Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3064 3065 [3066] 3067 3068 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789536 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45975 on: February 04, 2016, 12:06:39 am »

I haven't even breached the cavern layer yet! I'm proabably using the wrong technique (I just dug a stairwell separate from the main stairwell and then just kept digging straight down like you shouldn't do in Minecraft).

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45976 on: February 04, 2016, 12:17:53 am »

Try automining whatever veins you hit on that staircase. That'll improve your chances of finding the caverns significantly.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #45977 on: February 04, 2016, 12:51:55 am »

Huh... I haven't had migrant the last few seasons, and now I get a "some migrants have arrived, despite the danger". The last dwarven caravan showed up and then immediately disappeared, too. Any ideas why? I have a lot of siege gobbos sitting in traps... might that be why? But there's no *SIEGE* status in the top bar...

The caravans will run away in terror if they see sentient corpses. Make sure you don't have any corpses or corpse stockpiles between you and where the wagons enter the map.

You'll get a 'despite the danger' notice if a lot of dwarves have died; it doesn't have to be a siege. It's possible the caravans brought back stories of the tcorpses that scared them off, I dunno if that might be a factor too.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45978 on: February 04, 2016, 08:31:19 am »

There's something underground that WON'T STOP BURNING. Is there a DFhack command I can use to fix this?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45979 on: February 04, 2016, 08:57:44 am »

Dump water on it?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tatjam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45980 on: February 04, 2016, 03:24:53 pm »

Finished setting up a minecart system for my first time. Really rewarding :)

No more smelters full of bars!

YHVH

• Bay Watcher
  • Batshit Insane God
    • View Profile
« Reply #45981 on: February 04, 2016, 04:21:52 pm »

So I unretired a fledgling fort of mine, and the fortress has a bunch of hostile cave swallow people milling around in the fort. Meanwhile, someone spilled beer, and the dwarves are removing their clothing.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:26:18 pm by YHVH »
So, now I have a moat filled with magma AND patrolled by ghosts. It is quite nice actually.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45982 on: February 04, 2016, 05:00:19 pm »

So I unretired a fledgling fort of mine, and the fortress has a bunch of hostile cave swallow people milling around in the fort. Meanwhile, someone spilled beer, and the dwarves are removing their clothing.

Sounds like a normal dorfy party to me.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #45983 on: February 04, 2016, 08:04:40 pm »

Sounds like a normal dorfy party to me.
Sigged.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45984 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:07 pm »

Well......interesting day.

I just had a werekangaroo show up. So I set the military on him, and nobody is bit. He did manage to pretty close to break the shield-arm of my militia commander, though. (One wounded arm, and he blacked out from pain. Darnit. Guess I need to find a marginally pain-resistant dwarf.)

However, he took forever to kill. The novice hammerdwarves were just beating him into soup---by the time he died (From bleeding out---probably from the militia commander's only hit, which "clove asunder" the werebeast's neck) not a single piece of his body was less than yellow damaged, and most of it was red. I kept getting "cloven asunder"'s from the axedwarves...must've nearly severed the poor thing's limbs....and his HEAD.

The question, though, is...can werebeast-ism be transmitted through biting? As in, one my hammerdwarves (Wrestler, technically, dabbling hammer skill only) took a bite out the werebeast's side or some such....bit through the muscle and tore it. Now I gotta wonder if he's gonna go all evil-demon-bloodthirsty-kangaroo of doom on me.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45985 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:16 pm »

The question, though, is...can werebeast-ism be transmitted through biting? As in, one my hammerdwarves (Wrestler, technically, dabbling hammer skill only) took a bite out the werebeast's side or some such....bit through the muscle and tore it. Now I gotta wonder if he's gonna go all evil-demon-bloodthirsty-kangaroo of doom on me.

In Soviet Russia, werebeast is bitten by you? Normally it works the other way around.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45986 on: February 04, 2016, 10:24:39 pm »

Well......interesting day.

I just had a werekangaroo show up. So I set the military on him, and nobody is bit. He did manage to pretty close to break the shield-arm of my militia commander, though. (One wounded arm, and he blacked out from pain. Darnit. Guess I need to find a marginally pain-resistant dwarf.)

However, he took forever to kill. The novice hammerdwarves were just beating him into soup---by the time he died (From bleeding out---probably from the militia commander's only hit, which "clove asunder" the werebeast's neck) not a single piece of his body was less than yellow damaged, and most of it was red. I kept getting "cloven asunder"'s from the axedwarves...must've nearly severed the poor thing's limbs....and his HEAD.

That's a really good question. The syndrome seems limited to transmission by successful bite attacks by the werebeast, but you never know.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45987 on: February 04, 2016, 10:49:36 pm »

Someone needs to mod that in.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #45988 on: February 04, 2016, 11:21:09 pm »

In Soviet Russia, werebeast is bitten by you? Normally it works the other way around.
Sigged.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #45989 on: February 04, 2016, 11:31:47 pm »

That's a really good question. The syndrome seems limited to transmission by successful bite attacks by the werebeast, but you never know.
A were-beast bite that only bruises still transmits the infection, so I have to assume it is entirely based on the act of being bitten.
Pages: 1 ... 3064 3065 [3066] 3067 3068 ... 3835