Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3066 3067 [3068] 3069 3070 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788782 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46005 on: February 05, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »

From Toady's latest dev blog entry, it sounds like he's going to go ahead and release .06 before long, which ought to fix the hoarding of objects made from preferred materials. I'm looking forward to that release.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46006 on: February 05, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »

Me too, although for me it's the exported wealth thingy that has me most hyped.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46007 on: February 05, 2016, 05:04:03 pm »

For me the most important fix would be one related to caged sapients (if goblins could be characterized so) and ability to move them, like to a baiting area or prison.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46008 on: February 05, 2016, 06:14:23 pm »

Im super pumped for the detailing. The idea of stamping my personal fortress 'logo/brandname' government symbol on everything i make for export and tiny details captures the imagination. Sentients for breeding programmes is pretty sweet too, finally get some research done on trogg fear mechanics as well as troll deterrents (killing some captive trolls infront of other trolls until sufficiently scared, then release and let them spread the word and not go a mile of another dwarf)

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46009 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:38 pm »

I love the idea of choosing what your artists depict as well. It'l be great to be able to choose to make statues of gods for temples, statues of my dwarves for their bedrooms and tombs, and statues of my great victory's for my great halls.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46010 on: February 05, 2016, 09:00:37 pm »

I'm having my first ever loyalty cascade!
I guess I didn't make the tavern big enough, because with over 60 visitors plus all my residents and long-term visitors crammed into a 6*12 space, it was crawling room only. Somebody must have started a brawl, and it's spilled through my fort into my masonry zone, into my hospital, my breweries, the temples and tombs, etc. Mostly it's the mercenaries bashing on my citizens with shields, but my citizens are bashing on each other with books and pickaxes, too.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46011 on: February 05, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »

The question, though, is...can werebeast-ism be transmitted through biting? As in, one my hammerdwarves (Wrestler, technically, dabbling hammer skill only) took a bite out the werebeast's side or some such....bit through the muscle and tore it. Now I gotta wonder if he's gonna go all evil-demon-bloodthirsty-kangaroo of doom on me.

In Soviet Russia, werebeast is bitten by you? Normally it works the other way around.
First: In Soviet Russia  the military  my fort  the circus Dwarf Fortress, werebeast is bitten by you? Normally it works the other way around.
Fixed that for you.

Dang---now I need a fort re-name. SOVIET.....fortress? Realm? What do you call a place that is not Russia but is still hilariously backwards and economically messed up?

And can werebeast-ism be transmitted by non-piercing bites? Are we certain on this? If so......crap. I checked for bites in the combat log, found one, dealt with it, and saved. Do I need to fear anyone who has not apparently been wounded?

This seems to call for some Dwarven Science! Including, not magma, but the potential for lethal, fort-ending cascades of murderous.....marsupials. Well, then, RNG.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46012 on: February 05, 2016, 09:54:23 pm »

Dang---now I need a fort re-name. SOVIET.....fortress? Realm? What do you call a place that is not Russia but is still hilariously backwards and economically messed up?

Hmm. Give it a name like The Union of Councils, I'm fairly certain "soviet" translates to something like "council" so... o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #46013 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:01 pm »

I guess I didn't make the tavern big enough, because with over 60 visitors plus all my residents and long-term visitors crammed into a 6*12 space, it was crawling room only. Somebody must have started a brawl, and it's spilled through my fort into my masonry zone, into my hospital, my breweries, the temples and tombs, etc. Mostly it's the mercenaries bashing on my citizens with shields, but my citizens are bashing on each other with books and pickaxes, too.

It's probably not a loyalty cascade, it is almost definitely 'just' a bar brawl. They can spread and get pretty nasty, but they eventually die down. A loyalty cascade doesn't end until practically everyone is dead.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46014 on: February 05, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »

It's probably not a loyalty cascade, it is almost definitely 'just' a bar brawl. They can spread and get pretty nasty, but they eventually die down. A loyalty cascade doesn't end until practically everyone is dead.
Are bar brawls typically lethal? 15 dead already.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46015 on: February 06, 2016, 06:26:55 am »

I was attacked by a Fire-Breathing Titan.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I sent my Mercenary Squad after it, and i stationed my marks-dwarfs near the fort entrance. It set my forest on fire, but my mercenary were able to severely wound it, it then flew away from them towards my  marksdwarves, who prompty shot it, with the killing shot being fired by a grand-master who promptly became legendary, and named his crossbow for good measure. Three of the mercenary were burned to death, but fortunately no citizens died. Unfortunately the fire would go on to engulf my entire map, converting my vast forest into a moonscape.

This would not normally be a problem, but i have no coal on my map and i have yet to bring up(or even discover) magma, so my smelting industry is in peril. The destruction of my windmills has also prevented my from milling the cave wheat, worsening an already tight food situation. I have started brewing booze to keep my dwarfs alive till the winter helmet harvest, as well as slaughtering a large chunk of my livestock. My fortress has been shaking out of comfortable success and once the windmills have been rebuilt(using the small amount of wood that survived the fire), i will begin work on brining magma up from the very deep down magma sea to fuel my industry, as well as building an underground tree farm(to supply the carbon for steelmaking).

I also lost a dwarf after two blind cave ogres made it into the fortress from the depths, fortunately an off-duty military dwarf was passing by, who killed it.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46016 on: February 06, 2016, 07:46:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Tundra Titan Smastaugok Dumobog has come!  A huge dimetrodon composed of flame.  It has an enormous shell and it emanates an aura of giving and kindness.

Giving and kindness, yes, no one died at least.

!!logs!!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46017 on: February 06, 2016, 09:26:35 am »

!!hugs!!  more like
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #46018 on: February 06, 2016, 12:12:33 pm »

Quote from: flabort
Are bar brawls typically lethal? 15 dead already.

Ooh, no, they aren't. I mena, sometimes a lucky shot will fell a particularly weak or poor fighter...

Maybe it is an actual loyalty cascade. They're way less common this update since most of the bugs that lead to them have been fixed.

Do you know what kicked it off?
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46019 on: February 06, 2016, 12:27:18 pm »

If it is a loyalty cascade, you'd be tipped off by messages about dwarves being interrupted upon encountering dwarves on the other side of the cascade. Additionally, assuming the wiki's info isn't outdated on this, a few of the involved dwarves will wind up no longer subject to receiving orders from you due to no longer being loyal to the fort.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 3066 3067 [3068] 3069 3070 ... 3835