Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788728 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50460 on: August 06, 2017, 11:49:32 am »

Every once in a while the game makes somebody with insanely high stats for no apparent reason other than "why not." This sounds like one of those cases.
Sigtext Acquired

Thanks.

Though honestly, I'm not sure why you in particular sig me so much compared to everyone else.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50461 on: August 06, 2017, 11:54:17 am »

Though honestly, I'm not sure why you in particular sig me so much compared to everyone else.
Because you say things that make me laugh (I was so tempted to sig that, not gonna lie)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50462 on: August 06, 2017, 02:02:19 pm »

Because you say things that make me laugh (I was so tempted to sig that, not gonna lie)

lol yeah.

Honestly I don't know what to say to that other than mention how flattered I am. I hate to get all sentimental, but it feels good to hear that you actually make people laugh every now and again.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50463 on: August 06, 2017, 02:08:41 pm »

lol yeah.

Honestly I don't know what to say to that other than mention how flattered I am. I hate to get all sentimental, but it feels good to hear that you actually make people laugh every now and again.

pineapples

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50464 on: August 06, 2017, 02:34:52 pm »

lol yeah.

pineapples

I legitimately have no idea why you said that but okay.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50465 on: August 06, 2017, 06:18:43 pm »

Moody dwarf needs shells.

I have no shells.

All of the fishing spots are empty, even in the cavern.

What's the DFHack command to spawn a raw pond turtle shell?
Not certain how to do with createitem
||
But, you can create an unit that yields shell (i.e. spawnunit GIANT_SNAPPING_TURTLE MALE) and then call exterminate him

And then have dwarf bucher him

||

=)

Alternatively, you could alternate forbidding other items each month if your caravans can bring shell-bearing creatures.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:20:17 pm by Fleeting Frames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50466 on: August 06, 2017, 07:24:12 pm »

Yeah, spawning a turtle is probably a better way to go. Createitem can't create CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE items, because those will crash DF when created in custom reactions (which is what createitem uses under the hood). At least, that's what I remember hearing from Quietust.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50467 on: August 06, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »

Not certain how to do with createitem
||
But, you can create an unit that yields shell (i.e. spawnunit GIANT_SNAPPING_TURTLE MALE) and then call exterminate him

And then have dwarf bucher him

||

=)

Alternatively, you could alternate forbidding other items each month if your caravans can bring shell-bearing creatures.
Thanks for the commands, but I already made a workaround by filling in a hole with water and having a fisherdwarf catch mountains of pond turtles.

I think the dwarf ended up making a candy grate. Useful for when I open up the circus.

AwesomenessDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50468 on: August 07, 2017, 03:05:43 am »

A cougar and three hunting dogs have been having a fight for several months now.

Not only has the cougar killed none of the dogs, but it has never suffered more than a bruised gut.

The battle has raged for so long and none of my actual hunters has come to kill the thing that both the cougar and hunting dogs have scars that have healed from since the battle started.

(Meanwhile the hunters are busy chasing owls and albatrosses.)
Goblin: General? We were told by the Dark lord to kill the dwarves, so why are we throwing socks in the pond instead of attacking them?
Goblin General: HehehehehehehehehahahHAHAHAHAHA
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50469 on: August 07, 2017, 03:07:26 am »

I had my first titan attack in my 1x1 micro fort today. I sent all of my military dwarves to swarm it at once. Somehow, we pulled through. After, I decided to look at the logs and find which dwarf preformed the killing blow. One Kol Cheerfultome was the killer, and despite his name, he managed to finish off the creature in the most METAL way possible:

For the record, this was a titan made of Bismuth. In a fit of fury, Kol gripped a head made from PURE METAL in his teeth and tore the creature's head off, killing it instantly.

I think I've found my fortress's first Champion.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:10:45 am by Heliman »

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
Re: harrassement in cavern D:
« Reply #50470 on: August 07, 2017, 05:18:42 am »

second year in my fort, late winter:
Some troglodyts have shown up and attacked my dwarfs. Two of them died and many are wounded.
So I most find a new broker. Chief mediecal dwarf is mortally wounded. Hope he survive!

The troglodytes were killed by my military dwarfs with no problem.

But nothing else interesting happened this year. A mayor were elected and a bit boring managing stuff.
The goblins still wait in their fortress with unknown reason. They send nobody to kidnapp my childs or to killmy dwarfs.
The elves stay away too. :(
The old apple revels in its authority.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #50471 on: August 07, 2017, 05:48:04 am »

Late Year 253.
Fort is 112 strong, with a few recent attacks dipping us down slightly.
Food stores are good.
We've got several legendary engravers, stonemasons, a carpenter, and miners.

One of our engravers got heavily injured when the drawbridge catapulted them up in the air after an attack by a were-creature. The creature didn't attack any dwarves, mercifully, however my botched attempt to rush everyone inside resulted in a few dead dwarves, and a few heavily injured. We have a hospital for treatment, and it is well stocked, we also have doctors, so I am hopeful for at least partial recovery of this dwarf.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: harrassement in cavern D:
« Reply #50472 on: August 07, 2017, 08:43:48 am »

second year in my fort, late winter:
Some troglodyts have shown up and attacked my dwarfs. Two of them died and many are wounded.
So I most find a new broker. Chief mediecal dwarf is mortally wounded. Hope he survive!

The troglodytes were killed by my military dwarfs with no problem.

But nothing else interesting happened this year. A mayor were elected and a bit boring managing stuff.
The goblins still wait in their fortress with unknown reason. They send nobody to kidnapp my childs or to killmy dwarfs.
The elves stay away too. :(

That's really unlucky to be honest. In my experience, troglodytes are almost never hostile and seem to run away from dwarves if they pay attention at all. It might be interesting to check the combat logs to see if the troglodytes struck first or if the dwarves attacked. I've had situations where visitors have shown off how opposed to nature they are by mass attacking any bunny that enters the room, and I'm pretty sure that some dwarves will just attack for the fun of it depending on their personality.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50473 on: August 07, 2017, 08:52:34 am »

Iirc, underground clever creature behaviour depends on how their encounters with your people have gone in the past, including in the worldgen. They've won, they're aggressive, they've lost, they flee.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50474 on: August 07, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »

I had my first titan attack in my 1x1 micro fort today. I sent all of my military dwarves to swarm it at once. Somehow, we pulled through. After, I decided to look at the logs and find which dwarf preformed the killing blow. One Kol Cheerfultome was the killer, and despite his name, he managed to finish off the creature in the most METAL way possible:

For the record, this was a titan made of Bismuth. In a fit of fury, Kol gripped a head made from PURE METAL in his teeth and tore the creature's head off, killing it instantly.

I think I've found my fortress's first Champion.

That's excellent. There are few sights that are simultaneously more idiotic and impressive than a true master of the Dwarven biting technique at work. See if you can request a custom statue featuring your dwarf, the titan, and an image of teeth.
Pages: 1 ... 3363 3364 [3365] 3366 3367 ... 3835