Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3270 3271 [3272] 3273 3274 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5865048 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49065 on: December 22, 2016, 07:01:11 pm »

@Libash: Do you have at least 20 mood-capable dwarves? If not, welp.
Oh, so that was the problem.
I had more humans than dwarves.
 :P

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49066 on: December 23, 2016, 02:57:28 am »

So, I've rather belatedly realized a possible way to foil climbing enemies.

Far as I can determine, enemies can't climb up an overhang if they're no wall, fortification, or anything else occupying the space above it. Something others probably already know about. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49067 on: December 23, 2016, 03:00:50 am »

It cost half a dozen dwarven lives but the original tavern has been demolished. In its place stands a new plaza centred around a monument to our glorious military.
It consists of a golden pillar on which stands a golden statue of 20 dwarves posing triumphantly. On the ground around the pillar's base are 9 cinnabar statues of terrified goblins making plaintive gestures. I love the details menu so much.

In addition some babies were born, a camel herd was started, the barracks is moving closer to completion and I have an acre of goblin corpses to find a use for.

Also due to a gross clerical error we haven't had a sheriff all this time despite being certain we did. Fixed that, several dwarves were immediately beaten.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

guydude64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49068 on: December 23, 2016, 03:28:45 am »

I decided to meet a horde of 60 or so zombies head on with a single squad, and one catapult. about five minutes later, I've only lost 3 dwarves to the zombies, and I've killed every last one of the armored, and weaponized zombies. I believe I can attribute this to the catapult, as each time it launched, it ended up taking at least 5-10 limbs with every stone launched, thus getting rid of shields, swords, spears, crossbows, etc, from the zombies hands, as well as making them fall over as their legs were torn away from their bodies.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49069 on: December 23, 2016, 03:58:24 am »

Going to embark on a Savage Tropical Shrubland, hoping to catch and tame some giant elephants!

I've heard that this is guaranteed to end well.  Remember to periodically flood the surface with magma too.
Unfortunately Elephants are not that aggressive anymore, catching them should be relatively risky free.

I do have a tower nearby though, who I plan to combat with war trained elephants. Hopefully none die and get reanimated.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49070 on: December 23, 2016, 12:41:49 pm »

Oh shit son, fucking werechameleon. Okay, maybe starting to build hovels outside the walls of the keep was a bad idea.

First one one the scene is a brave as all hell bowwoman, who sadly only brought a shield to the fray. Soon several were killed or injured, and I'll have to sort through the wounded to root out suspected bite victims.

Good news is the leader of our spearmen squad chased the bastard down after he turned back.

EDIT: Two of the citizens bitten by the werechameleon have turned. Just in case, I'll wait until they change back before letting the third free, assuming they don't change too.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:20:09 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49071 on: December 23, 2016, 05:37:13 pm »

I set up a fort in a scorching, savage, shrub lands. I was hoping to get Giant Elephants myself.

Instead I got giant Keas. 

I enjoyed months of the human caravan giving out free iron arrows, and a kea choking a dwarf to death with it's wing.
                     And the birds didn't even steal anything, they were just sadists.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:45:21 pm by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49072 on: December 23, 2016, 05:41:05 pm »

It is terrifying.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49073 on: December 23, 2016, 05:56:47 pm »

Well, you're fucked mate. D:

Meanwhile I'm hatching a plan to get the two confirmed werebeasts out of my hospital and somewhere I can control them.

EDIT: This motherfucker keeps either mandating bucklers, or insisting they not be exported.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:37:15 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49074 on: December 23, 2016, 06:46:48 pm »

I got attacked by a were-weasel, one dwarf distracted it with is soft flesh while the other chopped it up. The meat shield in question got spinal damage and is now sealed in his own special room.
    Forever, unable to die, and forced to be alone, sealed in a marble tomb being unable to stand. Even if he went mad, he could not die.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49075 on: December 23, 2016, 06:50:24 pm »

You know what you must do. Drop goblins into an adjacent chamber, release them when he turns.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49076 on: December 23, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

For some reason, I have not gotten a goblin siege yet. I have no idea why, when do they normally come.
 Other wise I might have to stop trading plant cloth gear TO the elves (Mocking them, by showing off my much better cloth) and try war mongering with them. I could have sworn there were goblins near the embark.   

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49077 on: December 23, 2016, 07:05:05 pm »

Piss off the elves harder. o3o

Meanwhile whee, dwarves are here. Now at least they won't try and go through the moat and lose a wagon.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49078 on: December 23, 2016, 07:34:30 pm »

I got attacked by a were-weasel, one dwarf distracted it with is soft flesh while the other chopped it up. The meat shield in question got spinal damage and is now sealed in his own special room.
    Forever, unable to die, and forced to be alone, sealed in a marble tomb being unable to stand. Even if he went mad, he could not die.
If he got bit, he will heal. If not, he is safe to free

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49079 on: December 23, 2016, 07:55:17 pm »

If he got bit, he will heal. If not, he is safe to free

I know I read somewhere that you can use dwarves with spinal-nerve damage to train up your doctors. Just drop constructed floors with furniture or stuff from above them. You know, since they can't move that fast anymore, bring the harm to 'em. I guess you could do it with non-paraplegic dwarves too, but there are much fun things to do with those.

Also, yes, if he was bitten he'll turn and be healed.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 3270 3271 [3272] 3273 3274 ... 3836