Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3358 3359 [3360] 3361 3362 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788264 times)

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
Re: Bad migrant wave
« Reply #50385 on: July 22, 2017, 02:51:45 am »

I've started a new fort with many neighbors: humans, dwarfs, elfs, goblins, kobolds and a tower

I've started my fort a all works fine. Then came the best migrant wave ever  :D
5 migrants. One bowjer and one stonecrafter that are merried and their 3 childs. No animals
So I hope, that the tower doesn't send zombies. Its a bit in distance, but you never know :)

Have a happy day in your fort!
The old apple revels in its authority.

andrian

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50386 on: July 22, 2017, 07:16:08 am »

Okay, guys... A Titan just showed up in my fortress, and it has a description unlike anything I've seen before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have I... just been attacked by the spirit of the holidays?

UPDATE: The spirit of the holidays just kicked one of my tanners so hard his nuts exploded.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:31:34 am by andrian »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50387 on: July 22, 2017, 08:43:26 am »

Okay, guys... A Titan just showed up in my fortress, and it has a description unlike anything I've seen before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have I... just been attacked by the spirit of the holidays?

UPDATE: The spirit of the holidays just kicked one of my tanners so hard his nuts exploded.

I've never seen an "Aura of Giving and Kindness" before either. I didn't know that was a thing. Does it do anything different? Or are those just it's spheres?

andrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50388 on: July 22, 2017, 08:47:24 am »

I've never seen an "Aura of Giving and Kindness" before either. I didn't know that was a thing. Does it do anything different? Or are those just it's spheres?

No clue. It didn't seem to change anything, but I don't even know how I'd find that out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50389 on: July 22, 2017, 01:12:29 pm »

I mean if it were going to do anything, then it would make any dwarf within it's field of activity be... really giving and kind?

Basically it would turn your dwarves into anti-dwarves, and whenever they interacted with a dwarf, they'd both be annihilated in a blazing ball of magma.

Better to kill it quickly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50390 on: July 22, 2017, 01:19:30 pm »

I mean if it were going to do anything, then it would make any dwarf within it's field of activity be... really giving and kind?

Basically it would turn your dwarves into anti-dwarves, and whenever they interacted with a dwarf, they'd both be annihilated in a blazing ball of magma.

Better to kill it quickly.

I mean, it couldn't give you coal or something like that. You know the DF community, they'd exploit anything the Spirit of Christmas gave them.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #50391 on: July 22, 2017, 01:45:00 pm »

I mean, it couldn't give you coal or something like that. You know the DF community, they'd exploit anything the Spirit of Christmas gave them.

I know exactly which dorfs I'd assign to demonstrating appreciation of someone gave my current fort some gorram coal.

andrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50392 on: July 22, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »

Sadly, the spirit of the holidays is dead now. I sent some marksdwarves to take it out from behind my fortifications, but before any of them could fire a killing shot, a human visitor managed to kill it with a spear thrust to the heart. I made an exception to my "no non-dwarven mercenaries" policy for that human.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Bad migrant wave
« Reply #50393 on: July 22, 2017, 06:09:38 pm »

So I hope, that the tower doesn't send zombies. Its a bit in distance, but you never know :)
A hope will not stop zombies! prepare! Get a door at least.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50394 on: July 22, 2017, 07:36:19 pm »

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #50395 on: July 22, 2017, 09:53:31 pm »

I find it more than mildly disconcerting that every.single.dwarf.child worships Ritas, Goddess of the Night.

But what's more confusing to me is that it's my Fertility god, not the god of the night, that is the one cursing people with lycanthropy and vampirism throughout history.

In fact, the Fertility God is the only one who seems to have any kind of history.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50396 on: July 23, 2017, 03:20:44 pm »

But what's more confusing to me is that it's my Fertility god, not the god of the night, that is the one cursing people with lycanthropy and vampirism throughout history.

In fact, the Fertility God is the only one who seems to have any kind of history.
Dwarven gods usually don't have histories, because dwarves don't build temples for people to profane. This is a rare case of humans adopting a dwarven god. They built a temple to him and now he can curse those that profane it.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50397 on: July 23, 2017, 04:57:42 pm »

TheFlame52 and Romeofalling... using avatars to make coincidence appear as intentional.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #50398 on: July 23, 2017, 08:33:47 pm »

Dwarven gods usually don't have histories, because dwarves don't build temples for people to profane. This is a rare case of humans adopting a dwarven god. They built a temple to him and now he can curse those that profane it.

Actually, it seems that Kenom is a human deity worshipped by The Mechanical Confederacies, and four of the dwarven children in my fort.

I hadn't realized that there was any kind of profaning that was involved. Thanks for the info.

TheFlame52 and Romeofalling... using avatars to make coincidence appear as intentional.

Yowza. Had to look to see what you meant. I've gone avatar-blind, it seems.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #50399 on: July 23, 2017, 11:45:21 pm »

Today, I decided to build a pump stack from the aquifier up to the murky pools on the surface that always dry up by early spring.

For reasons beyond explanation, I can NEVER remember how to build a pump stack properly, even with the wiki on and everything.
Pages: 1 ... 3358 3359 [3360] 3361 3362 ... 3835