Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3354 3355 [3356] 3357 3358 ... 3605

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3120014 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50325 on: June 22, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »

It's a forgotten beast. I thought/hoped it was a titan, a specific FB is way less likely to show up at my fort (though it is a smaller sized world).

Okay. But what is it? A giant fire breathing bunny? A web slinging toad? A diamond dog?

Sorry. I need this information. It's important to me. And I might be thinking of drawing it.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50326 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:47 am »

so on my first fortress I just played for about 3 hours and got two days done because fps death

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #50327 on: June 23, 2017, 01:52:58 am »

My current fort was founded to test the effects of embarking near a retired fort of an enemy civ - I want to see if I get invaders from my old fort.  Instead, I've gotten a night creature (which ran around the map screaming in terror before getting caught and beaten to death), a necromancer attack (squashed by my first melee squad), and most recently, a werearmadillo. The First Talons were right on hand, and immediately started taking the creature apart.  But a recently arrived jeweler saw the fighting and decided to 'help'.  She pushed her way in front of two armored soldiers, forcing them to go around her in order to keep attacking.  She gave the beast a few minor bruises.  And right before it bled to death from multiple severed limbs, she got bitten.  So now I've got an expert gem cutter and gem setter with a werearmadillo infection, locked in a little wooden hut on the hillside and given the custom profession of 'idiot werebait'.

I defined her hut as part of the library and made her a scholar, so she'd have something to do in there.  She's currently 'pondering bandages' - perhaps inspired by her recent experiences with wound dressing.

I think I need to prioritize crossbows and quivers for most of my civilians... not so much to make them more dangerous, as to keep them from charging when they decide to join a fight.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50328 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:18 pm »

It's a forgotten beast. I thought/hoped it was a titan, a specific FB is way less likely to show up at my fort (though it is a smaller sized world).

Okay. But what is it? A giant fire breathing bunny? A web slinging toad? A diamond dog?

Sorry. I need this information. It's important to me. And I might be thinking of drawing it.

No like, it is super important to me too. But my legends only describes it as a forgotten beast. Dunno.

I hope it will show up to the fort. This is a megaproject fort so it should go on for some time.

I wonder if I could capture it and include it somehow in my project?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50329 on: June 23, 2017, 03:00:35 pm »

So, I killed all my dwarves with DFhack (because I had like 1 fps and it crashed when the season tried to change) and when I reclaimed, now there's smoke everywhere for no reason whatsoever (I checked, there's no fire anywhere on the map that's visible and it's a bunch of random spots where there were corpses)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50330 on: June 23, 2017, 03:17:19 pm »

So, I killed all my dwarves with DFhack (because I had like 1 fps and it crashed when the season tried to change) and when I reclaimed, now there's smoke everywhere for no reason whatsoever (I checked, there's no fire anywhere on the map that's visible and it's a bunch of random spots where there were corpses)

Did you use the DFhack command "exterminate"? Because that makes them literally disappear in a puff of smoke.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50331 on: June 23, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »

That would explain it then.... is there a way I can use DFhack to remove smoke?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50332 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »

That would explain it then.... is there a way I can use DFhack to remove smoke?

For me, it typically just disperses naturally after a few seconds. Then again, I have never mass deleted over 100 souls, so...

If there is a way, you can probably find it in the DFhack documentation.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50333 on: June 23, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »

Yeah.... I killed 370 something dwarves and 100 something various guests.... at the same time.... my frames are just as shot as they were before.....

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50334 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:48 pm »

Yeah.... I killed 370 something dwarves and 100 something various guests.... at the same time.... my frames are just as shot as they were before.....

Yeah... sounds like that part of the world is just uninhabitable now.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50336 on: June 23, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »

How do you know it was crashing when the season changed?

Did you use the DFhack command "exterminate"? Because that makes them literally disappear in a puff of smoke.
Not quite. Specifically, it removes all of their blood, which should make them die on the next tick (without smoke). However, that doesn't work for zombies and a few other creatures, so to work around that, it also sets their "vanish countdown" to 2, which makes them disappear in a puff of smoke in 2 ticks (but only if they're not already dead).

Basically, unless you used "exterminate" to get rid of undead dwarves, chances are the smoke is from something else.

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50337 on: June 23, 2017, 05:43:46 pm »

Not quite. Specifically, it removes all of their blood, which should make them die on the next tick (without smoke). However, that doesn't work for zombies and a few other creatures, so to work around that, it also sets their "vanish countdown" to 2, which makes them disappear in a puff of smoke in 2 ticks (but only if they're not already dead).

Basically, unless you used "exterminate" to get rid of undead dwarves, chances are the smoke is from something else.

I need to stop answering questions from experience and start doing bloody research...  :-[

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50338 on: June 23, 2017, 06:46:11 pm »

How do you know it was crashing when the season changed?

Because the save was on the 27th of the last month of summer and it crashes at about that time (I don't know for SURE, because I haven't actually stood watching DF for long enough for it to slowly creep to the end (I watch youtube and check back every so often)

Oh... well then I have no idea why there's smoke all over the areas with the dwarves that I killed with exterminate, is there a way to remove smoke with DFhack?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50339 on: June 23, 2017, 09:20:41 pm »

Oh... well then I have no idea why there's smoke all over the areas with the dwarves that I killed with exterminate, is there a way to remove smoke with DFhack?

If there is a way, it is not listed in the DFhack documentation's list of basic scripts.
Pages: 1 ... 3354 3355 [3356] 3357 3358 ... 3605