallen prey to a nefarious dark cult, using dead citizens for some dark purpose.

That... that can happen?

Wow. DF is SO complex.
Cancels Get a Life: Interrupted by the Internet

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #45337 on: January 08, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »

Oh, a dwarf made an artifact, not big deal we already have truckload of them after so many years, but let look at what it is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That idiot, he wasted a part of the most precious stock on a stupid ... cabinet ?

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #45338 on: January 08, 2016, 06:00:45 pm »

That... that can happen?

Wow. DF is SO complex.
No, but the best part of DF is finding a bug and giving a reasonable explanation.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45339 on: January 08, 2016, 06:08:46 pm »

Oh, a dwarf made an artifact, not big deal we already have truckload of them after so many years, but let look at what it is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That idiot, he wasted a part of the most precious stock on a stupid ... cabinet ?
Always forbid your candy so the kids can't reach it, unless you want to eat some yourself.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
« Reply #45340 on: January 08, 2016, 06:09:46 pm »

I'm provoking a war with the elves. Not enough goblins or beasts have attacked (in a world with triple the numbers of megabeasts and titans, at that).

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45341 on: January 08, 2016, 06:27:26 pm »

This. You might've just dodged a big bullet. If that hill titan had been magma-safe and got into your fort via the volcano....
I thought so, too, but the thing is ... my magma projects are closed off from the vulcano via a drawbridge. I made sure they couldn't be accessed from outside because of the magma crabs already, having half the forest outside go up in flames was already bad enough, didn't want the fortress to suffer the same fate from the inside out.

The titan just swam around in the magma, didn't actually "dive" in it. Maybe I should've worded it differently... O:
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45342 on: January 08, 2016, 06:35:26 pm »

I have just arrived to my newest fortress.  Things are started to look great!  In fact, it has rained elf blood three times in the past five minutes.  Surely this is not a sign of this fort's bright future?
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45343 on: January 08, 2016, 06:38:28 pm »

Oh great, my volcano fortress has struck native gold, galena, and sphalerite.

Nothing we can use for armor yet. Not one thing. There is so little metal in this area, it's pathetic.

AND GOD FORBID I HAVE A FORTRESS WITHOUT ZINC! THE MOST IMPORTANT METAL OF ALL!

At least I can use all the lead and zinc for cheap barrels, and the silver makes decent bludgeoning weaponry for murdering visiting scholars who have books.

EDIT: MALACHITE! WE'RE SAVED FROM FULL MEDIOCRITY!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:45:05 pm by Skribbblie »
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45344 on: January 08, 2016, 06:54:50 pm »

I have just arrived to my newest fortress.  Things are started to look great!  In fact, it has rained elf blood three times in the past five minutes.  Surely this is not a sign of this fort's bright future?

Future's so bright, ya gotta wear a raincoat?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 3021 3022 [3023] 3024 3025 ... 3835