Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3351 3352 [3353] 3354 3355 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787769 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50280 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:38 pm »

That would explain it then.... is there a way I can use DFhack to remove smoke?

For me, it typically just disperses naturally after a few seconds. Then again, I have never mass deleted over 100 souls, so...

If there is a way, you can probably find it in the DFhack documentation.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50281 on: June 23, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »

Yeah.... I killed 370 something dwarves and 100 something various guests.... at the same time.... my frames are just as shot as they were before.....

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50282 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:48 pm »

Yeah.... I killed 370 something dwarves and 100 something various guests.... at the same time.... my frames are just as shot as they were before.....

Yeah... sounds like that part of the world is just uninhabitable now.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50284 on: June 23, 2017, 05:31:24 pm »

So, I killed all my dwarves with DFhack (because I had like 1 fps and it crashed when the season tried to change) and when I reclaimed, now there's smoke everywhere for no reason whatsoever (I checked, there's no fire anywhere on the map that's visible and it's a bunch of random spots where there were corpses)
How do you know it was crashing when the season changed?

Did you use the DFhack command "exterminate"? Because that makes them literally disappear in a puff of smoke.
Not quite. Specifically, it removes all of their blood, which should make them die on the next tick (without smoke). However, that doesn't work for zombies and a few other creatures, so to work around that, it also sets their "vanish countdown" to 2, which makes them disappear in a puff of smoke in 2 ticks (but only if they're not already dead).

Basically, unless you used "exterminate" to get rid of undead dwarves, chances are the smoke is from something else.

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50285 on: June 23, 2017, 05:43:46 pm »

Not quite. Specifically, it removes all of their blood, which should make them die on the next tick (without smoke). However, that doesn't work for zombies and a few other creatures, so to work around that, it also sets their "vanish countdown" to 2, which makes them disappear in a puff of smoke in 2 ticks (but only if they're not already dead).

Basically, unless you used "exterminate" to get rid of undead dwarves, chances are the smoke is from something else.

I need to stop answering questions from experience and start doing bloody research...  :-[

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50286 on: June 23, 2017, 06:46:11 pm »

So, I killed all my dwarves with DFhack (because I had like 1 fps and it crashed when the season tried to change) and when I reclaimed, now there's smoke everywhere for no reason whatsoever (I checked, there's no fire anywhere on the map that's visible and it's a bunch of random spots where there were corpses)
How do you know it was crashing when the season changed?

Because the save was on the 27th of the last month of summer and it crashes at about that time (I don't know for SURE, because I haven't actually stood watching DF for long enough for it to slowly creep to the end (I watch youtube and check back every so often)

Did you use the DFhack command "exterminate"? Because that makes them literally disappear in a puff of smoke.

Oh... well then I have no idea why there's smoke all over the areas with the dwarves that I killed with exterminate, is there a way to remove smoke with DFhack?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50287 on: June 23, 2017, 09:20:41 pm »

Oh... well then I have no idea why there's smoke all over the areas with the dwarves that I killed with exterminate, is there a way to remove smoke with DFhack?

If there is a way, it is not listed in the DFhack documentation's list of basic scripts.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50288 on: June 23, 2017, 10:06:51 pm »

E: Whoops.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50289 on: June 23, 2017, 11:12:03 pm »

If there is a way, it is not listed in the DFhack documentation's list of basic scripts.
I'm not aware of one either, but I'd just like to point out that that's not the only place you can find commands. Here is the list of all scripts, and here is the list of plugins. The search feature is also useful.

It turns out that there's a script (modtools/spawn-flow) that creates smoke, so I'd expect the reverse to be possible, but I don't know if anyone's written a script to do it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #50290 on: June 23, 2017, 11:12:19 pm »

A giant, Birod Largebristle the Hardy Nut, decided to visit my fort.  He ran into the middle of my settlement before my military could intercept him, then hopped down a ledge to pick a fight with my miners.  A few ticks later, Birod was yelling "Help! Save me!" while Anu Viperlast the Digger repeatedly planted a pick in his guts.  The giant passed out from exhaustion without landing a single blow, and then my miners took turns mining his skull until Anu got the kill.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50291 on: June 24, 2017, 12:55:02 am »

So on a different fortress, I have that pokemon mod installed, and I got a notification about a zorua only for it to be INSTANTLY caught in a cage trap

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50292 on: June 24, 2017, 08:07:07 am »

I'm not aware of one either, but I'd just like to point out that that's not the only place you can find commands. Here is the list of all scripts, and here is the list of plugins. The search feature is also useful.

It turns out that there's a script (modtools/spawn-flow) that creates smoke, so I'd expect the reverse to be possible, but I don't know if anyone's written a script to do it.

I never knew those pages were a thing. Thanks!

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50293 on: June 27, 2017, 09:01:10 am »

It's a forgotten beast. I thought/hoped it was a titan, a specific FB is way less likely to show up at my fort (though it is a smaller sized world).
Actually, it might. Creatures can attack your fort no matter where they come from. Bastiongate killed or captured every single FB in the world.

I.......

have a sudden need to make a fort whose sole purpose is to create a zoo (complete with gem or glass windows) of as many megabeasts, Forgotten Beasts, etc as possible. Stated goal is to capture: Killing (or allowing) even a single (on-Fortress map) Forgotten Beast is considered a tragedy.

Dwarves are replaceable. Forgotten Beasts are not.

no, not just Mega/FB Zoo.

ALL OF THE THINGS zoo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:07:18 am by Maul_Junior »
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50294 on: June 27, 2017, 09:37:38 am »

I.......

have a sudden need to make a fort whose sole purpose is to create a zoo (complete with gem or glass windows) of as many megabeasts, Forgotten Beasts, etc as possible. Stated goal is to capture: Killing (or allowing) even a single (on-Fortress map) Forgotten Beast is considered a tragedy.

Dwarves are replaceable. Forgotten Beasts are not.

no, not just Mega/FB Zoo.

ALL OF THE THINGS zoo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Make it and call it the Fort of Beasts.
Pages: 1 ... 3351 3352 [3353] 3354 3355 ... 3835