Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3348 3349 [3350] 3351 3352 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788714 times)

Oberon23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50235 on: June 18, 2017, 10:11:12 pm »

So during a routine goblin siege, I noticed one of my 2 legendary Weaponsmiths was in a fey mood, with three shiny blue wafers in his forge. Grateful for fresh live fire targets for my all female scholar Xbow squad, I finish of the siege and wait with baited breath for Sigun's glorious culmination of his life's work.

And then this:

My "F*** YOU SIGUN!" resounded through the neighborhood and startled my wife. Keep in mind, this is after a candy ring, a candy amulet, AND a candy mace. At first, Sigun was going to die from magma, but then I thought of a better plan. Burrow him in, lock him off, and build an arena. He has until I finish my inn to forge his own armor, and train himself. The inn's opening ceremony will be one on one gladiatorial combat with the previous live-fire targets, culminating in a battle with my captured dragon. If he lives, then he will have proved his creations worth. If not, well, he should have made something useful. Either way, I'm sure it will provide excellent entertainment for the opening festivities.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50236 on: June 18, 2017, 10:52:12 pm »

So during a routine goblin siege, I noticed one of my 2 legendary Weaponsmiths was in a fey mood, with three shiny blue wafers in his forge. Grateful for fresh live fire targets for my all female scholar Xbow squad, I finish of the siege and wait with baited breath for Sigun's glorious culmination of his life's work.

And then this:

My "F*** YOU SIGUN!" resounded through the neighborhood and startled my wife. Keep in mind, this is after a candy ring, a candy amulet, AND a candy mace. At first, Sigun was going to die from magma, but then I thought of a better plan. Burrow him in, lock him off, and build an arena. He has until I finish my inn to forge his own armor, and train himself. The inn's opening ceremony will be one on one gladiatorial combat with the previous live-fire targets, culminating in a battle with my captured dragon. If he lives, then he will have proved his creations worth. If not, well, he should have made something useful. Either way, I'm sure it will provide excellent entertainment for the opening festivities.

He must be honoured by the challenge.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50237 on: June 18, 2017, 10:53:56 pm »

i decided to embark on a glacier just for laughs, and im shocked that people would decide to move into a fort thats entrance is just a shack and theres more people in the military than there are beds, as well as constant snowstorms, yetis, kobolds, etc.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50238 on: June 18, 2017, 11:10:08 pm »

My tavern's off to a good start, had a bunch of mercenaries come through, none proposed to stay. We've sent another survey corp into the caverns, to clear out the pack of trolls clinging about near the silk supply. Another goat offering has gone into the volcano, and more of the inner wall is being finished. Housing for the upper class is done being shaped, though the smoothing has yet to begin as the dining hall is only half finished. The pathways to the ground level have finally been finished, and a building is being placed around an area to act as the farm center.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50239 on: June 19, 2017, 05:30:43 am »

New fort, got a migrant wave I found a little odd: Migrant wave of twenty, only two guys in it. Just brushed it off and went on my way. Then, stuff got weirder as I kept getting cancellation and pause spam: Rimtar-Olin-Datan-Litash-etc. cancels job: Seeking infant! What? This kept going on until everyone who arrived in that migrant wave dropped a fresh baby in the statue garden, not even officially part of the fort yet, still new arrivals... I'm serious, there were babies everywhere! The migrant wave inflated to 20 dwarves and 18 tumors! What were they doing on the way here?!?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:37:38 am by StagnantSoul »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50240 on: June 19, 2017, 09:52:53 am »

Crimsontomb pyramid is progressing! Only 40+ laborers of various skill were slain during to random assortment of ambushes, accidents and starvation, but after seven long years we've finally finished the first and the largest level of the pyramid.

From now on, there will be less work per level. Long live Crimsontomb!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50241 on: June 19, 2017, 11:22:12 am »

I swear my fortress is cursed or something and is some kind of fun repellant.

Although I have a population of more than 160 citizens and more than 80k exported wealth, I've yet to get a single megabeast attack, a siege or even some minor harassment from nearby hostile civs.

The first forgotten beast that showed up was a giant quail with lidless eyes. It didn't even manage to get into my fort - it fought some draugr marksmen down in the first cavern layer, managing to kill them off, before wandering off into the unexplored areas. Later I found out it was killed by a regular geist - how exactly, I have no idea. I dont know where the geist is either - my dwarves made statues of the encounter, but I couldn't find the named geist anywhere - I don't know if he/she is dead or anything.

Next up, the thing that is happening currently - merchants from my civ came, but no trading took place - why? They were unpacking for the entire duration of their stay. I have no idea why.

Lastly, another FB came around, this one from the bottom-most cavern layer. It fought some magma crabs, which did what they usually do and spat magma at it. It managed to kill them off before it burned to death.

I have two adamantine spires that I could dig out and possibly unleash the circus.
On the other hand...I had this idea in my head of digging them out when a siege comes over. I'd have my military stall whatever race decides to try and get me, have some miners dig out the spires, then barricade some survivors in a safehouse that I dug out underground, only letting them out after the carnage is over.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50242 on: June 19, 2017, 03:45:36 pm »

i ran out of alcohol thanks to unluckiness in a glacier biome and now everyone is dehydrated and dying while im making a last ditch effort to breach the caverns

EDIT:it's pretty much over, everyone kinda died, still proud because it was a first time glacier run and i ran on for more than a year.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:55:15 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50243 on: June 19, 2017, 04:16:53 pm »

Hey guys, I dont want to create a new post so I decided to ask it here.
I've assigned my minners as part of a squad and designate an invader to be killed, but after that they just wont dig anymore.
I disabanded the squad, forbid the picks and unforbid to make sure it wasnt just a glitch, unfortuntly they still refuse to dig...
Any tips for this, please?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50244 on: June 19, 2017, 05:10:02 pm »

Hey guys, I dont want to create a new post so I decided to ask it here.
I've assigned my minners as part of a squad and designate an invader to be killed, but after that they just wont dig anymore.
I disabanded the squad, forbid the picks and unforbid to make sure it wasnt just a glitch, unfortuntly they still refuse to dig...
Any tips for this, please?
You did most of the needed steps, but also need to disable the mining labor then enable it.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50245 on: June 19, 2017, 05:11:11 pm »

You did most of the needed steps, but also need to disable the mining labor then enable it.

And if none of this works?? D:

Madrigal

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm polyphonic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50246 on: June 19, 2017, 05:29:35 pm »

And if none of this works?? D:

Have you tried making extra picks?

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50247 on: June 19, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »

Have you tried making extra picks?

Well, no i didnt. Would be odd but not a surprise if it works, lol. Ty for the tip

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50248 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:02 pm »

Next up, the thing that is happening currently - merchants from my civ came, but no trading took place - why? They were unpacking for the entire duration of their stay. I have no idea why.

Most likely one of the Merchants got caught somewhere, and couldn't get to the Depot - I've had it to me before (Merchant got stuck in a lake)

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50249 on: June 19, 2017, 06:27:09 pm »

Wow, it is getting worse. The miners/militia refuse to perform any job actualy... I designate them to Furnace Operator and add some "Make charcoal" but they dont even botter to perform the tasks...
Pages: 1 ... 3348 3349 [3350] 3351 3352 ... 3835