Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 [3364] 3365 3366 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5773799 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50445 on: August 05, 2017, 02:07:28 pm »

Moody dwarf needs shells.

I have no shells.

All of the fishing spots are empty, even in the cavern.

What's the DFHack command to spawn a raw pond turtle shell?
Gui/spawn-item, I believe, if it can be done at all. I think it may just count as a corpse item, so it can't be done. Try "exterminate it" on the moody dwarf, then "full-heal -r" if you want it alive, though it may still be moody resurrected.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50446 on: August 05, 2017, 02:13:36 pm »

So first, you type "liquids". This is the secret term for the spawn shell command. Ignore anyone or anything that indicates to the contrary, they are trying to hide the best special commands from you.

Then, move your cursor over the dwarf in question. Hit Enter.

Please note that this command occasionally spawns magma. If it does that just put it over another dwarf and try again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ha ha, very funny. I've used the liquids and source commands before (trying to extinguish burning clothes with water, for instance). Although, that does give me an idea.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50447 on: August 05, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »

So first, you type "liquids". This is the secret term for the spawn shell command. Ignore anyone or anything that indicates to the contrary, they are trying to hide the best special commands from you.

Then, move your cursor over the dwarf in question. Hit Enter.

Please note that this command occasionally spawns magma. If it does that just put it over another dwarf and try again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ha ha, very funny. I've used the liquids and source commands before (trying to extinguish burning clothes with water, for instance). Although, that does give me an idea.

Making a fishing spot with DFhack? Or is that too crazy to work?

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50448 on: August 05, 2017, 03:03:56 pm »

Making a fishing spot with DFhack? Or is that too crazy to work?
Probably the only thing that will, for better or worse.

I've also had a dwarf drink him/her-self to death (suffocated in a pile of vomit). Their mood prior to death was full of "annoyed that they couldn't do this or that recently". Odd, since their stress was at the absolute minimum or close to it.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50449 on: August 05, 2017, 08:37:30 pm »

Two goblins slaughter my champion and his entire squad of well trained dwarves, militia comes along all just adequately trained, they all die, then a random hauler carrying a wooden shield to a stockpile comes through and shield bashes them both to death with one thwap each... Welp, off to the molten mother with him!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50450 on: August 05, 2017, 09:35:25 pm »

I think a legendary carpenter is worth the effort of containment. I recommend burrowing him somewhere and have him churn out products, perhaps using chutes to move stuffs from him and to drop more wood down. Make renovations only when you're sure he's not going to transform while his containment is unlocked. According to wiki here are the full moon dates:

25th granite (XX-01-25)
23rd slate (XX-02-23)
21st felsite (XX-03-21)
19th hematite (XX-04-19)
17th malachite (XX-05-17)
15th galena (XX-06-15)
13th limestone (XX-07-13)
11th sandstone (XX-08-11)
8th timber (XX-09-08)
6th moonstone (XX-10-06)
4th opal (XX-11-04)
2nd obsidian (XX-12-02)
28th obsidian (XX-12-28)

Oh, and you definitely want to make renovations and make his living as comfortable as possible, otherwise he might go insane from bad thoughts.

I can figure out how to get such a creature wood through the use of minecarts. Heck, you could even do some of the renovations with him by setting all his labors on, and then dump-pitting (or auto-dumping for dfhackers) the materials to him. What I can't figure out is a secure way to return his artistry to the rest of the population.

Okay, so you create a secure room that locks shut via external lever to shut Urist McAwesomeWood away from people when you need to. Minecart/quantum stockpile thing to get wood to him. Pit-dumping high-quality Furniture and whatnot down the same shaft the minecart dumps the wood into. How do you get his workshop goods out without creating an escape route when he's were-form?

Are there better/more dorfish ways to get stuff to/from him?
Couldn't you just have three sealed-off areas? One with the shop/living space/etc. and two others with stockpiles?

Weredude starts sealed in with stockpile north, fills it up with craftey shit, you flip a lever a drawbridges flips and now stockpile north is separated from the prison. Confirm weredude is not in stockpile north, flip another lever and stockpile north is connected to the fort. Two more flicks and stockpile south is disconnected from the fort, and connected to weredude's prison.

If you were really confident in your timing you'd only have one lever.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50451 on: August 06, 2017, 07:49:00 am »

Weretortoise attacked.
Too lazy to deal with infested dorfs.
Now only 4 left.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50452 on: August 06, 2017, 07:56:58 am »

Two goblins slaughter my champion and his entire squad of well trained dwarves, militia comes along all just adequately trained, they all die, then a random hauler carrying a wooden shield to a stockpile comes through and shield bashes them both to death with one thwap each... Welp, off to the molten mother with him!

Are you kidding? This is basically a dwarven superhero, who's beating up crime too tough for the military. He's freaking hardcore.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50453 on: August 06, 2017, 08:25:28 am »

Are you kidding? This is basically a dwarven superhero, who's beating up crime too tough for the military. He's freaking hardcore.

Not sure why but the guy had amazing physical stats, no lava resistance though. But hey he found out where the candy in the map was, sharing a wall with the magma tube but in line with a route my weavers go down sometimes, they were just missing it! He truly is a hero. Still wondering why he had such great stats.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50454 on: August 06, 2017, 08:27:31 am »

Not sure why but the guy had amazing physical stats, no lava resistance though. But hey he found out where the candy in the map was, sharing a wall with the magma tube but in line with a route my weavers go down sometimes, they were just missing it! He truly is a hero. Still wondering why he had such great stats.

still wondering why you melted him

Every once in a while the game makes somebody with insanely high stats for no apparent reason other than "why not." This sounds like one of those cases.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50455 on: August 06, 2017, 08:30:23 am »

Every once in a while the game makes somebody with insanely high stats for no apparent reason other than "why not." This sounds like one of those cases.

For my forts narrative. Each year a truly examplery dwarf who contributes something great to the fort, whether that be an artifact or a massive feat of martial prowess, or discovering a vein of aluminum, is returned to the molten mother. It is the greatest honor. Sadly my mayor is so useless he hasn't been a contributor to much except banning the export of rings.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50456 on: August 06, 2017, 09:10:09 am »

For my forts narrative. Each year a truly examplery dwarf who contributes something great to the fort, whether that be an artifact or a massive feat of martial prowess, or discovering a vein of aluminum, is returned to the molten mother. It is the greatest honor. Sadly my mayor is so useless he hasn't been a contributor to much except banning the export of rings.

You know what? I've heard of crazier challenges. Hell, I've done crazier challenges (or rather, attempted, it never seems to work out well).

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50457 on: August 06, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

You've seen the Ice Bucket challenge, now meet the Magma Chamber challenge.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50458 on: August 06, 2017, 11:15:19 am »

Sigtext Acquired

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50459 on: August 06, 2017, 11:24:51 am »

A Forgotten Beast entered my fort.

It was a giant, three-eyed, feathered shrimp.

A fucking shrimp.

It didn't even have anything special, just a thirst/hunger for warm blood.

A single crossbow bolt knocked it down, and a few pounds with a +steel war hammer+ bruised its brain, causing instant death.

That was the dumbest Forgotten Beast I ever fought. No one got hurt fighting it.
Pages: 1 ... 3362 3363 [3364] 3365 3366 ... 3835