Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5865136 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49125 on: December 26, 2016, 03:07:17 pm »

Hmmm, I have an idea. If I could get the save out there, would anyone have interest in trying to siege a fort taken by goblins?

Also, how can you do that. It is new to me.
You can't really do that yet, expect by starting an adventurer and systematically murdering everyone you came across in the fort.

(Could also embark on it with embark anywhere, but the goblins wont be hostile, so it's not really sporting.)

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49126 on: December 26, 2016, 03:29:01 pm »

Hmmm, I have an idea. If I could get the save out there, would anyone have interest in trying to siege a fort taken by goblins?

You can't really do that yet, expect by starting an adventurer and systematically murdering everyone you came across in the fort.

(Could also embark on it with embark anywhere, but the goblins wont be hostile, so it's not really sporting.)

well, here is what happened. Goblins attacked my fort, they got in and killed almost everyone. There are 5 dwarves left that I saved by burrowing them outside of the fort. The goblins are all inside the fort, and I am trying to seal them in. Trying to figure out a way to get in and take out the goblins with the 5 dwarves would be the source of the fun.

Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49127 on: December 26, 2016, 06:16:26 pm »

"Pot: Then Time Will Tell" is a WEREIGUANA parchment scroll, with a short story of no particular subject. Dowhatnow?

EDIT: How to deal with an elven caravan:

1. Offer them some of your fine wooden goods.
2. While the trade screen is still up, seize all the things.
3. Order one (or two) of their annoying merchants executed.
4. See how many more years they'll put up with your bullshit.

Third year I've snubbed them. They've got an astounding tolerance for dickishness.

EDIT: One merchant I ordered killed was chased down by the archers and turned into swiss cheese. The other ran INTO the fort walls and got mobbed by pretty much everyone. Little bastard bit a cook, but got what he deserved thanks to a woodcutter.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:08:38 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49128 on: December 26, 2016, 07:48:17 pm »

You can reclaim conquered forts, with the inhabitants still in them, but they won't fight you either.

"Pot: Then Time Will Tell" is a WEREIGUANA parchment scroll, with a short story of no particular subject. Dowhatnow?

This gives me an idea... I'll be back in a little while.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49129 on: December 26, 2016, 08:01:43 pm »

This gives me an idea... I'll be back in a little while.

You're gonna smoke kush, skin a giant lizard, and write bad poetry on its hide aren't you?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49130 on: December 26, 2016, 08:16:48 pm »

Finally caught my first dragon.
I feel like this might be overlooked in the fray.  Grats mate! :)  Of course now you are obligated to provide pictures, a backstory of how this came to be, and plans for your new BBQ pit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49131 on: December 26, 2016, 08:20:59 pm »

Finally caught my first dragon.

It didn't appear quite...randomly, did it? D:

In any case, you now must set up an arena and feed elves to it.

EDIT: Another sacrifice is prepared. This time it's 1 werebeast versus 22 children. This I suspect has good odds of catalyzing the growth of my werechameleon industry.

EDIT: Yeah, they kicked the shit out of him. Credit for the kill went to a 6-year-old.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:12:18 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49132 on: December 27, 2016, 06:47:23 am »

After a year of tedious construction it's finally ready.
The pump stack to bring water to the surface, the aqueduct to guide it and the reactor to power it.
The new pool that will be the centrepiece of my luxury surface apartments is ready to be filled, with space set aside for the fountain.
I'm open to suggestions on what shape the fountain should be.

Next up, filling the barracks/prison tower moat!

Update: Reactor fueled. Priming now.

Update 2: It works! I finally built a functioning pumpstack!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:00:15 am by Pirate Santa »
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49133 on: December 27, 2016, 07:22:41 am »

After a year of tedious construction it's finally ready.
The pump stack to bring water to the surface, the aqueduct to guide it and the reactor to power it.
The new pool that will be the centrepiece of my luxury surface apartments is ready to be filled, with space set aside for the fountain.
I'm open to suggestions on what shape the fountain should be.

Next up, filling the barracks/prison tower moat!

Update: Reactor fueled. Priming now.

Update 2: It works! I finally built a functioning pumpstack!

First off, congratz! I know how it feels like, making one of those for the first time. (mine was from the second caverns level to the top of a volcano. Obsidianized the top to keep fire imps from coming out. Later I added some chanels and stuff to turn the whole volcano top into a sistern, and feed a massive obsidian factory/corpse disposal facility)

I thought deserts had tons of wind, why the reactor?

And, for the shape of the fountain, what about an image of a dwarf's face, and make water or mist form the beard?
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49134 on: December 27, 2016, 07:31:14 am »

Nah, unless it has been changed with DF2014+, wind is based on latitude.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49135 on: December 27, 2016, 11:48:40 am »

Yeah,  I ran into that issue myself. Lucky for me, I had a brook.

I did find something interesting in an ocean/wetlands embark. The river did not drain into the ocean. The water was freash father away from the sea, but the river stopped, had a pool of salt separating it from the part of the river where it went into the ocean. So I had fresh water, but no current in the waterwheel.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49136 on: December 27, 2016, 01:09:07 pm »

So a modded pyromancer attacked, it died after turning one of my dwarves into a "tortured soul" now the siege is still here even though no enemy is left

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49137 on: December 27, 2016, 03:58:17 pm »

Was looking at what will show up on a test embark, and uh...

They must have heard that dwarven forts love to put elves on wood working and wanted to get ahead of the competition?

I'm surprised, anyway.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49138 on: December 27, 2016, 04:04:38 pm »

You've got to hire them. Don't even care if wood-burners are literally only useful once. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49139 on: December 27, 2016, 07:39:37 pm »

Interesting. All my guests are bards, peots, mercenaries and various kinds of purple professions. Though they do have different skills, but I have yet to see one with other profession titles.

The random generator must be against me. After I destroyed all silver spike traps and replaced them with glass spike traps after a fire fb accident, a green glass fb came, and a deadly one with a dust attack. I abandoned the save and reloaded an old one, because having a full squads of blistered soldiers is not fun.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:44:24 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 3836