Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5852962 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #48705 on: October 25, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »

We murdered a goblin scholar who came to our fort to study.

The elves visiting to play musics killed all the goblin musicians from another band.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48706 on: October 25, 2016, 04:40:40 pm »

The fortress of Boatarmor has been founded. I wonder if this will be as crazy as that other place that had boat as the first part of its name.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48707 on: October 25, 2016, 05:54:33 pm »

The fortress of Boatarmor has been founded. I wonder if this will be as crazy as that other place that had boat as the first part of its name.

Possibly. Likely not
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48708 on: October 25, 2016, 06:12:20 pm »

Possibly. Likely not

Most likely not. You can't top a dozen insane overseers with one inexperienced player. Maybe I should clone the save?
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48709 on: October 25, 2016, 06:57:15 pm »

Also, I had this shit happen.

Wereantelope attack!

LOOK AT ALL THE INJURED!

Oh shit, gotta contain dat outbreak

.... Alright, i think I have it under contr...
ANOTHER WERECREATURE?

Ok, ok, We took it out easily enou... Wait, why is there smoke...

FIRE FIRE..

THe forest my fortress was in burnt down.... And I gave up for lack of wood
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48710 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:04 am »

How is that a reason to give up? Not friendly with magma?

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48711 on: October 26, 2016, 09:43:29 am »

Wasn't at a magma forge stage yet.

Plus, There goes all my plant gathering, my grass, the wildlife.... ext

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48712 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:09 am »

All of that grows back you know, even the trees!

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48713 on: October 26, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »

There's also the little fact that all of my inhabitants are either Dead, turned into a werebeast, dying, or huddled up in the corner in a fetal position, also known as "Horrified", or are drowning in their own tears....

I wonder if drowning in tears is possible. It should be.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48714 on: October 26, 2016, 03:14:25 pm »

There's also the little fact that all of my inhabitants are either Dead, turned into a werebeast, dying, or huddled up in the corner in a fetal position, also known as "Horrified", or are drowning in their own tears....

I wonder if drowning in tears is possible. It should be.

Sounds like time for a werefort to me :D

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48715 on: October 27, 2016, 07:05:41 am »

After a Weremoose attack, my fort's last months started resembling a splatter film. Not only did the weremoose kill about 10 of my dwarves, he injured a lot more. I tried containing them in time, but I missed one, which then proceeded to kill off half my fort (and sadly infected no one). A couple of massacres later (mostly against animals and any surviving dwarves), my only not infected dwarf is a baby and the fort's population is 2 weremooses, the baby I mentioned and 5 elven and human artists which really picked the wrong place to migrate...

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48716 on: October 27, 2016, 06:04:09 pm »

I was building an epic library, the whole fort was established for this one purpose. To keep the workforce happy and productive I created a tavern, and while the floor was being smoothed I notice something, the 16 year old manager was leading the tavern goers in a line dance... And they were walking on the chairs too.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48717 on: October 27, 2016, 07:48:57 pm »

The first serious threat to the fortress' security that didn't come from animals arrived today, in the form of a breach of the second cavern layer while constructing the necropolis. By chance, the breach was made at ground level, with a group of ant people almost directly on the other side. The miner chose to fight rather than flee and even managed to deal incapacitating wounds to two of the monsters, but he was overwhelmed and beaten to within an inch of his life before the guards managed to reach him. The battle that resulted left two more militiamen with serious wounds, but at least left all of the antmen dead. The three injured dwarves were brought to the hospital attached to the library and are being cared for by Stukos Rayglutton, the town doctor. Stukos is fairly skilled and the hospital is well-stocked, so the militiamen will make a full recovery, but the miner will be on crutches for awhile and may lose the use of his left hand.

Our first foreign visitor, another dwarf but from a different country, showed up not too long after that. He calls himself a scholar, but he spends far more time in the pub carousing with the farmers and arguing with the bookkeeper than he does in the library. He's ingratiated himself very well with the townspeople, and according to legends mode he's authored several extremely insightful treatises on both engineering and natural philosophy, but you certainly wouldn't guess that by looking at him.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48718 on: October 27, 2016, 08:14:32 pm »

I will never embark with cattle. Ever I've been put off by my latest were-attack

Literally a spitting image of my last doomed embark i told a story of woe about here with a goblin fortress gone horribly and messily wrong, a were-bison turns up and promptly destroys my entire army and all the children, plus some eager bystanders i really needed to keep the industries running smoothly. Not a single thing could touch it while it was being mobbed by heavily armed goblins except a single arrow to the lower leg from my pretty decent crossbowman.

Thankfully it turned back into a friendly human (it'd literally killed 20 people single handedly until it wore off) and i slaughtered them while they were vulnerable, unfortunately i couldn't have made him suffer some more or ate him due to bugs but it was a pretty satisfactory playoff before i abandoned my now marginally depopulated full of unskilled nobodies fortress.

In other news im experimenting with ideal designs for goblin fortresses, because my economy is leather/butchery/weapon based im always hunting new animals and have room to decorate without cramming everywhere full of farms. High quality silver morningstars are worth 1100 big bucks, a 500% improvement on the cost of buying silver bars from caravans.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48719 on: October 28, 2016, 10:19:46 am »

Oddly enough, i've gone months without a single raid. years even, ingame I mean. Damn it, I need an excuse to post some "They're taking the hobbits to isengard" Memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3246 3247 [3248] 3249 3250 ... 3836